Challenger in Townsville needs help!

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Wrobelos
I'm new, be nice!

Challenger in Townsville needs help!

Unread post by Wrobelos » June 27th, 2018, 11:49 pm

Hi all!
I have a story for you and two questions. 2 months ago we (my fiancee and I) arrived in Cairns. We're from Poland and traveled for last 3 years (mostly on motorbikes), but lately decide to move to Australia. One of our dreams was to own a 4WD (well, mine was, let's be honest ;)), so we gathered 4k and bought Challenger '01 with rooftop tent.

We went to work (and drive) a bit to outback for a month and few days ago, on our way back I noticed huge oil leak. We stopped immediately in Richmond, found help, and tried to clean up the engine to see from where it was leaking. Unfortunately without success. I decided to put Challenger on a road train and send it to Jap Motor in Townsville. After getting there soon I heard from mechanic that crankshaft is completely destroyed and it's not worth to fix the car. Here're my questions:
1. Does anyone here lives in Townsville and could take a look if it's true?
2. Does anyone know where I could find an engine for Challenger '01?

I'm taking all suggestions if you have any,
TIA
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

qbzor
Here and there

Re: Challenger in Townsville needs help!

Unread post by qbzor » June 28th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Fellow offroaders, please - help them, they're good people and just landed in the world of *****.
Without your assistance their mission could be over.
If it's not repairing this car - maybe it could be sold and changed into ZUK or something inexpensive?
Any advises?

hoyks
Avid Poster

Re: Challenger in Townsville needs help!

Unread post by hoyks » June 28th, 2018, 5:41 pm

I'm 3000km away, so not much help.

This forum is a bit quiet these days, so I suggest that you ask on a few others as you might get an answer a bit quicker.

Try https://4x4earth.com/forum/index.php as it has a reasonable following at present.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”