Seasons Greetings to you all for 2018!

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
Peter Aawen
Admin

Seasons Greetings to you all for 2018!

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 15th, 2018, 1:13 pm

Here's hoping you all have a great Holiday Season & get some enjoyable family time & 4WD'ing in! :woohoo: And the Best of Wishes for the New Year too! :thumb:

Anyone prepared to share their plans? Gonna be a fairly quiet one for us, cos she's working all but the Public Hols; so SWMBO & I only get to spend some time at home with the Kids & Grandkids :woohoo: and do the rounds of the various family & In-Laws do's :pinkgrin: Sadly, there's no 4Wheeling for us in the offing! :o
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

V Williamson
Part of the furniture

Re: Seasons Greetings to you all for 2018!

Unread post by V Williamson » December 17th, 2018, 2:58 pm

And of course thank you very much there Peter for soldiering on with the forum. It looks like your "it" when it comes to forum control, moderation and problems these days!

Not going too far over the Christmas /New Year here. We had the caravan out for a few nights last week. Hopefully after several months, all of its issues are sorted. The nastiest was that the solar panel had been very securely positively earthed whilst the rest of the system was negatively earthed. It took two extra solar panel regulators and two extra batteries to sort that out (including that fault travelling round Australia!). Initially I felt it was the dealers responsibility to fix the fault when first noticed, but they didn't twig to what the real problem was! We can easily get three nights "off grid' before the fresh water starts getting a bit lower, or more importantly, the toilet cassette fills up. The supplied 80W solar panel seemed to hold the battery voltage fine, so why get more panels at this time. It is doing what we want it to do.

So Seasons Greeting to all and sundry. Keep safe.

Cheers Vaughan.

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » December 23rd, 2018, 5:45 am

I hope all here have a Christmas to remember.
No wheeling for me this Christmas as the old girl is a little tired and needs a rest and some refurbishment before hitting the tracks again.
I hope to run into old acquaintances and friends out and about in the new year.
Keep save and have fun.
Wayne

jclures
Avid Poster

Unread post by jclures » December 25th, 2018, 7:26 am

Have a Merry Christmas everyone.

TheScot
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by TheScot » December 25th, 2018, 9:04 am

Merry Christmas! Unfortunately I only have the public holidays off, but hoping to get a couple of weeks off in January and get a spot of camping/fishing in. Have rellos down in Gippsland so might get out on the lakes if the weather's nice.

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » December 26th, 2018, 3:36 pm

G’day
Thank you Peter for your great works... we do appreciate it.
Seasons greetings to all.
I’m off to Forster and my Bros place. Too much food and a few cold sherbets might be in order.
Definitely a day on the beach at tuncurry fishing and we’ll definitely be daybtripping in the area. Just checking out a few old camping spots that I haven’t been too for many years and plan a few camps for when the tourist have gone back to work!

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”