Ask a Moderator

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Ask a Moderator

Unread post by Peter Aawen » March 24th, 2015, 11:23 am

Flash is generally shown as OFF - it's a default that is set at the system level. :thumb:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » April 5th, 2015, 1:36 pm

just to let you know, every time I click on a link (e.g forum the general chit chat then a topic) I have to "re-authenticate" who I am By basically logging in again then when I go to post a new topic it tells me to log in when I already am logged in, I have logged out and logged back in again and seems to be working now but this is basically what happens when I try to access 4WDA on my phone to.
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=155538&start=15
All done By Automotive Etcellence.

You can go Fast, I can go anywhere

LittleGem
Been here a while

tapa-talk?

Unread post by LittleGem » April 5th, 2015, 1:38 pm

I can't post from my phone to this site :irked: (long story short) and was just wondering who uses tapa-talk and do you have any problems with posting or accessing the 4WDA site with it?
Thanks in Advance Chris.
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 5th, 2015, 1:52 pm

There have been a few threads about (& requests for) tapatalk in the past, here's a quote of the last word we had from the IT blokes about it in one of the earlier threads...
admin wrote:There are many reasons (we can't/won't install tapatalk), of which i won't go into details here. Some have already been mentioned in this thread, or other mobile browsing threads. I will assure you though we have a very thorough understanding of the communities needs and are working towards achieving them - these things just take time as they need to be managed carefully and with everyone in mind not just a small percentage.

If you're interested in hearing more about the reasons why Tapatalk isn't being used, we're happy to have an off-topic discussion with you.
About the re-authenticate thing, drop me a PM when you've got a moment to sit by the Forum & I'll have a go at re-setting everything for you... not sure it will help, but it has solved the problem for some - but sadly, not done schmik for others! :whyme:
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » April 6th, 2015, 3:21 pm

Hey Peter I just tried to PM you to keep you updated but when I went to send it, apparently "the user doesn't exist" and I had clicked on your profile to send the PM... anyways I just jumped on and it did the re-authenticate thing again except this time when I tried to log out to log back in it went to the Roothy "access denied" page about 5 times before it finally let me log out to log back in and that's new so not sure if that's to do with your hard boot or what but just wanted to let you know.

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » April 6th, 2015, 5:15 pm

Thanks for the heads up... it's a bit of a pain I know, & you aren't alone in the repetitive 're-authenticate' thing. I don't think the hard reset thing would've changed anything except maybe for the better, but I've forwarded your details on in the hope that the IT blokes can do something more... :(

Alily
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Alily » April 11th, 2015, 8:49 am

Hi, I'm trying to view the classifieds, cars for sale and keep getting a message, the Apache sour search engine is not available? Is this a temporary thing? Cheers!

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » April 11th, 2015, 9:38 am

Sadly no the classifieds haven't been maintained in a very long time and it doesn't look like they will be anytime soon..

Best bet is to stick with car sales or Gumtree. :(
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

vk1dx
Part of the furniture

Abbreviations on my Contacts page in my Profile

Unread post by vk1dx » May 16th, 2015, 11:25 am

Abbreviations on my contact page.

What do AIM; YIM; and icq on the "Contacts" page in my account.

I finally work out that LOL means Lots Of Luck and not Lots of Love. I did think it strange for blokes to be saying LOL to each other. Well maybe not so strange these days.

Phil

stretch4x4

Unread post by stretch4x4 » May 16th, 2015, 3:38 pm

AIM YIM and ICQ are all chat platforms for instant messaging, although most of those have died in popularity these days.

The most common use of LOL is laugh out loud but it makes some people happier to interpret it in other ways :)

Hope that helps
Image HDJ79R & Traxxas Summit

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 16th, 2015, 3:38 pm

Phil, those fields are for you to enter (if you have them) address/contact details of your Yahoo chat acct (YIM:); AOL chat acct (AIM:); Internet chat (icq:); or your website address (Website:) - apart from a website address, not many here use or at least add the others to their account, but if they are added, they show in your profile & I think in your sig line too. ;)

Snap Stretch! :sillywink:

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » June 20th, 2015, 11:19 pm

hey guys whats the email for the oops section want to send them a few pics of the roll over to see what happens

LittleGem
Been here a while

Unread post by LittleGem » June 20th, 2015, 11:27 pm

disregard oops@4wdaction.com.au ???

DBY
Been here a while

Unread post by DBY » August 30th, 2015, 12:16 am

G'day Moderator
could you please let me know how to delete my user Acc
Thanks

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » August 30th, 2015, 7:36 am

DBY, You can't!

But if you send me a PM requesting that it be closed I can do that.

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”