Can't get this donor Challenger MMCS to work, any suggestions?

jenpete
I'm new, be nice!

Can't get this donor Challenger MMCS to work, any suggestions?

Unread post by jenpete » October 28th, 2018, 4:29 pm

I have a 2014 Challenger without any Nav. I have come into the possession of a MMCS, with Nav, from a 2015 Lancer, of some description, with a severed wiring loom. The wiring of my Challenger seem to be similar except for an earth or two missing.
My Problem is:- The 2015 MMCS doesn't fire up on the bench or in the Challenger, but still works in the wreck it came from.
Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Can't get this donor Challenger MMCS to work, any suggestions?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 10th, 2018, 10:28 am

I'm not all that sure you'll be able to get it to work Jenpete. :( I'd love to be shown to be wrong, but I suspect that one or more of the (many) computers & PLC's in your Challenger simply doesn't recognise or trigger that MMCS into functioning, & the only place that occurs is in the wreck it came from.... :o

Many vehicles these days work that way - the wiring loom & all the bits that hang off it are effectively a cohesive whole that will ONLY work when connected in the right way so that all the other bits recognise the addresses & security codes built in - take any component to another vehicle & the codes aren't the same so it won't work!! I don't know if the Dealers even have any way of getting different components recognised - in some instances it's even a case of 'replace the entire dash module' just to fix one of the displayed features!! :eek:

I do hope I'm wrong, but maybe you'll need to check with your dealer to see if what you are trying to do is even possible.... and when they don't know, as is most likely, ask if they can push the query up the line. Good Luck! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

jenpete
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Can't get this donor Challenger MMCS to work, any suggestions?

Unread post by jenpete » November 13th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Thanks for reply, my thinking is similar, but have to try. Maybe just another of my impossible projects.

Return to “Challenger”