LN107 Hilux-Diff lock on dash lights??

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
hulk88surf
I'm new, be nice!

LN107 Hilux-Diff lock on dash lights??

Unread post by hulk88surf » April 5th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Hey there,

I noticed in the sunlight on my dash lights that there are the words "DIFF LOCK" in my LN107.

Has my truck possibly got a factory diff lock and i just cant seem to find it or whats the go? Ive never heard of hiluxs having factory diff locks but just saw the words (not lit up) on the dash lights area along the bottom.

Cheers in advance.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: LN107 Hilux-Diff lock on dash lights??

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 5th, 2018, 10:47 pm

No, if you've never seen that light all lit up, chances are that you DO NOT have a diff lock; it's just that the dash has the default provision for those models WITH that option! (Which are few & far between in Aust spec vehicles!!) :(
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

hulk88surf
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by hulk88surf » April 6th, 2018, 6:37 pm

Roger that, cheers mate!

Thought i was gonna be lucky haha.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 6th, 2018, 7:30 pm

It woulda been nice.... but sadly, quite unlikely!! :o

I think the Sth African Lux's & their Raider's & KZ-TE's got the Toyota switchable Lockers, so maybe you could source one & the wiring from there?! Or you could talk to Opposite Lock anywhere, Locked Drive Systems in Sydney, or Harrop/Eaton in Melbourne about fittjng a Detroit Locker into the rear of your Hilux - they really make a massive traction improvement all the time when fitted in the rear diff, and the latest versions have no more impact on your daily driving than any good LSD would (unlike the crappy Toyota LSD!) but they provide WAAaaaaaaayyyyy better traction ALL the time, on & off road, wet or dry, towing or not.... :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

hulk88surf
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by hulk88surf » April 12th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Yeh that is definitely on the list of things to do. Are they available for the IFS front as well? Or not a good idea as I will most likely snap CV's etc? You wouldn't also happen to know why every time I glow the plugs then go to start it there's just one click and it doesn't start, then wait a few seconds til I hear another click and then when I turn the key it starts. Sometimes it won't start for like 5 mins? Starter motor?

Cheers mate

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”