Problems with Subscriptions!? Including the digital issues?

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
S cruff
Here and there

Re: Problems with the digital issues?

Unread post by S cruff » January 4th, 2015, 6:28 pm

Well its now the 4th and yes I got that email as well for the Zinio change over.

I think it kinda stinks that we payed good money for something that you cant deliver regularly and now with this issue being the last in my digital sub seriously reconsidering weather to actually do it and give my money to Pat Callinan 4x4, or Roothies Low Range .....

LittleGem
Been here a while

Re: zinio movie downloads

Unread post by LittleGem » January 5th, 2015, 6:32 am

For what it's worth it won't let me download the new new issue... the way I see it just another issue problem with the digital copies... Just because they sent me an email, why release the new issue if you can't access it.
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=155538&start=15
All done By Automotive Etcellence.

You can go Fast, I can go anywhere

gronkster
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by gronkster » January 5th, 2015, 8:06 pm

I still had not heard anything from Zinio so I contacted them and they advised that the issue was with the publisher and was not their problem at this stage. By the looks they may still be waiting on the list of users from 4wdaction. Come on guys can't be that hard to get a list of users across to them. Don't think I will bother with a subscription when it is due. My mate who has the print copy already has his and I can buy it from the newsagent already. Very frustrating when you are on holidays and would like nothing more than to sit down and enjoy a magazine.

LittleGem
Been here a while

zinio

Unread post by LittleGem » January 6th, 2015, 7:01 am

Ok so got the email this morning but can notdownload 227,it just won't let me sign up.... has anyone figured out what there supposed to do, the one time it let me sign up I couldn't find 4WDA then it doesn't recognise anything and still won't let me sign up.... so who's had luck?
My rocky build thread with Stainless steel snorkle, 31" tyres, bigger turbo and more...

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=155538&start=15
All done By Automotive Etcellence.

You can go Fast, I can go anywhere

pez
Here and there

Re: zinio

Unread post by pez » January 6th, 2015, 11:06 am

i clicked the link in the email (really, who puts links in emails....) and it took me to a page to sign up and said that i had issue 227 ready to read.

after installing zinio on my tablet and signing in with the same credentials, the magazine is available.

finally

pez
Here and there

Unread post by pez » January 6th, 2015, 6:55 pm

i still haven't worked out where we're meant to be able to download the movies from through. i rang their support people, i guess they are a little busy. after nearly 10 mins the on hold message asked me to leave my number. will try again tomorrow

i sympathise with their i.t. people, looks like it hasn't been the smoothest transition. you get that.

reminds me of what my boss does, promises stuff, sets deadlines and then the rest of us pedal like crazy trying to meet them (while he keeps loading us up with more stuff to see if we can still pedal)

pez
Here and there

Unread post by pez » January 7th, 2015, 7:50 am

the dvd is now available for download where it used to download from. i'm sure i checked there the other day but i could have missed it. anyway, downloading now

SaltHorse
Been here a while

Unread post by SaltHorse » January 7th, 2015, 8:18 am

So the new format absolutly sucks. The page is just a scan of the magazine. All the swipe down, pinch and zoom that was great about the digital copy is gone. All the features they raved about are gone.
The text is too small to easily read and if you press the text button you get bigger text but absolutely no pictures. It's 4WD Action in text only.

I really hope they can restore the old digital format, it flowed so much better and was much easier to read.
Definitely will not pay any more money for this rubbish, I'll go back to the print version if anything.

Cheers,

Salty.
1990 Suzuki Vitara 1.6
2000 Holden Jackaroo 3.0 TD viewtopic.php?f=22&t=135354
2002 Nissan Patrol ZD30 viewtopic.php?f=187&t=145261

kelnic
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by kelnic » January 7th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Salty I agree totally. The new format is absolute crap!!!
Every time I want to read it I have to log out & then log back in.
They had a perfectly great format so why change it. There is no comparison to the old format. Chaulk & cheese

Not happy.

Kelvin

buffer
Avid Poster

Unread post by buffer » January 9th, 2015, 12:34 am

I still remain loyal to the hard copy of the mag, found the digital to hard to follow in the first place and that you could not get it on the PC.
The other Emag's from the competition work fine and are a good read plus they are free.
Maybe if 4wd action follow there format or hardware they may retain the subscriptions they require to remain Number 1.
100 series 4.2TD, 2" lift, ARB twin lockers, Safari snorkel, ARB winch bar with brushbars and sidesteps, 12000lb winch, supernova driving lights and custom made aluminium rack with awning, ARB dual rear bar, dual batteries, Airbag assists rear.

dar_sbb
Been here a while

Unread post by dar_sbb » January 9th, 2015, 11:02 pm

Salthorse and kelnic, I complete agree. The new version on zinio is the worst for teh reason you have stated.

Bring it back to the 4wda app!

Dustmiester
Getting to know the place

Unread post by Dustmiester » January 10th, 2015, 1:28 am

I'm having the same problems everyone else is having and its not bloody good enough. I too have a subscription that runs for a further year. So I have paid for something well in advance that I am simply not getting........again not good enough.

Sent an email to Justin from the mag........no response.......not good enough. Sent an email to Zinio customer care......."no its not our issue, it with the publisher" was the response........not good enough.

Now I have two damn apps on my pad plus had to install more software on my laptop.......I'll be cancelling my subscription and demanding a refund.

Pat Callinan 4X4 is free and not a bad read.......

SaltHorse
Been here a while

Unread post by SaltHorse » January 14th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Did anyone else notice Graham's column in issue 226 and 227 is the same 'What you need and want article'?

I went back to look at 226 to be sure and was again saddened at how much better the 4WD Action app is to read than Zinio.

Cheers,

Salty.
1990 Suzuki Vitara 1.6
2000 Holden Jackaroo 3.0 TD viewtopic.php?f=22&t=135354
2002 Nissan Patrol ZD30 viewtopic.php?f=187&t=145261

Gfazz
Here and there

Unread post by Gfazz » March 20th, 2015, 2:48 pm

Any updates on this fellas?

stackner
Here and there

Unread post by stackner » May 27th, 2015, 10:20 am

How do you now download the digital dvd if you have no subscription? there was an option when it started to purchase individual issues (pay as you go) but can not see anything to do with it on the site now. anyhelp would be great.

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”