THE TRUTH - WHAT DO 4WD ACCESSORIES REALLY COST?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Justin M
4WD Action Staff

THE TRUTH - WHAT DO 4WD ACCESSORIES REALLY COST?

Unread post by Justin M » August 27th, 2015, 4:54 pm

CONTROVERSIAL – hear from the man who’s making the 4WD industry lower their prices
WE EXPOSE HOW IT’S DONE

Watch the video and check out their low prices online - http://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au

buffer
Avid Poster

Re: THE TRUTH - WHAT DO 4WD ACCESSORIES REALLY COST?

Unread post by buffer » August 27th, 2015, 6:25 pm

Great to see, love the products, just keep an eye on the after sales service as that can ruin and good product. Cheers for the pricing and keeping the bigger companies honest.
100 series 4.2TD, 2" lift, ARB twin lockers, Safari snorkel, ARB winch bar with brushbars and sidesteps, 12000lb winch, supernova driving lights and custom made aluminium rack with awning, ARB dual rear bar, dual batteries, Airbag assists rear.

Rogers Cruiser
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Rogers Cruiser » August 27th, 2015, 7:31 pm

The quality of the products are the same as our competitors?
Well I didnt see any ARB straps and highlift jacks on the recall list lately?

How are you offering low prices?
well thats just a case of importing chinese components rather then designing and manufacturing in Australia.

I have no problem with cheap gear and I think you are doing a good job, but lets keep the makeup of the pig.
'98-'06 - FJ-45 Ute fell over one day and didnt survive
'06-now - HJ-47 Troopy, restored and now daily driver.
'13-now - HJ-47 Ute, Farm fresh rust bucket, needs a restoration. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=152811

now - Off Road Box/Camper Trailer. viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153968&p=1792444#p1792444

Dont listen to me, Ive got an opinion on everything!

Justin M
4WD Action Staff

Unread post by Justin M » August 28th, 2015, 9:24 am

Hi Rogers Cruiser,

I’m glad you think we’re doing a good job.

Regarding your comment “How are you offering low prices? well thats just a case of importing chinese components rather than designing and manufacturing in Australia. “

Which of the much higher priced competitors’ products are made in Australia?

The facts are that very, very few are made here. I know when you do more digging you’ll be shocked at where most of the high priced products come from and how they can justify the prices.

Have a look and compare our awnings, rooftop tents, swags, winches rear drawers, air compressors with other much more expensive versions. We have and I’d be very interested to hear your thoughts once you’ve done that exercise.

Let us know what you find!!!

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » August 30th, 2015, 2:20 pm

Justin, you just switched from "they" to "we". I thought you worked for the mag, not the sponsor. I think declaring an advert to be "TRUTH" is probably a bit rich; it's hardly an expose into the industry.

That said, if you/they can offer me a Challenger Bull Bar, a Challenger 3 inch exhaust, a Challenger rear wheel carrier or anything else designed for my vehicle at any price at all, I'd happily take a look. That is, after I get my recall letter for the snatch strap that you/they included with my subscription.
Tim

2004 Challenger LS Auto. Build-up photo gallery.

Gary_M
Been here a while

Unread post by Gary_M » August 30th, 2015, 2:45 pm

My mate that bought me a strap as a thankyou still hasnt got his recall letter either. I actually rang 4wdSupacentre, explained Im the recipeient of a gift and my mate handnt got a recall letter, gave them my mates name which they found in their system, and still he hasnt got a recall letter.

Theres been a bit of that 'we're not the same', 'we are the same', 'we are the same but arent the same'. Truth is, they arent the same when it suits. Maybe the staff here have little influence, but they are part of the same parent. Whether they are 'meant' to be or not, this forum is used as an arm of the Supacentre to get word out, and staff are obviously compliant in that. But when poo hits the fan, they have limited ability to interact, or those with influence are absent. Must be a one way rift in the time space continuum.

Pajo

Unread post by Pajo » December 18th, 2015, 11:11 am

I know this is a few months late but if you go and look at some of the forums from the U.S. you will see that even the popular brands are using Chinese components in their products. There are many threads on them from people saying that they will never buy a Warn winch as most of their internal components are Chinese.
A HOUSE IS A MANS CASTLE..............WHEN THE WIFE IS OUT.

kcir1962
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by kcir1962 » January 18th, 2016, 4:51 pm

I would never buy from 4wd supacentre again,
there customer service is appalling , i ordered 2 items $1600 in total,
free delivery supposedly and a free camera, well the free delivery was sorted, BUT was told
I was not in the first 10 orders on line to get free camera, after several phone calls and still NO satisfaction
I asked for my money back(still waiting), will keep you posted.

kcir1962
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by kcir1962 » January 27th, 2016, 9:14 am

Just received most of my money back.
Kept $25 for freight.
I will NEVER BUY FROM 4WD SUPA CENTRE AGAIN

Doowrag
Been here a while

Unread post by Doowrag » April 20th, 2016, 1:03 pm

Justin M wrote:CONTROVERSIAL – hear from the man who’s making the 4WD industry lower their prices
WE EXPOSE HOW IT’S DONE
I'd love to hear from him personally. Actually i'd like to hear from anybody at 4wd Supacentre regarding my order please.

Prices are low because they clearly don't pay their after sale service staff very well... Nobody returns calls including the Manager. For over 2 weeks now my roofrack has been somewhere between their Warehouse, a Holding Yard, a Shipping Yard, a whatever other yard you can think of and nobody knows where it is... i currently have 5 staff "looking into it". That in itself shows they don't have a very good system in place otherwise they'd be talking to each other!

I naively assumed that relationship between 4wd Action and 4wd Supacentre meant that the latter was a reputable business but now I am genuinely surprised that 4wd Action associate themselves so closely with this mob... Happy to take the cash but that's where their interest stops.

Brokeasa4x4
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Brokeasa4x4 » March 3rd, 2018, 11:28 pm

If it wasn't for.these guys I wouldn't have half the s*** I do on my 4by cheap Chinese crap or not I think they've opened up the 4wd market to everyone, and even taken the competitors market and forced their prices down. I'll never buy from arb because it's made in China, the same quality just seven times more expensive

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”