Problems with Subscriptions!? Including the digital issues?

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
SaltHorse
Been here a while

Re: Problems with the digital issues?

Unread post by SaltHorse » May 27th, 2015, 6:49 pm

stackner wrote:How do you now download the digital dvd if you have no subscription? there was an option when it started to purchase individual issues (pay as you go) but can not see anything to do with it on the site now. anyhelp would be great.
Give http://www.4wdaction.com.au/digital-mags a try.

Cheers,

Salty
1990 Suzuki Vitara 1.6
2000 Holden Jackaroo 3.0 TD viewtopic.php?f=22&t=135354
2002 Nissan Patrol ZD30 viewtopic.php?f=187&t=145261

stackner
Here and there

Re: Problems with the digital issues?

Unread post by stackner » June 19th, 2015, 12:30 pm

so again. got my digital mag 2 days ago and still do not have the digital dvd. emailed Justin over 24 hours ago and no response. quick to take our money but where are they when stuff keeps not working.

stackner
Here and there

anyone got issue 235?

Unread post by stackner » June 19th, 2015, 12:34 pm

anyone got acces to issue 235 yet? the video not the mag. got an email for access to the mag 2 days ago but still no digital dvd and as usual now there is no response from emailing Justin.

BenSR5lux
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Problems with Subscriptions? Including the digital issue

Unread post by BenSR5lux » October 1st, 2015, 6:29 pm

I wish I read all the issues people are having with the digital side of 4wd Action before I took the plunge. Cant read the magazine online, cant view the dvd online, iPad app does not recognise my subscription (or any issues released after 227) and Zinio app on my Samsung phone is completely different.. Emailed and Facebook messaged Justin and Express Media Group only to be ignored. Very disappointing.

stackner
Here and there

Unread post by stackner » October 1st, 2015, 6:40 pm

BenSR5lux
I hear you mate. I had a subscription and it was always late. some even a week late. emails would go completely ignored for days. I do have to say once Justin got onto my messages he promptly fixed my issue however it all happened again the following issue.

I first jumped on it for the HD videos and the great interactive magazine only to have them change it to a completely non interactive magazine unlike what was advertised and first released.

Now they use zinio the troubles are even worse as you purchase through zinio (single issues now I will never subscribe to 4wd action again) only to never get the video as there seems to be no communication?

The only thing 4wd action seem good at is advertising stuff 24/7 but in no way supporting the paying public.

best of luck mate.

lockedlux91
I'm new, be nice!

Not receiving DVDs from the android app

Unread post by lockedlux91 » October 27th, 2015, 3:27 pm

Any you guy having trouble receiving dvds from the android app? Tried contacting 4wd action in multiple ways and no reply. Its really starting to **** me off. starting to feel like im geting robed.
Gets the job done

lockedlux91
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by lockedlux91 » October 27th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Hmm i see im not the only one . Theres something we got to be able to do . Its robbery what they are doing
Gets the job done

SaltHorse
Been here a while

Unread post by SaltHorse » December 28th, 2015, 9:36 pm

DVD for 244 still not availble for download, issue was released before Christmas. With competitors out there that don't pump you with advertising for cheap products my subscription will probably not be renewed. I've enjoyed the mag and dvds for quite a few years especially the interactive mag.
This has gone, along with the no BS product comparos. I feel that getting involved with pushing their own product was the end of the impartial articles and now it's one big advert.

That's my winge anyway, I've usually really enjoyed the mag and dvd product, just not feeling it anymore.

Cheers,

Salty.
1990 Suzuki Vitara 1.6

stackner
Here and there

Paid for issue 244 can not download it

Unread post by stackner » December 31st, 2015, 5:45 am

firstly to the mods of the site I had a thread on this issue but can not find it so that is the only reason I have made a new thread sorry.

But this has happened to me many times now. the last couple of issues however worked fine but this issue is back to the same problem. paid for it via zinio. and a couple of days later it is still not in my library of digital dvds to download. emails sent to Justin with absolutely no response to the problem. I do not understand why this is still happening and why there is a contact page and details given if no response is given to people when they have an issue.

Is there anther contact other than justin@4wdaction.com.au ?

cheers.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 31st, 2015, 9:43 am

Merged your 'new thread' into the existing one stackner, & sent a PM. I don't think there are any other 'better' contacts than those you already have; generally, all you (& we) can do is persist... :(
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

relaxed_diplomacy
Getting to know the place

Is 4wd Action going Bankrupt?

Unread post by relaxed_diplomacy » August 17th, 2016, 3:55 pm

I recently purchased the digital subscription. I started receiving the digital magazine and DVD's via Zinio, but then the DVD's stopped coming. I have rung 4wd Action about eight times, leaving two messages, and one of those times i reached an operator. I told her the problem and she initially suggested the DVD's i had received were all that i had purchased, but then switched her tune and told me she would sent the one i hadn't received, and the rest should follow when they roll out. I have not received it. I have also sent a message via the website. This started about two weeks ago.

This is the kind of behaviour i have come across in the past from companies that are currently going bankrupt, or will do so shortly.

SaltHorse
Been here a while

Unread post by SaltHorse » October 31st, 2016, 7:09 pm

This happens to me every other issue. I've found the only way to get access to my online DVDs is to send a nice message to the 4WD Action Facebook, the guys there usually pass on my message to the Digital guys and then I get access. They don't check the inbox very often, but when they do it's fixed within a day or so.

Cheers,

Salty
1990 Suzuki Vitara 1.6

bazzaboy
Been here a while

Magazine subscription

Unread post by bazzaboy » December 2nd, 2016, 2:08 pm

What's the caper guys? I take up a subscription offer on the 27th October and haven't received a mag yet. I didn't expect October's issue but I do expect November. I always thought that getting a subscription meant that you received it before it hit the shelves. That's not happening.

Anyone else having the same issue?

I rang EMG only to have some smart arse insinuate that because their cheaper on subscription we shouldn't winge if their late to arrive. Moron.
Not good business, and it might be the last subscription I buy.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Problems with Subscriptions!? Including the digital issu

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 2nd, 2016, 5:05 pm

Merged this into the existing thread & sent you a PM bazzaboy, & for what it's worth, I've forwarded a copy of your post & the email to the staff who are meant to look after this sort of stuff. But I do think the stock answer these days to you & to me (&/or to all of us who are 'users or customers' & not employees!) is that everything takes at least 3 months to get thru to you - it's been like that pretty much since the printing operations went off-shore! :(
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

bazzaboy
Been here a while

Re: Problems with Subscriptions!? Including the digital issu

Unread post by bazzaboy » December 2nd, 2016, 5:50 pm

Thanks Peter.
I understand the issues when various operations go "off-shore" but it is still unacceptable to subscribe to mag and have it on the newsagents shelves weeks before your subscription arrives. You will loose business and customer support if that continues to happen especially with the lax attitude EMG has when their questioned by a customer.
Thanks for your assistance
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”