Mick Taylor's Australia Episode 1

The new home for any 4WD related videos!
bourkey2
Getting to know the place

Mick Taylor's Australia Episode 1

Unread post by bourkey2 » June 28th, 2015, 9:33 pm

G'day my fellow 4wd and camping lovers. I love making little amateur videos of our camping trips, but this time we tried something a little different on a trip to Geehi and Keebles Hut in the Kosciusko National Park near Khancoban. Let me introduce you to Mick Taylor's Australia - Episode 1 - Geehi and Keebles Hut.

We have attempted to show the incredible beauty at an amazing Australian camp site that is easily accessible to anyone with a 4wd, show a little bit of the history and have a lot of fun doing it!

So if you can find a spare 8 and a half minutes, please take a look at Episode 1. Feel free to give us your feedback on what you reckon of Mick and his passion for everything we love. Good or bad, your feedback will help us improve for episode 2! If you like it please forward the link to your friends so Mick can achieve world domination!!! Oops I mean so the world can see how amazing our bush camping is and how lucky we are in this incredible country of ours!

Thanks heaps!! Bourkey.

https://youtu.be/tVvvNdFtnpM
Last edited by bourkey2 on December 16th, 2015, 11:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Live Your Life!

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Mick Taylor's Australia Episode 1

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 14th, 2015, 5:37 pm

Certainly showing off some great country!! :thumb:

Buuut, given how long this one's been here & while it's got some views of the thread, not a heap of evidence that too many have watched the 8 minute vid, maybe the shorter length of the 'Mick's Tips' series is a better way to go?! :confused:

Always worth putting a bit of a blurb with the link like you have above tho, good value!! And btw, I'm certain it wasn't a wasted 8 mins, just that I feel many won't even click on something that long unless they are already interested/motivated to watch! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

bourkey2

Unread post by bourkey2 » December 14th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Thanks Peter.

I totally agree with you so I have posted the 1st of Mick's Tips on the forum. Hopefully this will introduce Mick Taylor to many more of our fellow 4WDers and campers and bring a smile to some faces.
Live Your Life!

Aaron Schubert
Need to get out more

Unread post by Aaron Schubert » December 15th, 2015, 7:46 pm

Great video mate; thanks!

Aaron
Looking for somewhere to go 4WDing in WA? Check out WA 4WD Tracks

My 80 Series Landcruiser

bourkey2

Unread post by bourkey2 » December 16th, 2015, 11:41 pm

Thanks heaps Aaron. Hope you got a smile!
Live Your Life!

BennyT50
Avid Poster

Unread post by BennyT50 » December 17th, 2015, 9:54 pm

Aaron,

Loved it. Even though it was 8 minutes, it filled in great time whilst on the throne. The laptop is a great invention for this.

BennyT50.

Peter, no comment from you please. lol.
BennyT50 - BT-50 SDX Dual Cab
Canopy, Bullbar, Tub Liner, ERPS, Snorkel, UHF, Dual battery, Side steps, Towbar, In-car camera.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » December 17th, 2015, 10:59 pm

Errm, ......... No comment! :rolleyes:

:p
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

stockhorse
Need to get out more

Unread post by stockhorse » January 4th, 2016, 2:52 am

Hard task you have set yourself competing with Russell Coight etc.
Not my cup of tea but to each his own.
The quality of the camera work is good, and sound quality is nice a clear.
Try doing a more "mr 4x4" type one, I reckon you would do a good job of it.
Cheers.

nilla60

Unread post by nilla60 » January 4th, 2016, 10:36 am

Top effort! I enjoyed it. :)

Yes, hard yards going up against Russell, but keep at it, that's how they got onto TV (or the big screen).

Worth looking at other home spun TV and looking at it from a production point of view and any hints they give out. For example,Double The Fist had a special feature on how they approached production and stuff. I used to watch Sci-Fi fan films by one guy and eventually (after a number of years) he did a feature film (Iron Sky).

Muckinhell
Need to get out more

Unread post by Muckinhell » January 4th, 2016, 5:13 pm

bit of light hearted fun, dont know about the burn the nylon tent then say "respect the environment". Otherwsie me personally i think there was just as much if not more content then mr 4x4 puts to air in an hour, im also not a fan of driving shots from uptop or the bullbar unless your coming into a nice camp like you did at the hut, there is heaps more you could show then driving shots, also back to back pans (especially left then straight to right) not really a favoroutie either, interspers with cutaways or make smaller pans and more cut aways. Good job though. Few tips from ex tv news cameraman editor of 15 years. ( cutaway is a nice still shot of say a bird in a tree some people camping etc)

bourkey2

Unread post by bourkey2 » January 5th, 2016, 4:23 pm

Hey stockhorse, nilla60 & Muckinhell.

Just got back from holidays so sorry about the late reply.

Thanks heaps for the feedback guys - really honestly appreciated! The whole idea was to show the beauty of the place in a lighthearted way. The feedback is taken on board and as we get better at the editing side of it all hopefully we can make it look more professional, but at this stage it's just a few mates, a Gopro and a Mac. If we can bring a smile to people's faces we have achieved what we set out to do - not enough smiling in this world of ours unfortunately! Your feedback has certainly motivated us more to get episode 2 up and running - make no bones about that!!
Live Your Life!

Return to “4WD Videos”