Can I fit a Winch on the stock bullbar?

Harry21p
I'm new, be nice!

Can I fit a Winch on the stock bullbar?

Unread post by Harry21p » January 5th, 2019, 10:03 am

Hi guys new to the forum thought if anyone could answer my question it would be you guys, got a 2008 Sr hilux and looking to put a winch on the factory bullbar
61E44962-3360-4442-9780-A91A62BBAF8D.jpeg

Been looking online and been told I need a cradle but not sure what’s on the market and how it works, if any one has a video, photos or even any info let me know

Cheers in advance
Harry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Can I fit a Winch on the stock bullbar?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 5th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Welcome to the Forum Harry! :thumb:

Just going from what can be seen in the pic, it sorta looks like your bull bar is at least winch ready, if not actually already a winch bar!! If you search it carefully, you might be able to find a compliance or id plate somewhere on the bar proper that provides some helpful info; or failing finding that, maybe you should take the number plate off, grab a little 'mirror on a stick' & a torch, & have a squizz in the space behind the bar.... If you can see the correctly spaced & reinforced bolt holes for a winch already in place in the (should be substantial metal) cross members back there, or even a thickish metal tray with winch mounting spaced holes already drilled in it bolted across between the side sections/chassis rails, you might be more'n halfway there!!

If it looks like you've got all the holes & stuff already in place so you could just bolt a winch & controller straight in, you should still check the mounting points for the bull bar itself - they need to have load spreading plates &/or anti-crush tubes pretty much everywhere any bolt goes thru the chassis rails, and ALL the bolts holding the bar to the vehicle or any tray or winch load to the bar MUST be High Tensile bolts. So check ALL the bar mounting bolt heads carefully!

Some of the 'more familiar with Hilux bars' Forum members might be able to shed more light on that particular style of bar, but hopefully this lot has given you something to work on! Good Luck! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Harry21p
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Harry21p » January 5th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Cheers for the response mate I got under and had a look and there is a cut out behind the number plate and also has 8 square holes that look like they could be mounting points, other than that it just looks like a standard bullbar

Harry21p
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Harry21p » January 5th, 2019, 8:08 pm

I found a sticker on the bullbar saying it’s a Breaker BullBar 150 ser 4x4 only 08/2006 on wards

PZQ29 163/172/173
Maybe a model number?

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 5th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Could you check that number with Toyota to see if it is a winch bar?
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Harry21p
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Harry21p » January 5th, 2019, 8:35 pm

Had a look and couldn’t find much emailed Toyota and just gonna wait and see what they say

Return to “HiLux”