Ask a Moderator

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Ask a Moderator

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 14th, 2018, 9:55 pm

Hey sunrk, please send me a PM detailing HOW you've been going about it & WHAT EXACTLY you've been trying to edit in your profile?!

Btw, if it's adding an avatar, please read the earlier posts in this thread about doing that, the problem with avatars is not resolved yet (but at least people can join & post! ;) )
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » April 9th, 2018, 10:34 am

Hi, having trouble loading up pics at the moment. Not sure if user error or website issue.
Pics are the same size as previous ones uploaded and same format if that helps, same PC too :)

Cheers

Tom

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 9th, 2018, 10:56 am

Not sure what the problem is Cuzza, but I'll pass it on to the IT mob! They might contact you direct.... :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Mulder030
Here and there

Unread post by Mulder030 » April 10th, 2018, 7:03 am

G'day,

wanting to clarify if linking my YouTube channel in a post is ok?
I was thinking of starting a 'Members Build' to explain my build but also post a link the video's I have been creating and posting on YouTube to go along with it. Would this be allowed?

Regards
Mulder

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 10th, 2018, 10:19 am

That certainly is allowed, Mulder; just so long as your post tells us what the link is/contains. If it's JUST a link, with no explanation, so that people hafta click on it to work out what's in there, it's not on. Make sense?

Always interested in hearing what people are doing to their 4By's, and pictures really are worth a thousand words!! Even those on YouTube! :thumb:

Mulder030
Here and there

Unread post by Mulder030 » April 10th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Yeah Sounds good, Thanks for your response.

cuzza_wa
Been here a while

Unread post by cuzza_wa » April 16th, 2018, 12:43 pm

Peter Aawen wrote:
April 9th, 2018, 10:56 am
Not sure what the problem is Cuzza, but I'll pass it on to the IT mob! They might contact you direct.... :thumb:
Thanks Peter, tried on microsoft edge as well as google chrome to no avail.
Hope that helps!

:thumb:

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 16th, 2018, 1:03 pm

Thanks Cuzza, it probably will help some! The IT bloke normally 'dedicated' to looking after the Forums is back at work today, after some particularly well warranted time off, but he now has this high on his list of things to address, so with any luck he'll get it sorted soon. It's not that the rest of them don't try or aren't good at what they are meant to do, it's simply more that he is more familiar with all the little idiosyncrasies & foibles of the Forum that take time & sweat to learn - and he's spent more time & sweat on getting this thing working than anyone else! :thumb:

buffer
Avid Poster

Unread post by buffer » June 13th, 2018, 10:14 pm

Hi Team, not sure what you have done but thank you. The issue with accessing the Forum via mobile or ipad seems to have been resolved, I have not been on for a few weeks as my PC broke down and refuses to co-operate, so I thought I would try my mobile and would you know it BAM it works. So now I can access anywhere. One very happy member.
100 series 4.2TD, 2" lift, ARB twin lockers, Safari snorkel, ARB winch bar with brushbars and sidesteps, 12000lb winch, supernova driving lights and custom made aluminium rack with awning, ARB dual rear bar, dual batteries, Airbag assists rear.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » June 16th, 2018, 9:45 am

I'll pass that on Buffer! Thank you, glad it's working for you now. :thumb:

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » July 1st, 2018, 4:19 pm

G'day Peter
Could you ask if the front page have a "lasted post from" and "time and date".
I find I read something then can't remember which section it's in! Most other forums have this and my poor old memory box appreciates the help!
Thanks heaps Peter we do appreciate your tireless work!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 1st, 2018, 8:25 pm

Hi Cbd, I'm not exactly sure what you are after.... does 'New Posts' in the drop down list below Quick Links up the top right of every screen show you what you want to see?? That shows all the posts made on the Forum since you last logged on, in time order, regardless of which section they were posted into.

If that's not it, then check out the main index page (front screen) under the red Section headings; the column on the far right in that red bar - is what you want, where it shows the 'Last Post' - under that is the last post made in each Section, displaying the posters' username, the date, & the time of that post; so you only need to click on the little arrow alongside the applicable username to go straight to the latest post in that Forum section - is that what you are after??

Either of those cover what you want??

cbd
Here and there

Unread post by cbd » July 2nd, 2018, 6:05 pm

G'day peter
sorry to be the bother but I've figured it out. It's just that I mainly use an iPhone to look at the forum so the view is different. I just jumped on the laptop and the view has all the functions that the iPhone is missing.
Now thinking about it, the old forum had a button at the bottom that said "full view" which enabled all the functions. Guess this one doesn't....

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 2nd, 2018, 6:28 pm

No bother cbd, but that explains why I couldn't work out what you were after! Bloody iPhones!! :mad: :sillywink:

So you've got it sorted now? Is there anything you still need to find??

clarken
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by clarken » September 5th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Hi, ive just opened a new account as its been a few years and couldnt get into my old one. I cant find how to set my signature, the link for my profile just seems to refresh whatever page im already on? Ive tried it on both my mobile and pc...

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”