Pelvarata Falls and Jefferys Track 30-9-18

ravofireman
Need to get out more

Pelvarata Falls and Jefferys Track 30-9-18

Unread post by ravofireman » October 3rd, 2018, 10:44 pm

So on Sunday a few of us decided to meet up and head out to Pelvarata Falls for a BBQ with the kids.

Has been some time since I have been in there and just like every track that there ever is, its never that same as last time you where there. Last time it was all dust. This time mud and rocks.

So we all meet up at Margate and Grabbed an Ice Coffee, Some Brekkie, and some snacks for the kids and then hit the road.

The wife had the Camera out but was a little disappointed as her new Nikon d850 had not arrived on Friday as promised. (Was more of a relaxing trip so there weren't a heap pf pictures taken.)

So we heading in with a line up of Rigs, A GU patrol, A GQ patrol, D40 Navara, and a HIlux.

The start of the track has become very cut up from a water pooling underneath the clay. This was not a issue for most, apart from the stockish d40. It was in 4wd mode already. From this point on we did the right things, like talk about how much 4wding we dont do, what we used to do, Oh, and we let the tyres down.

From here it was pretty smooth going with some little water holes, a couple of longish, rockish bits, but all smooth going and some nice scenery for the kids to check out. This was until we made it to the first real challenge, a tight right hand turn with some rocks, water, and some ruts. The first vehicle to run into any sort of dramas here was theHhilux. Now the issue was not related to the conditions, just a freak thing to happen. For some reason the radiator cowling had become dislodged and decided to have a munch on the fan.

So we removed the un-needed parts and thought let's move on. (Never played up temp wise all day)

Next we have a call on the radio that the GQ had dislodged a spring and was in need of a little bit of a hand. So we all backed up and did what 4wders do. We Stood around and talked about what we should do. And then the women come along and made us fix it or we'd have to deal with the kids. So out with the tools and we put it back together.

From here on to the falls it was pretty smooth driving and I'll let the pictures tell the story.

ravofireman
Need to get out more

Re: Pelvarata Falls and Jefferys Track 30-9-18

Unread post by ravofireman » October 3rd, 2018, 10:45 pm

So we pulled up stumps just near the end of the track for a BBQ a beer and the kids to have some fun., The wife captured some pics of the water fall.

********* Wheeling Down Under ************
2010 GU Patrol, 2inch lift. zd30

1998 GU patrol rd28 stock as a rock

ravofireman
Need to get out more

Unread post by ravofireman » October 3rd, 2018, 10:46 pm

So from here we made it back out of the falls, Only to get to the end of the track and for the hilux to jump out of gear in the transfer case and the lever wouldn't re-select it. So we ended up having to pull it out and put it back in the correct place and try again, Was a easy trip out, With exception to the Navara, He miss judged the corner driving the side into a rock and scraping up the whole side of the car.

So from there we decided to head back home the long way over jefferys. It had been years since i have been over there and its always been a nice drive. All though it had been a long time we did the wrong turn opps.

ravofireman
Need to get out more

Unread post by ravofireman » October 3rd, 2018, 10:47 pm

There was some new ruts and some major wash outs here but every section was easy to drive if you took the easy side. In typical yota v nissan rival the hilux and the patrol did not take the easy way, Turns out the patrol has a big bum and oops, now new tail lights. Here are some pics.

Sorry its not the best laid out trip report. I will be working on more detailed reports for future trips.

Thanks Guys

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 4th, 2018, 12:17 am

Sounds like a pretty good trip to me Ravo; and the pics are pretty good too! :thumb:

But tell me, was that Jeffery's Track the Jeffery's Track between... errrm, Lachlan & Huonville or CrabTree or thereabouts?? Or maybe it'd be better to say 'between the Derwent Valley and the Huon Valley' or something along those lines?! Cos it's been waaaaayyyy more years than I care to think about since I've been down that way, and while the pics here & in the album were pretty good, nothing in the background really helped jog any better 'location memories' for me!?! I must be getting old.... or maybe my 'forgettory' is starting to work better than my 'memory'!! :ooh:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

ravofireman
Need to get out more

Unread post by ravofireman » October 4th, 2018, 12:24 am

Peter Aawen wrote:
October 4th, 2018, 12:17 am
Sounds like a pretty good trip to me Ravo; and the pics are pretty good too! :thumb:

But tell me, was that Jeffery's Track the Jeffery's Track between... errrm, Lachlan & Huonville or CrabTree or thereabouts?? Or maybe it'd be better to say 'between the Derwent Valley and the Huon Valley' or something along those lines?! Cos it's been waaaaayyyy more years than I care to think about since I've been down that way, and while the pics here & in the album were pretty good, nothing in the background really helped jog any better 'location memories'! I must be getting old.... or maybe my 'forgettory' is starting to work better than my 'memory'!! :ooh:

Thats the one and only track mate. Your memory is still working fine. The track has changed. And ljke most places some disrespectful people have been driving off the main track and dumping rubbish. Still a good drive tho.

Yeah there wasnt a lot of pics taken. Since the wife had done a few photo shoots the day before it was more relaxing then anything.

Return to “Tasmania”