Track Closures - tell us where you have been locked out of.

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
4X4 lover
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Track Closures - tell us where you have been locked out

Unread post by 4X4 lover » May 15th, 2014, 2:50 pm

v6hilux wrote:I know this thread is a "sticky", but it's too big to read to find relevant info on where I might want to go.

Can a whole new Forum Category be created with sub categories for each state - EG, NSW Northern, NSW Eastern, VIC Central, etc?
I agree!!!
4wd,fish,sleep, repeat

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 15th, 2014, 3:20 pm

I'll certainly pass that on, but be aware that it is extremely unlikely we will get any more sub sections than we have already without giving up some; so you might want to consider what sections everyone would hafta give up to get those new sections, & if the benefit outweighs the cost.

However, you should also look to the top of the each page in this thread; there is a link there for the 'search this topic' option - it's alongside the Post Reply button under the Thread title bar - if you type 'NSW' or 'Northern NSW' or something similar in there & hit search, it will bring back all the posts in the thread with those keywords in them - OR you can go to Advanced Search, type in your keywords/region, click on the sub sections of the Forum you wish to restrict your search to, and hit submit - altho I'd normally suggest that you display the results of any advanced search as topics rather than individual posts, cos there will probably be a whole lot of them!! That might not work if you are after searching just one thread.... And of course you can still use Google or any other search engine too, just enter your keywords and add '4WD Action' after them, or put in 'www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/' along with the keywords - there's a whole heap of search options out there that can help fine tune what you get back, you don't necessarily HAVE to read the entire thread just to get the info you are after! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

v6hilux
Part of the furniture

Unread post by v6hilux » May 16th, 2014, 7:54 am

OK, then how about Stickies then?;
"Track closures and Updates in NSW"
"Track closures and Updates in VIC"
Etc.

hulsty
Part of the furniture

Unread post by hulsty » June 11th, 2014, 10:05 am

Anyone know about the rumour of Deep creek 1 in Walhalla VIC been closed soon permanently ?

v6hilux
Part of the furniture

Unread post by v6hilux » June 11th, 2014, 1:31 pm

Yes Hulsty, we all know about the rumor now. lol

Best you talk to the Police, Council or Owner for, if any, the enforcement plans they have coming.

jarkel
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by jarkel » June 12th, 2014, 6:30 pm

Most tracks into Jarrahdale state forest near Perth off the Brookton Hwy, we found a track in but after several hours of awesome driving and receiving a message that our sone had been hurt 600kms away every track we found to get out was gated and locked absolutely ridiculous.

Clarkey16
Been here a while

Mt Walker Lithgow NSW

Unread post by Clarkey16 » June 18th, 2014, 7:19 pm

P6180068 (1280x960).jpg
Hi everyone I have some bad news for Sydney/NSW 4wder's.
The roads inside Marrangaroo National Park are currently being Graded to an all wheel drive standard, the first lower rocky section (the original rd) up Mt Walker has been blocked off, fortunately the climb to the summit is unchanged for now.

There is now a locked gate in place Lithgow side of Mt walker stopping vehicle access/entry through the private property bordering the park.

I personally find this upsetting as my family originally owned that farm that borders the park. In fact back then our 11,000 acre property consisted of 300 freehold acres & 900 acre 99 year lease which included MT Walker.

When my father sold of the majority of farm he had no use for the lease & handed it back to the then Department of lands with assurances that it would be made a state forest, the years roll by & low & behold its now a National Park & the first gate is now in place.
I am kicking myself as I could have had the lease put in my name, all I had to do was pay the $5000 back rates & the annual $200 lease payment :eek:
Hindsight is a wonderful thing but at the time I couldn't afford the $$ :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yes I did! Built with spanners not chop sticks!

drunkn_snail
Here and there

Unread post by drunkn_snail » July 24th, 2014, 7:40 pm

hulsty wrote:Anyone know about the rumour of Deep creek 1 in Walhalla VIC been closed soon permanently ?

what?! no thats a great track, it would suck if it got closed
93' Nissan Skyline
95' LN106 Toyota Hilux
90' LN106 Toyota Hilux
02' GU Nissan Patrol Ute

Awesome LN106 Hilux Build Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=154148

BBvid
Here and there

Unread post by BBvid » August 3rd, 2014, 4:49 pm

The Mt Warrawolong track in the Watagan State Forest is also gated at both ends now.

Jace88
Here and there

Unread post by Jace88 » November 26th, 2014, 1:51 am

Ive been told that the gate to Dalbeg weir in qld has been locked. Witch is a shame because it was a great spot nice and close to townsville

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » November 27th, 2014, 10:56 am

Hey everybody, please try to give all of us reading enough info to work out exactly which track/where you are talking about, cos not everybody knows them all! Even if you don't use the template Rick put up in the Original Post (see below) that is the sort of info that'd be good to have. Thanks ;)
Rick wrote:...
Post up your experiences with restrictions, and be sure to tell us where, and what the restriction is, just like the examples below.

CAMPSITE: Wheeny Creek
WHERE: Wollemi NP, NSW
RESTRICTION: Bollards that prevent vehicle access to campsites

TRACK: Jacksons Lane
STATE & REGION: Yellomundee Regional Park, NSW
RESTRICTION: Tracks gated to prevent vehicle access
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

andrewm
Been here a while

Unread post by andrewm » December 1st, 2014, 12:38 pm

Date: 2014-11-30

TRACK: Red Hill Fire Trail/ Red Hill Fire Track
STATE & REGION:NSW Morton National Park
RESTRICTION: Locked Gate

Track 1 - Around Meryla
http://www.boilingbilly.net.au/book/978 ... iral-Bound

-- Andrew

kiran92
Been here a while

Unread post by kiran92 » February 18th, 2015, 5:11 pm

Mundaring State Forest:
Near Mundairing Weir in Perth Western Australia:

Headed up to Mt Dale with a mate last weekend... kept finding DRA (dieback Restriction Area) signs everwhere we went.
Obviously dieback is a bigger enemy than anything we could do in a 4WD so we didn't go in.
Contacted the local DPAW office
Received the following (very poor quality) maps:
DRA Perth Hills District.jpg
DRA full extent.jpg
and reply

The only roads that may be travelled in the Perth Hills district that pass through DRA without a permit are, Ashendon, Dale, Yarrah and major arterial routes.
There are some roads that lead to private property that may only be used to access those properties.
All utility lines, fire lines and other old forest road and train tracks not officially mapped are not permitted to be used.
The power line that constitutes the northern boundary of the DRA is sanctioned as an off road adventure track, it runs between Sawyers Valley and The Lakes.
Any mapped forest track that is currently trafficable may be travelled on with a licenced operator and vehicle.

Hope this of some help to those of you in WA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I work for my weekends... and damn it, I WILL enjoy them

Steele1987
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Steele1987 » June 24th, 2015, 12:41 pm

kiran92

so what does this mean? you're not allowed in these areas? thats half of the south west of WA.

Eleve
Here and there

Unread post by Eleve » July 9th, 2015, 10:11 am

Unfortunately most of North Straddie has been closed off by gates. Some of the awesome hill climbs are all but a distant memory.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”