Ask for/Recommend a 4WD Mech/W-shop - Quick Search

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
XROSSLuX
I'm new, be nice!

Melbourne, custom tray builder's?

Unread post by XROSSLuX » May 7th, 2014, 8:32 pm

hey,

i am looking for a custom tray builder to make me a tray for my ln106 single cab hilux if you know of a good person or company let me know
95 Hilux project ongoing

mydmax
Need to get out more

Re: Melbourne, custom tray builder's?

Unread post by mydmax » May 7th, 2014, 8:38 pm

In Bendigo, there is Bute Trays, they make a large variety of trays to suit popular vehicles.
They would be worth a check and see if what they offer suits or is easily made to order for you.

BUTE TRAYS & ACCESSORIES
19 - 21 Allen St Epsom 03 54488285

FredFrothen
Here and there

Recommended Body Lift Mechanics in QLD

Unread post by FredFrothen » May 11th, 2014, 10:11 pm

Can anyone recommend a mob that do decent body lift services?
I'm not after it mod plated, just installed. Where they do a thorough job ie extending brake lines, handbrake cable, radiator shroud, gear selecter, steering all of that stuff

And if anyone has had it done a rough price?

Thanks

12HT 61
Getting to know the place

Mechanic suggestions in Brisbane

Unread post by 12HT 61 » May 15th, 2014, 6:55 am

Hi there Guys and Girls,

I am having some clutch dramas in the old girl and was wondering if there are any suggestions of where to take it?

It is still drive able (just) and am wanting to get it fixed before it becomes a tow truck case. I would have a crack myself but just don't have the equipment to be dealing with the weight and size of the gearbox/transfer case.

I am on the north side in Brisbane although any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Oigle
Avid Poster

Re: Melbourne, custom tray builder's?

Unread post by Oigle » May 17th, 2014, 1:48 am

Hello XROSSLux
Try this company. They are a Triple M distributor and they also do custom work.
Smart Fleet
Factory 2/25 Lentini St
Hoppers Crossing
Ph 03 83609805
sales@smartfleet.com.au
www.smartfleet.com.au
Cheers
Oigle

shambles
Been here a while

Re: Recommend anyone in Western Melb for custom fabrications

Unread post by shambles » May 18th, 2014, 11:05 am

jacnden
http://www.raslarr.com.au/ out east, my sliders and brush bars made by them pretty happy

muffins
Been here a while

Know a mechanic in Syd for NSW Blue Slip?

Unread post by muffins » August 8th, 2014, 7:24 pm

I'm looking at buying a 4wd from interstate that has some light modifications and will need a blue slip to have it registered back here in NSW. Does anyone know a mechanic in Sydney who would help me out to get the blue slip, even with some mods? I'm in North Sydney but willing to travel! Reply or PM me! Thanks!

typhoeus
Need to get out more

Re: Know a mechanic in Syd for NSW Blue Slip?

Unread post by typhoeus » August 9th, 2014, 9:51 pm

Hi Muffins,
this site will help you.
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/index ... ation.form

put in your postcode and you will get a list of authorised inspection stations nearby

SamT78
Been here a while

Re: any good 4wd mechanics/diesel mechanics in melbourne?

Unread post by SamT78 » August 12th, 2014, 4:49 am

Hey there people, I'd like to revisit this topic after 3 years. I'm in need of a mechanic in Melbourne's SE suburbs (or anywhere if I have to travel further). I live in Frankston but can travel. I recently bought a 1984 Landcruiser HJ60 repaired a small amount of rust and resprayed it. Now it's time for a roadworthy certificate so I can actually drive the thing! I need a mechanic that can do RWC inspection. I'd like a mechanic that knows diesels, knows 4wds, is honest, is reasonably priced and willing to help me get this 4WD registered.

For some reason I feel very anxious about this, as I have put alot of time and effort into my 60, and would be absolutely devastated if it wasn't able to be registered. I'm not asking for a bodgy roadworthy certificate, just somebody who will give me a fair go (I guess it could be my anxiety telling me "they'll never register your car" but it's certainly hurting at the moment)

SamT78
Been here a while

Re: any good 4wd mechanics/diesel mechanics in melbourne?

Unread post by SamT78 » August 12th, 2014, 4:51 am

I've also used Ray at Turbo Engineering (and will be going back there soon), and I used Smithy's Outback with one of my old 4WD's- nice guy, great work!

scruffy 01
Here and there

Northside Wrecker

Unread post by scruffy 01 » August 12th, 2014, 8:46 pm

Hi, just wondering if there are any Colorado wreckers preferably northside Brisbane. After a few trim bits at the moment. Thanks, Bob.
Travelling around Australia enjoying retirement

dirtyhilux

NJ 1996 Requires a good mechanic in Perth

Unread post by dirtyhilux » September 10th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Gday All

Im putting the feelers out for a good mechanic in perth that can recondition a rear diff, change a timing belt and water pump... and will fix other things when he finds them rather than ignoring it!

Phill

WD21
Part of the furniture

Re: NJ 1996 Requires a good mechanic in Perth

Unread post by WD21 » September 11th, 2014, 3:09 am

Just about any mechanic should be able to do the timing belt and water pump. :confused:

For the rear diff, take it to WA Diff Centre in O'Connor.
Excellent service, and cheaper than other shops as they have all the fiddly bits on hand.
New Terrano build!
Nismo, Eaton, Bilstein, Moog, Recaro, Superior Engineering, King Springs and more...

kbad
Been here a while

Re: NJ 1996 Requires a good mechanic in Perth

Unread post by kbad » September 11th, 2014, 10:28 am

Agree about the diff http://www.wadiff.com.au as for the mechanic if south of the river Coastal Mobile Mechanics while i haven't used him my neighbour has and swears by him.

ShonEPFC

mitsubishi or diesel mechanic victoria?

Unread post by ShonEPFC » October 28th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Hei guys, im about to purchase 2006 GLXR 3.2Diesel with 160k on the clock, was thinking of taking it to a mechanic for a quick check before i buy it but i dont know any that specialize in diesels,mitsubishis or...

So does anyone know anyone in S/E melbourne that could check the car, hooking it up on the computer would be perfect, i dont mind paying extra for it just to avoid buying something thats :(...

Also any suggestions with what to look for myself are appriciated.. The car itself looks fine, test drove it and nothing i could notice. Only things are that a friend said there was a bit of white smoke from the exhaust when taking of, and also in the books last service was done 50k ago at 110 000. Guess he did it till the warranty expired and later serviced it somwhere else. Checked the oil its a kind black so guess its been due to service just no idea when was the last one...

thanks

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”