2.2l 1983 diesel engine drive belts - got any pics of pulleys? Mine dont align!

Got a problem or suggestion relating to oil burners? Post it here
Dylan Grant
Getting to know the place

2.2l 1983 diesel engine drive belts - got any pics of pulleys? Mine dont align!

Unread post by Dylan Grant » January 8th, 2019, 7:03 pm

Anyone have a pics or know what the pulleys looks like on the accessories drive. It has got the factory crank pulley and whats looks to be factory water pump pulley but don't line up. But the water pump and alternator line up within a mill or 2.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: 2.2l 1983 diesel engine drive belts - got any pics of pulleys? Mine dont align!

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 12th, 2019, 8:33 am

Is that a 2.2l Hilux motor you want pics of?

I just grabbed this off google - help any?

https://www.google.com/search?q=hilux+2 ... PCAc9Ua6OM
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Dylan Grant

Re: 2.2l 1983 diesel engine drive belts - got any pics of pulleys? Mine dont align!

Unread post by Dylan Grant » January 12th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Here is some pics of how my pulleys line up and what my engine looks like. Its a Toyota L 2.2 diesel. Would like some pics of how the pulleys line up, what pulleys would work or whats the best way of making it work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dylan Grant

Unread post by Dylan Grant » January 12th, 2019, 5:37 pm

It is a Toyota L 2.2 Diesel, Peter. I think that engine from that link is different.

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » January 12th, 2019, 9:23 pm

G’day
From pic 2 looks like the water pump is the odd man out. The belt bends out from the harmonic balancer pulley. Could be a later pump? The 2.8 desiel looks very similar except they have double belts but very similar. Often you can exchange things from diferent Togo’s. I changed out a alt from a toyo car to a 2 ltr petrol Ute by changing the pulley and belt. Drove the next owner crazy come time to replace the alt. Could also be that pulley on the water pump is wrong but they don’t come with the replacement pump as s rule either. So my moneys on water pump being the odd man out.

Dylan Grant

Unread post by Dylan Grant » January 12th, 2019, 11:22 pm

Thanks cbd. I will take the water pump pulley off my 2.8 hilux tomorrow and see what it looks like then.

Dylan Grant

Unread post by Dylan Grant » January 13th, 2019, 6:50 pm

So i put the water pump pulley off my ln106 Hilux today and it fits and the pulleys line up. But need to get a longer belt as the ln106 pulley is larger. Does anyone know if having a larger water pump pulley will effect anything?

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » January 13th, 2019, 9:34 pm

G’day
Good to hear !
1 write down the size
2 expect a certain amount of stretch.
3 congrats those pre turbo pre common rail had that really truly “note” to the exhurst.
As you have figured owning a 2.8

Return to “Diesel Tech”