Ask for/Recommend a 4WD Mech/W-shop - Quick Search

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
GavM
Here and there

service & tune?

Unread post by GavM » January 24th, 2015, 8:50 pm

Gents,
Looking for a good mechanic to give my 97 petrol 80 series a good once over prior to a planned trip. i live in the Moorabbin area in Vic. If anyone could recommend someone i would appreciate it.
i do all my own oil and fluid changes but would like someone with the expertise to look at and do the necessary bits and pieces such as brakes, bearings, tune etc. The things that need the mechanics skills.

Thanks in anticipation :D

Rocky F78
Here and there

Re: Ask for/Recommend a Fourby Mechanic/Workshop Quick Searc

Unread post by Rocky F78 » March 19th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Hey guys, in Western Sydney looking for a good mechanic to give my F78 Rocky a decent service and tune.

Duke1340
Been here a while

4x4 Mechanic Gold Coast

Unread post by Duke1340 » March 20th, 2015, 6:08 am

If you are looking for a good reliable 4x4 mechanic on the Gold Coast, you couldn't go past "Truck Humphries" you can contract him on 0405 921 151.
"Adventure Before Dementia"

06btbandit
Here and there

Unread post by 06btbandit » April 26th, 2015, 10:48 am

Can anyone recommend a good 4wd diesel mechanic around the Bathurst area of NSW?

StumpyB
Here and there

Perth, Deisel Tuning

Unread post by StumpyB » April 26th, 2015, 1:11 pm

Any suggestions on where I can get my 79 series Tuned in Perth or East of Perth.
I'm chasing a bit more grunt, and heaps better economy because 16L/100 doesn't quite cut the mustard.

fourbypete
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by fourbypete » June 18th, 2015, 4:45 pm

Hi all, this is my first post so please be nice.
I own a 2007 Jeep Wrangler unlimited JK CRD. The problem is it won't start. It turns over but won't fire. It spent 4 months in North Wyong and almost $6000 getting it's fuel system cleaned and injection pump replaced with an reconditioned pump. Also, for good measure the glow plugs were replaced. Still wouldn't start. They gave up on it mainly because they were too busy doing hi paying jobs like changing oil and installing diff locks. From there it got towed to Hunter Star or Hunter Prestige Motor Group at Bennets Green where it has been for 2 months. They have replaced the injector pump (again) this time with a brand new one also Starter motor (because the other one had burnt out) and replaced the hi pressure fuel lines and common rail. So far the bill is around $13000 for Hunter Star alone. Are there any good Jeep Diesel mechanics on the Central coast that don't have a 6 month waiting list as I've tried Central coast motor group in Gosford but I can't wait that long as the Rego is due in Sept.
Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Hoss
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Hoss » July 21st, 2015, 8:30 pm

Looking for a wheel alignment place South East side of Brisbane/Redlands area.
My experience over the past 35 years is most tyre places don't care about quality W/A's
The place I was going too I found out via on board camera they were dodgy,
12 mins from drive in to parking it & claimed to have done a "full wheel alignment"
(used a tape measure to set up toe in/out) no camber or anything else.

The geometry of the steering & suspension is a complex, & the give or take is in very small degree's not something that can be done properly on the ground with a tape measure.

Please only suggestions that you have had actual experience with, and been happy with the results, (or where to steer clear of, Bad experiences).

Thank you

Heisenberg
Been here a while

Looking for good 4WD mechanic in Vic Park area

Unread post by Heisenberg » August 10th, 2015, 11:13 pm

Can anyone recommend a good 4WD mechanic in the Vic Park (WA) area? Possibly Welshpool...

4WD Centre in Kew St Welshpool. Anyone used them?

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Re: Looking for good 4WD mechanic in Vic Park area

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » August 11th, 2015, 9:17 pm

I haven't used them, but I have bought spares from them before. They are a wrecker that does mechanical work too.

Robson Bro's 4WD in Welshpool have a good reputation; 3 Kalgan Rd, Welshpool WA 6106 (08) 9358 1441

Aaron
Last edited by Aaron Schubert on August 12th, 2015, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

Heisenberg
Been here a while

Unread post by Heisenberg » August 11th, 2015, 9:20 pm

A god reputation you say? Wow - that's as high as it gets.

But now that you mention it, I have heard of them. I'll look them up. Cheers

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » August 12th, 2015, 7:11 pm

Haha, sorry. Good*

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

ud07
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Ask for/Recommend a 4WD Mech/W-shop - Quick Search

Unread post by ud07 » November 12th, 2015, 1:50 pm

Hi Fellas,

new to Melbourne.. can anyone please recommend good diesel mechanic for my Navara D40 dual cab turbo 2.5l

It is giving me a lot of grief with going into limp mode and having idling issues

I live in Collingwood area.

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers
udit

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 12th, 2015, 2:47 pm

None of the 30 or so 'Melbourne' entries already here in this thread of any help?? :confused:

search.php?keywords=Melbourne&t=9326&sf=msgonly
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

ud07
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by ud07 » November 12th, 2015, 4:00 pm

a lot of them old threads mate.. I am also wondering if there is something closer to where i am in Collingwood. Most suggestions seem to be far out of town.
cheers

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 12th, 2015, 4:27 pm

The results from that search are all posts currently in this thread, altho this thread may have been around for a while - after all, it was created specifically to allow people to put up posts telling everyone else &/or anyone interested or looking about any business/workshop/mechanic that they felt was good enough to recommend - just having been here for a while doesn't necessarily mean the info isn't still good, & regardless, it's going to be somewhere to start, isn't it?! ;)

You could also try typing a few nearby suburb names into the 'search this topic' field up the top of every page in this topic/thread (it might help you find someone nearby, but the only 'Collingwood' entries I found were yours :( ) There are a heap of Melbourne suburbs mentioned, many of them recommending places that have been around for a long time now, and some that are still amongst the most highly recommended workshops you are likely to find. :waycool:

Hope you find someone. :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”