the question has been asked in another thread.... how do you remove one?
so i thought i'd post a copy of my install from LCOOL forum that i did a few years back
ok here goes,
as some of you may remember i installed a set of SAAS seats in my 105 series cruiser in place of the O.E bucket and bench seats that were soooooooooo uncomfortable on long trips.
my SAAS seats
Many months back i was lucky enough to purchase a centre console off of a fellow LCOOL forum member from down in Victoria, i think it was Phil from memory but feel free to correct me if i've got that wrong.
After many months of driving around (including trips to fraser island and landcruiser mt. park) with the console just sitting on the floor of the cruiser held in with just 2 screws to the front dash and a couple of zip ties, i thought it was time to install it properly over the xmas break.
i started by trying to work out where the 3 mounting brackets and all the different screws went as it all arrived from down south in a couple of boxes (thanks to a removalist mate) and i had no instructions what so ever of how it all went together. i then removed the drivers seat so i could lift up the vinyl flooring to see where the bolts holes would be to secure it all in place, in hindsight it's easier to remove both front seats straight up as you'll need to remove the passenger seat to get to some of the screws later on like i had to.
brackets sitting in place as i work out where holes should be, i used the front surround part to work out front brackets location
lifting up the vinyl flooring, not what i wanted to find where i'd hoped there would be some plugs in existing holes
climbing under the fourby i located where the holes should be and this made things easier, the 2 holes either side of threaded bolt are for the front bracket to bolt to
i drilled up through the floor from underneath and used 2 bolts with nylock nuts to secure it in place, don't do them up just yet as the 3rd bracket gets bolted with these bolts aswell (you'll understand when you do it)
next up was the rear bracket, using the bigger middle bracket to help locate rear mounting point i could see the drivers side hole lined up with the existing middle seat seatbelt anchoring point and hoped the other side had something similar underneath.
marking the location i grabbed a stanley knife and cut through the flooring and was pleasently surprised
remove the bung and you will find a threaded hole the same size as the seatbelt mounting holes.
a quick trip to supercheap and i had the bolts required to mount the rear bracket in place, a couple of 7/16 1" UNF High Tensile bolts from the Champion bolt rack (red packaged ones). i then drilled the 2 bracket mounting holes out bigger so as the bolts would fit through them.
i then bolted the middle mounting bracket in place, this is when i called out to the misses to help stop the front bolts from spinning whilst i climbed underneath and tightened up the nylock nuts
then i screwed the front surround piece into place with the 2 screws needed
next i fitted the front ashtray section that Phil also supplied me back into place, it just pushes in like the piece that surrounds your radio does
then i fitted the main rear section into place
lift the carpet square from out of the bottom of the main console, there's 4 screws holding it down inside, also is about half a dozen screws holding it on the outside into the mounting brackets i mentioned earlier.
then i fitted the rear cupholder section in place, open the cupholder section and there's only 4 screws inside holding it in position
alright now i'm on the home stretch
here's where i'm not quite finished yet, i bought another damaged centre console off of ebay because it was from a manual version 100 series, i'd hoped to use the gearstick infill piece to go in place of the one i had as my console was from an automatic gearbox cruiser.
unfortunately the manual one doesn't fit my 105 because my gear shifter is to far forward, so i've started chopping up the auto surround piece in the hope i can make it look semi factory like. as you can see i've got the centre part out and the saved the clips that hold it all in position, the gearstick boot from the manual console does fit over both of the levers on my 105, so i'm planning on using that and somehow fill in the void area, will keep you posted when i work out how i'm going to do it.
couple of pics with it all in place, nearly finished but not there yet
when i finish the part around the gearsticks i'll post up some more pics and how i did it
2 posts • Page 1 of 1