Are Roo Systems winches re-badged Tigerz11 winches?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Bevan'n'Katie
Avid Poster

Are Roo Systems winches re-badged Tigerz11 winches?

Unread post by Bevan'n'Katie » February 18th, 2013, 4:44 pm

are the roo system winchs just re badged tigerz11 winchs ? they are the same besides coulor. or has the problams the tigerz11 winchs had been ironed out in the roo one ?

Sparkys
Part of the furniture

Re: roo systems winchs

Unread post by Sparkys » February 18th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Interesting to note that they both came on the market at the same time at approximately the same price.

whizzo
Need to get out more

Re: Are Roo Systems winches re-badged Tigerz11 winches?

Unread post by whizzo » February 18th, 2013, 6:00 pm

I sugest they may be similar or the same product from the same or similar manufacturer......but that could be said for any of the..um.....upstart brands of winch.

I doubt very much that the roo system winches are sourced thu Tigers 11.

cheers

Bevan'n'Katie
Avid Poster

Unread post by Bevan'n'Katie » February 18th, 2013, 7:10 pm

i really hope that roo has made a better winch. i would get one but not going to chance having another broken winch of the same type.

smwhiskey
Been here a while

Unread post by smwhiskey » February 18th, 2013, 7:24 pm

I reckon they're the same unit with a different paint job. Check the specs on these 2 pages
http://www.tigerz11.com.au/grande-9000l ... neema.html
http://www.roosystems.com.au/products/w ... -rope.html

Wonder why the $200 difference?
2003 NP Exceed Pajero with a bit of lift, a large plastic straw to breathe through and hunk of steel on the front with a few bits and pieces hanging off it.

Missy

Unread post by Missy » February 18th, 2013, 7:30 pm

I read somewhere that the solenoids are different between the Roo and the Tiger

Bevan'n'Katie
Avid Poster

Unread post by Bevan'n'Katie » February 18th, 2013, 11:39 pm

smwhiskey wrote:I reckon they're the same unit with a different paint job. Check the specs on these 2 pages
http://www.tigerz11.com.au/grande-9000l ... neema.html
http://www.roosystems.com.au/products/w ... -rope.html

Wonder why the $200 difference?

yep there the same, but roo claims 9500lb but everything is the same. even the speard sheet down to the size of the packing box's

really dissapointed, i had the impression that roo systems prided them selfs on there gear, not repacking the tigerz11.

bazzaboy
Been here a while

Unread post by bazzaboy » February 19th, 2013, 7:40 am

They are all coming out of China, with the only difference being the name on the sticker when their re-sold. My advise is to buy them from an outlet that has a replacement or money back warranty.
Bazza.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

OIIIIIIIO
Been here a while

Unread post by OIIIIIIIO » February 19th, 2013, 7:59 am

Have a look at the LED lights distributed by powerful 4x4, roo systems (the cheap ones), tigerz etc. they are all the same.

roo systems and tigerz both had bull bars come out at a similar time, visually the same, you'd have to inspect them both to check steel thickness to verify, that they are the same, but if the shoe fits.

my word of advice is, open your eyes and look at what you want to buy and the price.

For example. my gf and I were in tent world the other day, and there were all your usual stuff in there at all different prices ranging from a couple of hunge to a well over 1k, then we seen a tent tucked away in the corner that we liked, actual canvas, non of this plasticy, rip stop stuff. Simple in design, very large, looked easy to put up and pull down and going for I think $900. and the quality was impeccable.
Spend time looking before you buy, the worst buys are spur of the moment.
[quote="Bonk"]

The shower fart is most potent because you don't hold back. You give it everything you've got.
It's a steamed air-poo, and it smells like the 3rd layer of hell.[/quote]

Pajo

Unread post by Pajo » February 19th, 2013, 8:02 am

I was reading, think it was on another forum or on f/mag that even though the roo winch comes ot of the same factory as tigerz the components inside are different, same spects but stronger.

Peter.
A HOUSE IS A MANS CASTLE..............WHEN THE WIFE IS OUT.

r2d2 sander
Been here a while

Unread post by r2d2 sander » February 19th, 2013, 8:40 pm

Roo System use the same remote as the Tigerz, so I was under the impression they are indeed all the same.
Looking at their gear online, they are just buying cheaper imports and selling with a profit. Pretty obvious.. they are aiming at a lower end of the market I suppose.

They don't 'built' any gear... just on-sellers.

Cheers

westquad
Here and there

Unread post by westquad » February 19th, 2013, 9:42 pm

guys, i guess what you have to look at here, is that these are great for those that are not on a 100k a year salary with the latest 200series with all the fruit.

These are great for those that might be on a low budget, or maybe just dont want to spend huge dollers on their car. Gives everyone a chance to play outdoors.

While my tigerz11 awning is pretty bloody average compared to my old ironman, and older ARB (both of which i sold second hand when cars were bought / sold), it did only cost me a tad over $150

Sparkys
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Sparkys » February 20th, 2013, 12:27 pm

I'm on a salary under half of 100k a year and I would still rather save up and buy a quality piece of equipment.

Do it once, Do it right. That's a good motto to live life by. A few dollars saved now may cost you more later.

y b normal
Part of the furniture
Location: just behind the steering wheel,above the pedals & seat., QLD

Unread post by y b normal » February 20th, 2013, 7:05 pm

i don't look for the cheapest, or the big name brand, all i want is descent quality @ a realistic price, regardless of the name on it.
get in, sit down, shut up....& hang on....

simplify... declutter... and go forth with purpose.

smwhiskey
Been here a while

Unread post by smwhiskey » March 18th, 2013, 7:16 pm

smwhiskey wrote:I reckon they're the same unit with a different paint job.....
Just a followup on this...

Got a chance to have a talk to Glenno about this on the weekend at the Brisvegas 4x4 show. Short story - same case, better quality internals in the Roo winch.

Unfortunately most of the detail went in one ear and out the other as my brain was trying to work out how much pain the missus would have inflicted on me had I bought one.

Simon
2003 NP Exceed Pajero with a bit of lift, a large plastic straw to breathe through and hunk of steel on the front with a few bits and pieces hanging off it.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”