Happy new Year and thanks

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Happy new Year and thanks

Unread post by BigDutchy » December 22nd, 2017, 8:00 am

Hello Hello or ho ho ho

I hope you all have a blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Stay safe and see you next year.

I would like to thank Gojeep, jclures and some others. You are the reason that I stick around.
Awesome work and I hope to "catch up" with you next year.

My wife and I will hit the road Dec 27 for a little road trip to the Barrington Tops. If time and weather is Ok we might have a look
at the Snowies as well.

Cheers

V Williamson
Part of the furniture

Re: Happy new Year and thanks

Unread post by V Williamson » December 22nd, 2017, 12:45 pm

Season's greetings, salutations, ummm.... errr... whatever else your supposed to say :lol: The forum is still here with thanks to those who make it so.

I did a scenic road trip to the Snowy earlier this year. I went via Tharwa south of Canberra and followed Boboyan Road and one or two others through to Adaminaby. Rather spectacular scenery around the Namadgi National Park. Went along the highway to Kiandra and went to three mile dam and camped. All to myself, but was it cold! Next morning, went through to Khancoban past Cabramurra, then travelled the Alpine Way. The stop at Scammel's Lookout was the reason for my trip. Great views of the western fall of the Snowys. Went right around to Charlotte Pass and then back to camp at Thredbo Diggings. Next day did the chairlift and walk to the top of Kosciuszko. Then back home via the Monaro highway. Take it a bit slower than I did and of course you will get to see more. A fun trip that I would recommend.

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Re: Happy new Year and thanks

Unread post by BigDutchy » December 22nd, 2017, 4:56 pm

I have done that trip (well very similar) last June/July. Awesome trip but bloody cold alright!
Done the same trip middle summer. Broke down in Talbingo. We met only nice people and
were back on the road within a few days.

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”