View topic - Bogaard Turbo Timer

Bogaard Turbo Timer

Been here a while

Bogaard Turbo Timer

I have recently installed a Turbo Timer and have run into a problem.

When the timer is active and keeping the ute running, I am unable to engage my immolibiser via the central locking button as the CPU still thinks the car is running with the key in the ignition.

Has anyone come across this issue and resolved it?
2008 PJ Dual Cab 5sp Man 4x4 XLT Ranger
Mods: 2" Snorkel Lift, Phillips Sports Headlight Globes & Tinted Windows

Instagram

Unread postby XLT Ranger » August 17th, 2010, 7:06 pm

XLT Ranger wrote:I have recently installed a Turbo Timer and have run into a problem.

When the timer is active and keeping the ute running, I am unable to engage my immolibiser via the central locking button as the CPU still thinks the car is running with the key in the ignition.

Has anyone come across this issue and resolved it?

I was going to install a turbo timer on my car, but was told
it would have the same problem, so i did'nt get one.
I'm no expert on this, but i was told that modern turbo diesels
do not require a turbo timer anyway because they are the
ball bearing type, older style ceramic turbos do need turbo timers
so the ceramic dos'nt get damaged from cooling down to fast.

Unread postby rolly82 » August 17th, 2010, 7:33 pm

Been here a while

I saw something last night about these t/timers new part no. rangbt I think it was call boggard check with them or try their website.

Unread postby navara07 » August 17th, 2010, 8:25 pm

Been here a while

I have the same turbo timer fitted to my ranger. Its not a fault or anything wrong with your timer thats just how they are. You will just need to start locking the car with the key if you don't want to wait for the turbo timer to cut the engine off.

Unread postby rangerboy » August 18th, 2010, 9:07 am

Avid Poster

I've had turbo cars for 10 years and never had a turbo timer. I drive my cars hard and never killed a turbo either. Turbo timers are a WOFTAM in my opinion.

However as everyone else has said what you are experiencing is pretty normal, your only solution would be to fit an aftermarket alarm/immobiliser with a turbo timer module in it.
'09' Ford Ranger Wildtrak | With heaps of cool stuffs

Unread postby WA_WildTrak » August 18th, 2010, 9:54 am

Been here a while

I installed a TT as the first mod on my 2007 PJ XLT ranger. I won't go into the you should or shouldn't use a TT war, but the way I got it to work with my keyless remote was to remove a couple of wires. I didn't cut them, just used a small scredriver to release the clip and "back out" the wires. I worked out I needed to remove the red/white and the black/yellow wires from plug 0914-201 seen in this diagram (click). From what I can work out, this stops the keyless entry thinking it has power (eg it thinks the ignition is off).

Its been like this for over 3 years will no ill effects and no codes thrown up on the ECU at service time.

Unread postby _jp_ » August 18th, 2010, 8:21 pm

Been here a while

_jp_, thankyou very much. That sounds great. I'll investigate that and give it a go!

Instagram

Unread postby XLT Ranger » August 18th, 2010, 10:12 pm

Been here a while

_jp_, I just tried your theory, and the remote now works when the car is running, (it actually works when only the Black/Yellow cable is removed from the plug, but the indicators do not flash) but the immobiliser is not active. It is only when the car has stopped and I unlock it then relock it after already locking it while the car is running that the immobiliser becomes active.

Instagram

Unread postby XLT Ranger » August 20th, 2010, 6:07 pm

Been here a while

XLT Ranger wrote:but the immobiliser is not active. It is only when the car has stopped and I unlock it then relock it after already locking it while the car is running that the immobiliser becomes active.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that. I normally park in safe places (work, home, etc) and lock it and wakl away to let the timer run out.

If I go to some less than desireable places I'll either wait for the timer to run out or manually stop it and then lock with the remote (which arms the immobiliser).

Let me know if you work out how to get it refined any further.

Unread postby _jp_ » August 20th, 2010, 6:31 pm

Been here a while

Lol. I will do.

One good thing about disconnecting the wires is that the indicators flash everytime you press the remote, so if you're not sure whether you've locked it or not, it will flash for you.

Instagram

Unread postby XLT Ranger » August 20th, 2010, 6:35 pm

Been here a while

Re: Bogaard Turbo Timer

okay, so since my XLT is 2 weeks old and still excited with the car i'm willing to wait couple of minutes inside just for the turbo, do u guys recommend certain time like exact minutes of waiting time? This is my first turbo car and really newbie. My apology if my question is a bit OT...

cheers!

Unread postby machined » November 11th, 2010, 7:37 pm

Part of the furniture

If you are just driving around town, by the time you have parked the car, knocked it out of gear, put the hand brake on and taken off your seat belt you will be rite to turn it off. When I do a long drive, especially if I'm towing or doing hilly country, and pull up, I will get out, have a walk around the car and have a look and make sure nothing has come loose and have a bit of a stretch and by that stage a couple of minutes have gone by and it should be ok to turn it off.

Unread postby D1cko » November 11th, 2010, 9:16 pm

Been here a while

Hi guys, if your concerned about your turbo this might be a better way to go.

Pre-Post Lube A-Kit: Pressurises Engine Bearings and Turbocharger Bearings Before Startup and after Shutdown.

Check out the link below.

http://www.autoenginelube.com/turboprepostlube.html

looks good to me.

Unread postby Jaytee7 » November 19th, 2010, 12:04 am

Return to PJ/PK Ranger / Old BT50