Track Closures - tell us where you have been locked out of.

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Chaz
Here and there

Re: Track Closures - tell us where you have been locked out

Unread post by Chaz » February 24th, 2013, 6:25 pm

4x4fightback wrote:peaceful civil disobedience is what yields results.
Sometimes those results are an increase in lock outs. Not long ago, Logan council in SEQ banned all 4WDs and trail bikes from the Spring Mountain conservation park. The bans were totally ignored and all the signs vandalised. Result, a larger area closed off and serious barriers installed. The response from the 4WD community was to hook several vehicles at a time to the gates and rip them out of the ground; over $100k damage in one weekend. Logan and Ipswich council are now working together to lock out a huge area in an attempt to keep all the fools out of the area. Current plans are to declare a huge area extending roughly from the back of Beaudesert to Boonah to Ipswich as conservation and keep all 4WD activities confined to private 4WD parks. No use whining, the fools have stuffed it for all.

Chaz

gunk
Avid Poster

Unread post by gunk » March 8th, 2013, 12:56 pm

So what has happened to the Don't Lock up Australia campaign?

It seems to have fizzled out with no updates on the website this year, very few updates from last year and the facebook page is getting spammed. There are also hardly any track closures listed which is odd considering how many locked gates I come across.

russ4o
Getting to know the place

Unread post by russ4o » March 11th, 2013, 8:16 pm

hey all, im from cairns fnq does anyone know if the creb track is closed permanently after people were air lifted out?
shorty 40, 37 micky t's on mickey rims, disc brake conversion, air compressor and under cab tank, 6 point roll cage, arb bar, arb lockers front&rear, 2in body 2in suspension lifts, 2in shackles, 304 v8, soft top, gme cb, fab'd stainless snorkel, extractor

Ricky
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Ricky » April 1st, 2013, 6:16 pm

Farm track north of dargo is now closed. It runs off the upper dargo road.

dacamshaft
Here and there

Unread post by dacamshaft » April 29th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Monga National Park (off Kings Hwy between Batemans Bay & Braidwood South Coast NSW) - what a joke!

Allllll wilderness tracks have locked gates, River Road beyond the Monga property is closed - did not see one sign that provided any form of warning of road or track closures. You can access Boundary Fire Trail from the south where Gollarribee Fire Trail commences (also closed), however you have to return the same way as there is no other way out at a track junction at the end of the track due to another locked gate to the right and a massive tree down to the left. Some great 4wd country up there, if only you could drive it.

Forests NSW stands for lazy fun sucking space wasters. Seriously, what do they do?

Yappa
Avid Poster

Unread post by Yappa » April 29th, 2013, 10:19 pm

This one way in one way out mentality is crap!!!! What happens if there is a fire & people that are using the one track that's available get caught? As a bush firefighter, I know that gates just slow down response times & hinder escape routes!
Over the beaurecratic ******* that we as Australians are having forced upon us. Why can't we have the right to show our children the spectacular country that is our home.....GRRRRRRR I could go on & on!!!!

yobbo112
Been here a while

Unread post by yobbo112 » May 18th, 2013, 11:55 pm

Sucks to be the bearer of bad news but its time to add another track to this ever growing list.....
Jellore Powerline climb has been gated/ blocked off....
It's getting beyond the joke!!!!
Come on Rooth now is not the time to post pone this mate,
We are loosing tracks weekly and I don't know what I (a simpleton)
Can do about it......
Don't Lock Up Australia!!!!!!

yobbo112
Been here a while

Unread post by yobbo112 » May 21st, 2013, 8:38 pm

Wow what a crap weekend, can add mt airlie and watagans creek rd now........ :mad: :mad: :mad:

Found a new spot this weekend and lost 3, s#@t go huh........

pbk1776
Been here a while

Unread post by pbk1776 » May 21st, 2013, 8:49 pm

Wow 2 tracks in a shirt time

yobbo112
Been here a while

Unread post by yobbo112 » May 21st, 2013, 9:21 pm

good news airlie should be only temprary again, was to slippery according to col and there is a load of basalt, waiting to get taken up and patch up some track for the drill rig to get back up the track

gunk
Avid Poster

Unread post by gunk » June 19th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Yappa wrote:This one way in one way out mentality is crap!!!! What happens if there is a fire & people that are using the one track that's available get caught? As a bush firefighter, I know that gates just slow down response times & hinder escape routes!
Over the beaurecratic ******* that we as Australians are having forced upon us. Why can't we have the right to show our children the spectacular country that is our home.....GRRRRRRR I could go on & on!!!!
If there was a locked gate and any kind of danger behind me I'd drive right through the gate or fence if I had to.

TroopiePete
Need to get out more

Unread post by TroopiePete » June 21st, 2013, 3:31 am

Chaz

I have recently been "Legally" driving through this area as part of the Spring Mountain Horse Endurance ride, our 4WD & Ham Radio Clubs were providing manned Radio check points for the ride as we do each year..
Anyway I fail to see why the Logan shire is so hell bent on locking the area out, they allow Horses to travel through so why not 4WD's if not in controlled groups! The Motor Bikes still run wild with only the odd Police Patrol in restricted areas!
I have been meaning to follow this up but not sure who I should speak to.
I realise the idiots are wrecking it for us and I guess that will never change but if enough people from an area push for change then it may eventually happen!
Back before Logan took over much of that area it was a fantastic place to head bush for the day, now there is basically no where close to Brisbane you can go without paying for the privilege!!
Peter Richens - VK4FSD
HF Radio club - 4115
River City 4WD Club - President 2010 - 2014 http://www.rivercity4wdclub.net

Roothy

Unread post by Roothy » June 21st, 2013, 2:14 pm

G'day all, just got back on deck after a Cape dvd trip - I sat in on a meeting up there about the future of the Cape which is in big danger of getting divided up between the new mining operations and the Wilderness Society with no room left for 'tourism' as 4wding is called in FNQ. But there's plenty of buttons to push yet so no real announcements.
As to DLUA yes, you're right, it stalled after all the problems I faced trying to run another Stockton Rally. I'm in the process of rearranging everything with a not-for-profit company, a management board and members - hopefully you folks! - so we can take it to the next stage. It's my fault, I screwed up. I figured sheer force of numbers would win this fight but the fact is you have to be organised and be funded to put any pressure on government. That's taking some time but it will be happening! Meanwhile there's a 4wd Muster in Cessnock 20-22nd September that is raising money for the cause and I hope to have some announcements to make then too.
Hang in, and stay interested. If we loose our tracks we loose our country.

RODEODAVE
Been here a while

Unread post by RODEODAVE » July 9th, 2013, 7:23 pm

Drove the 6 foot track on sunday meet a female walker /hiker down on coxs river who claimed she was the owner of the coxs river lodge ... said she was in negotations with national parks to have the area gated to stop access to all vechiles , dont know if she was just banging her drum or serious about this but it would be a shame to loosse access to this area, as it is a great spot too take the family for a day trip.

rumpig
Need to get out more

Unread post by rumpig » August 5th, 2013, 7:35 pm

it's not a track closure as such but....got an email from Cheryl and Fenn out at Cameron corner yesterday, and in that was mention the yellow bus located just down the road is now gone. it was removed by the property owner who was sick of people ignoring the No Camping signs and leaving the place looking like a rubbish tip.
thanks to the lowlifes who leave crap everywhere when they go away somewhere, another tourist spot no longer exists...good one ya grubs :rolleyes: :rolleyes: atleast i got the opportunity to take my family there a few years back and get some photographs of both the bus and my family at it. yes it was only an old bus in the grand scheme of things, but that's not the point now is it.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”