Problems with Subscriptions!? Including the digital issues?

Keep up to date with Forum happenings & check out the Forum Rules & Guidelines
stackner
Here and there

Problems with Subscriptions!? Including the digital issues?

Unread post by stackner » August 28th, 2014, 7:58 pm

why is it 9pm and the digital copy of issue 221 is still not online? you can buy the magazine today and subscribers to the hard copy have long had it but a digital subscriber still can not get it??? can not understand the delay or what is going on? wonder why I converted to digital when I would get a hard copy in the mail sometimes over a week before it was on shelves even with aus post delays......

stackner
Here and there

Re: digital issue 221 when is it out?

Unread post by stackner » August 29th, 2014, 7:12 am

So it is now Friday. The day after issue 221 is in stores and still no digital copy? feeling like a valued subscriber.

stackner
Here and there

Unread post by stackner » August 29th, 2014, 10:00 am

Now it is on the android app BUT asking me to pay for it even though I am a subscriber. Also it is still NOT on the website at all to download the video to the pc.

stackner
Here and there

Unread post by stackner » August 29th, 2014, 10:22 am

Now have a placeholder on the website but no content to download..... 10:30am the day after retail stores have the mag/dvd.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Justin M
4WD Action Staff

Unread post by Justin M » August 29th, 2014, 4:19 pm

G'day Mate,

Would you mind sending through an email to myself and I'll help you out - justin@4wdaction.com.au

Cheers,
Justin

stackner
Here and there

Unread post by stackner » August 29th, 2014, 5:44 pm

All fixed everyone. Justin was a GREAT help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stackner
Here and there

Digital issue 222 MISSING

Unread post by stackner » September 18th, 2014, 5:51 pm

5:50pm on the day that issue 222 is in stores and as a digital subscriber I do not have it yet.

a while ago it eventually appeared on the website but only for NEW purchases and is not yet showing for subscribers to download.

this is the third issue in a row that has been delayed for loyal subscribers now. The last issue was delayed until the evening of the following day. Also sent through 3 emails from 10am until now to the email given for help with digital issues (no phone number given) only to have no response at all.

long time subscriber but very unimpressed with both the delays for a paying subscriber and the lack of contact.
Not good enough.

stackner
Here and there

Re: When do the digital issues come out?

Unread post by stackner » September 19th, 2014, 12:38 pm

Friday afternoon now and still no digital issue from Thursday. They know how to treat subscribers well. Why am I paying to get a product late if at all? With no contact from my email yesterday morning (only contact given) yet.

Beware of the digital subscription is all I can say!

S cruff
Here and there

4wd action digital issue

Unread post by S cruff » September 21st, 2014, 1:23 pm

Howdy all,

The other day I d/l the latest issue and read a few pages of it, then that night I updated my ipad to the new ios 8. After that i cant get my 4wd action app to open.

It starts to open, get the splash screen then back to desktop.

anyone else having issues or any ideas?

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Re: Problems with the digital issues?

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » September 26th, 2014, 11:39 am

Yeah, I have the same problem... under iOS8 the app opens and quits immediately. I've emailed Justin a few days ago, but no response as yet. I'm also concerned that there's no mention on the App Store that the app is incompatible with iOS8, which is going to give new users a nasty surprise.

iOS8 has been available to developers for months. I'm surprised that the app hasn't been thoroughly tested on the new OS already.
Tim

2004 Challenger LS Auto. Build-up photo gallery.

S cruff
Here and there

Unread post by S cruff » September 28th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Well im still having same issue, glad to see im not the only one

deleted the app and reinstalled it and had to d/l all my issuses again, got a couple down and it crashed to desktop. had to delete it and start again thou this time only issue 222 downloaded. reading the issue with no problems until this morning when I opened it to finish reading the last of it and the problem was back, crash to desktop.

sigh

can anyone suggest fix

stackner
Here and there

NO digital issue yet again!

Unread post by stackner » January 1st, 2015, 10:04 am

again it is the day of release and 11am and still no digital issue. every single issue I ask myself why am I a digital subscriber paying in advance to get it after everyone else has hard copies days before me?

Come on 4wdaction it is 11am on the day and still ZERO?

Love to see the reason this time and don't tell me new years day as this stuff should be automated like everything else online. Not the way to be keeping customers. Speaking for myself once this subscription runs out I will not be renewing.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Re: NO digital issue yet again!

Unread post by chris_stoffa » January 1st, 2015, 3:31 pm

have a read of the T & C.

http://subs.emgcloud.net/terms/

Then contact them for correction as per their request in Section 4.6 or online cancel the subscription under the provisions of the terms of termination ( section 6.)

Also contact your bank and ensure the direct xfer is cancelled

6. Termination

6.1 The license for a digital magazine is effective until terminated by you or EMG.
6.2 If you close your account you will no longer have access to your Digitable Licenced Magazines and your licence/s will cease.
6.3 If you delete your EMG magazine app you will no longer be able to view the digital magazines. You will still be able to access all your Digitable Licenced Magazines in your account and download them again to an EMG magazine app. All digital magazines licenced by you can only be viewed by the EMG magazine app.
6.4 Your rights under this Agreement may terminate automatically without notice from EMG if you fail to comply with any term(s) of this Agreement or the terms of any corresponding subscription agreement in respect of magazines accessed through the Website or the EMG magazine app including but not limited to you breaching clause 7.2 below.
6.5 You may cancel a digital magazine subscription at any time by accessing your account and ticking the cancellation button. You will still have access to all your previous Digitable Licenced Magazines unless 6.2, 6.3 or 6.4 apply.
6.6 Subject to 6.4 above you will be able to view your DVD in perpetuity as long as you or any third party does not delete it after you download it.
6.7 In the event that you make more than 5 downloads of the same DVD your account will be suspended and investigated. EMG will have the sole discretion as to whether it terminates your account in accordance with 6.4 above or allows you to continue with your account.
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

SaltHorse
Been here a while

Unread post by SaltHorse » January 2nd, 2015, 6:23 pm

So after 2 days of waiting for issue 227 to appear in the digital app I get this email:

2015 is gearing up to be our biggest year ever at Australian 4WD Action. As a valued digital subscriber, we have some very exciting news for you.

From Issue 227 (January 1st) we are changing over to a new software platform, which will offer you many additional features.

We’ve started publishing our digital magazines on the world-wide Zinio platform, which is great news for you!

Now you have access to all of Zinio’s benefits that include:

Compatibility across ALL platforms. Get your 4WD Action fix on Apple or Android smartphone, tablet or computer!
Quicker download times and less data usage.
Easier-to-use software so accessing your next issue is a simple as can be.
Even better subscription deals to ensure your favourite digital magazine and DVD remains cheaper than ever!
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
You will receive an email from Zinio of how to get your new copy of 4WD Action Digital. This will give you the appropriate information and links you need to get the new and approved 4WD Action digital.

The current 4WD Action digital magazines and DVDs that you currently have will still be available through your library at http://www.4wdaction.com.au/digital-mags

So the big announcement come out after the launch date and the platform are yet to launch 4WDA. This means I need to run two apps to keep my mags and get the new ones.
I would have thought that you'd announce a platform change after a release date, at least that would give you three weeks for the transition before an issue is late. In the meantime, if I want to read 227 whilst I'm on holidays I'd have to purchase a copy from the store as it seems my digital subscription isn't bearing fruit. I was about to purchase an additional 20 issue subscription, but as I was waiting for 4WD Action to release, I started looking at Low Rage and Unsealed 4x4. I wonder if I should continue paying for something I now haven't got, when there's quite good reading for free. I think I will let this subscription have its run and leave it at that.

Has anyone had any luck with Zinio?

Cheers,

Salty
1990 Suzuki Vitara 1.6
2000 Holden Jackaroo 3.0 TD viewtopic.php?f=22&t=135354
2002 Nissan Patrol ZD30 viewtopic.php?f=187&t=145261

pez
Here and there

zinio movie downloads

Unread post by pez » January 3rd, 2015, 4:56 pm

anyone used the new method of getting the movies via zinio yet?

i got an email yesterday saying that from jan 1st, issue 227, they'd be coming out via zinio, and i'd get an email from zinio telling me all about it. i haven't gotten the email from zinio yet, maybe things are a bit crazy with the changeover but customer service is closed until monday so i can't find out if things are held up, or my subscription has expired etc...

so just curious if anyone has been notified by zinio and gotten the latest issue

regards
andrew

Return to “Forum Rules, Guidelines, News, and Updates”