Any info on my nissan patrol gq td42 auto?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
ozzy4wd
I'm new, be nice!

Any info on my nissan patrol gq td42 auto?

Unread post by ozzy4wd » January 11th, 2019, 9:32 pm

hi i have a nissan patrol gq td42 with a auto, can anybody tell me some info on them how rare they are just any info on them i cant find anything on them
thanks

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Any info on my nissan patrol gq td42 auto?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 12th, 2019, 4:24 am

What year is yours? Is it a hi-top or the normal type low roofed vehicle?

Basically, the big diesel auto's are pretty rare in Aust, not a heap made it here & most that did were hi-tops; in fact, there weren't too many made at all! Why, I don't really know - those that did make it here were pretty robust & very capable off road - generally even more so than their manual brothers, just so long as the auto fluid was kept cool & not allowed to pre-heat/over-heat the engine cooling system! The standard auto-trans coolers worked sorta OK on road in mild weather, but ask them to work or tow at all, especially in hot Aussie weather, & the OE cooler just wasn't up to it! And they were usually plumbed thru the bottom of the radiator so the hot trans fluid pre-heated/over-heated the engine coolant before even hitting the OE cooler/heat exchanger! Might've been a good plan to pre-heat the radiator in wintertime Europe or Japan, but that was just not very smart for hotter countries like Aust! :eek:

Can you give us more detail on yours? Does it all look factory, or does it look like someone has grafted an auto onto the back of a TD42 & made it fit? That has happened a bit, and there are some fairly professional looking conversions around, but they are generally given away by the bell-housing & the drive-shafts. What are the codes on the Manufacturer's ID Plate? How long have you owned it & do you have any history on the vehicle if it wasn't yours from new? PM if you like, heck, you could even visit, I'm not all that far away from Angaston; but please, more info & details?!? ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

ozzy4wd
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Any info on my nissan patrol gq td42 auto?

Unread post by ozzy4wd » January 12th, 2019, 3:22 pm

its a low roof and its factory auto and made in 1993 and is a lwb model

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”