Vdj76 workmate build

Stevie mac
Getting to know the place

Vdj76 workmate build

Unread post by Stevie mac » June 3rd, 2018, 10:26 pm

Hi everyone, I’m Steve from Perth WA.

Iv recently bought a 2011 vdj76 with only 130,000kms ,only put on 400 km myself so far. Thought I’d make a build thread to answer some questions people might have + just a review of the mods.

Mods already on vehicle mods.
-3 inch custom fabricated
-darkest legal tint
- front diff lock (auto locker)

Very Recent mods. (Less than 100 k’s ago)
- 3x -0 offset rims (16 inch)
2x -55 offset rims (16 inch)
5x Mickey Thompson Deegan 38 : 285/75/16
- ECU shop ramble box
- scan gauge ii
-k&n air filter

Incomplete mods
Car builders sound deadner ( driver door only)

Upcoming mods
- complete sound deadner
- turbo timer
- lift ( still stuck between 2 or 3 )
- custom white flares ( sr5 style + colour coded )

I’ll add photos soon , and update this frequently for all

Stevie mac

Re: Vdj76 workmate build

Unread post by Stevie mac » June 6th, 2018, 10:34 am

Few photos of the rig so far
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 6th, 2018, 4:59 pm

It's looking pretty good, Stevie! :thumb:

Keep the pics & build info coming! :)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Stevie mac

Unread post by Stevie mac » June 7th, 2018, 9:15 am

Update*

I have continued to sound proof the car have now fully completed the rear and have notice a difference already with less exhaust note comming through the cab.
Sound proofing the rear included the 2 rear doors and rear floor and 2 rear side panels.

Also added the Bogaard turbo timer which was honestly a 5 minute install and a great mod.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 7th, 2018, 11:47 am

All progressing very nicely, lookin' good! :thumb:

Just be a little wary about how & when you use the Turbo-timer.... it's illegal to walk away from your car leaving the engine running.... :boggle:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Stevie mac

Unread post by Stevie mac » August 2nd, 2018, 5:27 pm

Update *

I keep an eye out for when I use the turbo timer and don’t really use it unless iv just done a hard drive.

I also do not run a lift with the 285’s and driving around town is fine but I noticed when I go off-road when I seem to hit 3/4 of its maximum flex the front slightly scrubs. So to solve this problem I got my mechanic to install some 30mm spacers for the coils up front which stopped the scrubbing and made the vehicle sit a lot better IMO

BUT I had a clearance issue, :eek:
the distance between the front drive shaft and the sway bar was about 45 mm and at first thought i said “ “nah she’ll be right” but on the way home I climbed a curb (shortcut) and NNOOO all was not alright. Those 2 parts impacted.

Solution : take out the sway bar because I don’t have sway bar extensions at the moment and iv been 4wdriving heaps so I needed that flex.

On the good side she definitely doesn’t scrub anymore and iv been hitting dunes and all lately
:lol:

Return to “Tourers”