What's the Largest stock tyre size on any mass produced 4WD?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Captain_Indecisive
I'm new, be nice!

What's the Largest stock tyre size on any mass produced 4WD?

Unread post by Captain_Indecisive » December 19th, 2018, 11:23 am

What is the largest stock tyres you've ever seen or heard of on a mass produced 4wd? This is more of a curiosity thread than anything else. I just wanna know what's out there. :waycool:

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: What's the Largest stock tyre size on any mass produced 4WD?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 19th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Hi Capt, welcome to the Forum & posting! :thumb:

You might want to give us a bit more info to narrow down your enquiry just a bit - are you including Mass produced 4WD Trucks & Heavy Transport vehicles, 4WD Wagons & Tray tops, D/C Utes, SUV's, AWD's, or what?

For what it might be worth, the largest 'stock' tyre I can recall is about 48" rolling dia, but that was on a full-on Off Road Heavy Transport vehicle; while the biggest stock tyre I can recall on a general 4WD like a Patrol or a L/Cruiser etc is about 35"... but then I'm talking serious 4WD's too, I really haven't kept up with the pretend 4By's & toys coming out of the factories these days :o :sillywink:

Edit: Better not forget the 'off road' tyres on the HaulPak's & Euclid dump trucks etc, they included 'mass produced 4WD vehicles' (of a sort :p ) in their range and their tyres were about 3m in rolling dia! Hadta use a crane to lift them on & off!! And then there's big transport stuff like the Thornycroft Antar 4 & 6x's, the later Leyland Antar 'Brontosaurus'; & even stuff like the 'Rolligon' thing they tried in the early Desert Oil Research days, which had 'tyres' that were really just massive air bags with about 40" rolling dia and around 50" wide!! 4 of them under a truck running at about 5psi & you'd go almost anywhere carrying pretty much whatever you liked & barely leave a mark on the ground!! :eek:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Captain_Indecisive
I'm new, be nice!

Re: What's the Largest stock tyre size on any mass produced 4WD?

Unread post by Captain_Indecisive » December 26th, 2018, 10:44 am

Hey Pete!
I'm talking civilian vehicles that can be driven on a car license. Biggest I can think of in that category is an h1 hummer (37" from factory). I may be wrong but I think that's the biggest??

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”