View topic - Taipan exhaust or Beaudesert?

Taipan exhaust or Beaudesert?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Here and there

Taipan exhaust or Beaudesert?

G'day all, I'm trying to decide between a 3" TaipanXP exhaust or a 3.5" Beaudesert exhaust system for a new V8 Cruiser ute. I've spoken to a mate of mine who swears by the Taipan, but I figured the more opinions I get the better. Is the extra half inch on the Beaudesert going to be a good or a bad thing considering the engine (which will be getting chipped and tuned as well), or will the Taipan be the better bet?

Unread postby lais817 » August 18th, 2010, 12:23 pm

Avid Poster

lais817 wrote:G'day all, I'm trying to decide between a 3" TaipanXP exhaust or a 3.5" Beaudesert exhaust system for a new V8 Cruiser ute. I've spoken to a mate of mine who swears by the Taipan, but I figured the more opinions I get the better. Is the extra half inch on the Beaudesert going to be a good or a bad thing considering the engine (which will be getting chipped and tuned as well), or will the Taipan be the better bet?

Priced both for a 100ser The Taipan was about $1800.
The Beaudesert was just over $1000 fitted

Am quite happy with it Mine is a 3" which is quite enough for a 100.

Unread postby hillbilly123 » August 19th, 2010, 8:39 am

Been here a while

Are you saying that beaudesert do not make a 3" one or they also make a 3.5" one?

from what i remeber when i was shopping around for quotes on the GU beaudesert were extremely helpful and also better priced than Taipan.

The cruisers have big engines (4.5ltr V8's) so will be expelling alot of gas. A 3lt Gu usually gets mated with a 3" pipe so a 3.5" pipe for a 4.5ltr V8 doesnt sound in principle to be wrong. The turbo will also act as a regulator to some extent.

Im would think/hope they would not be selling a 3.5" exhaust if it was going to do more bad than good. Maybe give them a call and let them know what you are thinking. Ask them why they sell a 3.5" pipe whereas Taipan sell a 3" pipe.
98 GU RD28 - BFG 265/75/R16 - 2.5" HD Dobinsons & Terrain Tamer Shocks - TJM Alloy Bar - LF 240 Blitz - UHF - Redarc - AirTec - 80l Waeco - Steel Rack - Tintz!

99 D/Cab Hilux 3RZ-FE - BFG 30x9.50xR15 - EFS Elite - TJM Tourer Top - The rest is on the Patrol :(

Unread postby hi1ux » August 19th, 2010, 9:31 am

Avid Poster

I am not saying anything other than I have a 3" on my Cruiser.

It has a 3 1/2 in dump pipe which is much bigger than the standard one.

They make all sizes I guess and will know whats best for different vehicles

I wont be ringing them as mine was fitted 2 years ago.

Just sharing some knowledge of prices

I would think the standard grunt of a V8 would be more than enough anyway.

Whatever you get make sure it is a Mandrel bent system Nothing else is as good.

Unread postby hillbilly123 » August 19th, 2010, 10:05 am

Been here a while

Another system to throw into the mix is Roo Systems,they also do power chips that have custom tunes installed to suit the exhaust.
Ph 1300 305709.

Unread postby OUTALUX » August 19th, 2010, 4:06 pm

Here and there

hi1ux wrote:Are you saying that beaudesert do not make a 3" one or they also make a 3.5" one?

from what i remeber when i was shopping around for quotes on the GU beaudesert were extremely helpful and also better priced than Taipan.

The cruisers have big engines (4.5ltr V8's) so will be expelling alot of gas. A 3lt Gu usually gets mated with a 3" pipe so a 3.5" pipe for a 4.5ltr V8 doesnt sound in principle to be wrong. The turbo will also act as a regulator to some extent.

Im would think/hope they would not be selling a 3.5" exhaust if it was going to do more bad than good. Maybe give them a call and let them know what you are thinking. Ask them why they sell a 3.5" pipe whereas Taipan sell a 3" pipe.

The 3.5" was the one I was reccommended by Beaudesert when I enquired, I'm pretty sure they'd do a 3" as well. The main reason I was interested in the Taipan was that I could get it fitted and have a chip put in at the same time, which for me in a remote area, was a huge bonus.

I know I can always fit the chip myself, but figured I'd get better perfomance numbers if I got somebody with the know how to do it properly.

Unread postby lais817 » August 19th, 2010, 4:24 pm

Here and there

I just got my exhaust done at Race Reliable Auto at Capalaba for my Hilux. Fantastic service and really happy with what they've done.

Unread postby whitey89 » August 19th, 2010, 6:53 pm

Avid Poster

lais817 wrote:The 3.5" was the one I was reccommended by Beaudesert when I enquired, I'm pretty sure they'd do a 3" as well. The main reason I was interested in the Taipan was that I could get it fitted and have a chip put in at the same time, which for me in a remote area, was a huge bonus.

I know I can always fit the chip myself, but figured I'd get better perfomance numbers if I got somebody with the know how to do it properly.

Maybe another reason to ring AMMS. they do a DIY matched exhaust and chip to suit the diesels.
HZJ105, GT2860, FMIC, H151 conversion, pro locker and a custom made camper.

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewt ... &start=125

Unread postby EFIwindsor » August 19th, 2010, 8:16 pm

Here and there

id go the beaudesert. seen them in action realy notice the power increase and response. you might find that you wont need the chip afterwards

Unread postby animal_49 » August 19th, 2010, 9:05 pm

I'm new, be nice!

im very happy with my beaudesert exhaust, The dump pipe replaced the back housing on the denco turbo and is about 4in wide then the rest is 3in all flanged and gaskets and fitted perfectly

Unread postby dieseldan07 » August 20th, 2010, 4:26 pm

Return to Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's