View topic - Airtec snorkel pictures

Airtec snorkel pictures

Been here a while

Airtec snorkel pictures

Looking at getting a snorkel for my 60 and wish to have a look at all the options on the market. I have seen plenty of Safari's and Airflow's fitted to 60's on the road but no Airtec.
Have contacted TJM but they no longer have a 60 series brochure to view, but they did supply a very small picture of one.
Anyone have an Airtec fitted to their ride and any chance of a clear picture of it?
They are worth a few bucks so I want to be happy with my choice.
Anyone know if one snorkel performs better than the others?(more flow,less restriction etc)

Cheers

Unread postby DB 60 » August 13th, 2010, 8:36 am

Here and there

my safari snorkel goes good, had no troubles with it since ive had it, dunno bout the others though
1985 HJ60 [][O]=TOYOTA=[O][]

Snorkel & 31's :waycool: and has my P's :D

Unread postby Swiftman25 » August 13th, 2010, 4:32 pm

Been here a while

Thanks Swifty, I figure all the snorkels on the market will perform much the same.
I am keen to see the cosmetics of the Airtec and how it looks against the chiseled body lines of the 60.
If I don't see pics or one on a 60, I will more than likely go the Safari as I have seen plenty before.

Unread postby DB 60 » August 14th, 2010, 7:54 pm

Part of the furniture

i have heard (but no proof) that the airtec's dont have as good airflow as others because of there shape. dunno might want to look into it...? :s

also look at the iron man snorkels pretty much the same as safari but alot cheaper! i am getting one on my cruiser
:truck:cruiser ute!!!

Unread postby lynch » August 15th, 2010, 1:39 am

Been here a while

Thanks,sounds interesting- anyone else heard the same thing?
I looked on the Ironman site, but no snorkel listing for a 60 :(

Unread postby DB 60 » August 15th, 2010, 10:01 am

I'm new, be nice!

Re: Airtec snorkel pictures

Hey DB, ive got a Airtec on my wagon. Definately fits well. NO issues with air restriction and very free flowing all the way to the air box and simple to fit. Can put pics up if you want??

Unread postby adk_82 » December 30th, 2010, 10:14 pm

Been here a while

If you could that would be great

Unread postby DB 60 » December 30th, 2010, 10:20 pm

Here and there

I put an airtec on the fj60 i had a few years back now.. fitted very well and didnt restrict the airflow, as i can tell any snorkel will improve the airflow over the standard airbox position.. (my current hj kroozer has a 3 inch custom made stainless that was on it when i purchased it which is awesome for airflow)
but the airtec was easy to fit and fitted very nicely along the guard lip and was very good looking..

Unread postby 60kroozer » December 31st, 2010, 9:52 am

Been here a while

i have one on mine and im very happy with it was easy to install and the template was spot on it looks like its meant to be there very happy for the money it cost cheers matt

Unread postby Watto's60 » December 31st, 2010, 11:55 am

Avid Poster

snorkel is a snorkel. its usually a black plastic tube attached to the side of your truck. there is absolutely no difference between any one of the three brands mentioned above. dont take the air-flow comment seriously, they all perform the same as the air is sucked in. if there is any difference in air-flow it will be 1%. i am kicking myself in the a** ever since i gave my brand new in a box airtec snorkel to my mate dirt cheap. now that i need one, i don't want to spend $$$ for a piece of plastic. just stick a piece of 4" exhaust pipe instead maybe? it will do exactly the same job. pan

Unread postby LZ_Pan » December 31st, 2010, 2:15 pm

Part of the furniture

[quote="LZ_Pan"]snorkel is a snorkel. its usually a black plastic tube attached to the side of your truck. there is absolutely no difference between any one of the three brands mentioned above. dont take the air-flow comment seriously, they all perform the same as the air is sucked in. if there is any difference in air-flow it will be 1%. i am kicking myself in the a** ever since i gave my brand new in a box airtec snorkel to my mate dirt cheap. now that i need one, i don't want to spend $$$ for a piece of plastic. just stick a piece of 4" exhaust pipe instead maybe? it will do exactly the same job. pan[/quote]

Does that mean i can sell my snorkel to someone else Pan?
Ive told a few its sold thats all.
EARLY LANDCRUISER SPARES is on FACEBOOK

Unread postby TUFF HJ60 » December 31st, 2010, 3:16 pm

Return to 60 Series