Ford Ranger Tray Size - what are the Factory tray dimensions?

mr_bres
I'm new, be nice!

Ford Ranger Tray Size - what are the Factory tray dimensions?

Unread post by mr_bres » October 3rd, 2018, 1:36 pm

Hey folks, I have been looking at getting my hands on a 2007-2011 Ford Ranger dual cab for work and weekend adventures. I'm upgrading from a Great Wall 4x2 (yeah yeah I know) and am going to get a 4x4. I have decided I want a steel/alloy tray over a tub tray.
At the moment I want the dimensions of the standard trays that come on the Ford Ranger 2007-2011 but for the life of me can't find the factory measurements! Can any one link me the FACTORY dimensions of the standard tray? I have found a few bolt on tray dimensions, but nothing about factory.
Cheers.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Ford Ranger Tray Size - what are the Factory tray dimensions?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » October 3rd, 2018, 3:34 pm

Hi mr_bres, welcome to the Forum. While I don't know for sure, I doubt very much that there is really anything such as a single specific FACTORY size tray for the Ford Ranger! Almost all of the tray top vehicles around that you might see are shipped from their various factories as Cab-Chassis vehicles that only ever get fitted with a locally sourced tray from wherever they might end up being sold. :ooh:

Yeah, there might be a few exceptions amongst the various vehicle manufacturers, but the by far majority of tray top vehicles you'll see around just use whatever trays are locally available, even if they sometimes go to the expense of getting a local tray manufacturer to build a large batch & occasionally might even stick their vehicle name on them too! The same is often also done for so-called 'Factory' bull bars; sometimes done for 'Factory' Air Con; and has even been done for 'Factory' winches & other 4WD specific features on some vehicles. Regardless, due to their size, bulk, & the expense & difficulties that all that stuff would cause for shipping, plus the potential for differences in local load, size, & lighting laws/rules etc, trays are very rarely actually a single or specific 'Factory' size - you just get whatever the local dealer could find that fitted the bill. ;)

And besides, in the final wash, any tray that you get is going to be a 'bolt-on' unit anyway, so you might as well just start out aiming to get one that suits exactly (or nearly so) whatever you need from a tray!! And if you like, you can probably even buy a Ford or Ranger sticker to go on the tailgate too! :sillywink:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Body and Barwork”