Ram Mounts!!!!! Aren't they Brilliant!!

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
the-viking
Part of the furniture

Ram Mounts!!!!! Aren't they Brilliant!!

Unread post by the-viking » January 13th, 2017, 4:33 am

Has anyone else discovered the brilliance of the Ram Mounts?
I was just about to buy a GoPro suction mount when I stumbled onto a YouTube clip about the Ram Mount mounting system. I was pretty impressed. So as I do I started my research and net surfing to be satisfied that this was a superior product. So, with anticipation I bought the mount. OMG this is one of those products that is just simply brilliant. So happy with the quality and performance I bought a universal car cradle for the iPhone as well. Again bloody brilliant! (Sounds like I'm getting a commission don't it?). Seriously. When something comes along this good I just have to cherp about it. The field of mounts available and versatility of this system is mind boggling. Cheap? Not really but there's just some things in life I'm happy to spend the extra bucks on. There's nothing they don't cover. Looking at this system now for the iPad mounted in the car.

https://www.hurtlegear.com.au/categorie ... KgodEioA2A

hoyks
Avid Poster

Re: Ram Mounts!!!!! Aren't they Brilliant!!

Unread post by hoyks » January 14th, 2017, 6:05 pm

I had them on my bike, great mounting system. Strong enough that it doesn't vibrate or wobble around, but will move and not break anything if you fall off.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » January 14th, 2017, 7:43 pm

We ran quick-fit RAM Mounts for all the extra camera gear, any additional GPS stuff, the Zynx AutoSteer, & whatever extra computers etc we got to run whenever we hadta do support trips for people doing odd things in remote areas of the country!! I reckon that more than once, the front dash of the Patrol had just about every Ram Mount option available carrying something mounted somewhere across the dash, glove box, or front seat/foot well - and that's without counting the RAM gear that was already there carrying my 'permanently' mounted GPS units, a couple of UHF radios, a 27mHz radio (altho the HF control unit was screwed directly onto the centre console) & the Halda TwinMaster, or later on, the TerraTrip!! RAM always came up with a solution whatever we had to mount, their gear always survived the battering that corrugations & severe off roading dealt out, & it all satisfied Mr Plod too!! Great stuff!! And these days, I'm even using some of their gear on the CanAm Spyder, so I can carry & mount radios & telephones, cameras etc on that too! ;)

Good Gear, and really pretty cheap when you consider that it actually works, it lasts pretty much forever, & you can swap & change bits to suit whatever you need to carry now!! Not much better gear like it out there IMHO!! :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 15th, 2017, 3:31 am

Peter Aawen wrote:We ran quick-fit RAM Mounts for all the extra camera gear.......
Oki Doki then Peter. I can read between the lines. You like their mounts then? lol.

Like I said. Ive only got a go pro and phone cradle suction mounts but my Lordy am I impressed. The ability to integrate all the part to make up your own mount configuration. When I mean not cheap I meant compared to a typical Phone store phone cradle but yes worth paying for......

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 20th, 2017, 7:27 am

These mounts blow me away. I ordered the phone cradle with the 'Long' arm but when I mounted it, it protruded to far from the wind screen for my liking. So I swapped that arm around with the 'Standard' arm I bought with the GoPro mount. Brilliant!! So rigid theres bugger all movement. :D

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » January 24th, 2017, 11:57 am

I have one for my GPs tracker, just velcroed to the dash mat but does the job very nicely
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

the-viking
Part of the furniture

Unread post by the-viking » January 24th, 2017, 4:56 pm

I have seen so many youtubes now and have taken notice of how many of these mounts are being used in so many applications. My Phone cradle is like its part of the car, it has sweet FA movement.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”