100 series VERY hard to get into low range.

mike_nofx
Been here a while

Unread post by mike_nofx » March 12th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Crzr105 - That does work!(pulling towards left of vehicle) gets it into Low range for me in a stopped position. Still need 2 hands tho!

cruzin60 - How big of a job is it to do that? I wouldnt mind doing it.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. It will give me something to do on the weekend now.

skooter
Here and there

Unread post by skooter » March 13th, 2008, 6:58 pm

Our 105 is the same, I find that whilst pulling it up (not really hard) and sort of jiggling it back it goes in a LOT easier. Sorry thats the only way I could explain it lol.

Also while the interior was stripped when I was putting carpet in I noticed the stubby lever doesn't go directly down through the floor to the box. It actually goes like this, Knob>Straight down>turns right to go horizontal with the floor behind the main gear stick, to the drivers side of the tranny tunnnel>then goes through the floor, like a lightning bolt shape. That's why it makes it a bit easier pulling to the left.

Frank the dog
Been here a while

Unread post by Frank the dog » November 18th, 2009, 4:29 am

G'day Folks,

A quick tip that I thought might work for others. I initially found shifting into low range difficult then I discovered the secret two handed technique:

Grab the transfer leaver knob with one hand and lift with the other hand grab the horizontal section of the transfer leaver that is covered by the boot and lift (It's shaped a bit like the letter 'L' laying on its back).

Works everytime. :thumb:

Cheers,

Ben

adam smallridge
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by adam smallridge » April 9th, 2010, 11:01 pm

got a 04 100 series manual when i first bought it it was very hard to get in L4 now after using it all the time slips in and out fine but if its not used for while gets a little harder

Capcruza
I'm new, be nice!

Re: 100 series VERY hard to get into low range.

Unread post by Capcruza » October 5th, 2018, 5:43 pm

There is a guide pin under the trans case boot which tends to seize up if not used regularly. To fix, remove the rubber boot from the top of the case/gearbox; inside the rig there you will find a second rubber boot over the lever for 4wd; lift this and you will see the tight guide pin. This is how I fixed mine.
Remove the 4 bolts from the driver seat and take out.
Remove 2 front bolts from passenger seat loosen the back 2.
Remove the plastic floor seals and kick plates inside.
Remove the front floor lining.
Remove 4 bolts from the rubber boot around gear shift levers.
Use a large screwdriver to lift the second boot from the bottom.
Lubricate the guide pin.
Replace everything.
Should take about 1hr.

Return to “100 Series”