Are Roo Systems winches re-badged Tigerz11 winches?

Anything and everything in the world of 4WDing & Fourby's; if it's 4WD related & not covered by a specific section elsewhere, then put it in here!
Bevan'n'Katie
Avid Poster

Re: Are Roo Systems winches re-badged Tigerz11 winches?

Unread post by Bevan'n'Katie » March 19th, 2013, 9:54 am

good that you chased it up, be good if he could have a spill on here about it.

about the 100k a year jobs, i am lucky to be on something like that, but i dont wanna spend my money on a $2500 warn so i got a 9000lb tigerz11 for $800 and its a peice of poo. pulled a bloke out of nolans brook and hasnt worked since. might just be the solanoid, but my old tjm went under water alot in the wet season's and still worked fine every time i used it. never need to fix anything on it, was always there and always worked.

Snapcatcher
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Snapcatcher » March 19th, 2013, 10:51 am

The problem is that these companies promote their products as being top quality, equal to or better than well known manufacturers. How's it go, 'our quality isn't lower, just our prices'
2005 Nissan Patrol 4.8, Sahara bar, Runva winch, 2' lift on 33' KM2s

Written off - NM Pajero on 33's and some other good bits
Build thread - http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=79366

99problems
Here and there

Unread post by 99problems » March 19th, 2013, 11:16 am

smwhiskey

Would of been good to hear about the "detail".

All the generic chinese winches are much of a muchness.

You may as well just jump on ebay and buy the cheapest no name one you can find.

99problems
Here and there

Unread post by 99problems » March 19th, 2013, 11:21 am

I noticed at the 4wd show over the weekend, Powerful 4x4 had old mate out the front spruiking.

"very good quality straps for sale"

"very cheap prices"

Was like a 4X4 fruit shop.

Bevan'n'Katie
Avid Poster

Unread post by Bevan'n'Katie » March 19th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Snapcatcher

thats exactly what iv been trying to say, but you said it better and in less words

smwhiskey
Been here a while

Unread post by smwhiskey » March 19th, 2013, 6:56 pm

99problems
Yeah sorry. Best I can say is that it make a lot of sense at the time :redface:

Here's my perspective. I did have a look at the one on the front of Glenno's truck and (from memory) it was a Roo Systems winch which certainly wasn't a brand new one slotted in for the show. We see the DVDs and we see the winch getting well used. I havn't seen the same kind of public exposure with a TIgerz11 winch.

But I've also been exposed to the smoke and mirrors that is TV and know that what we see on the DVD may not be a true representation of what really happens out on the tracks.

So you either believe that Glenno product tests while out filming the DVDs and then only sells decent stuff or you believe that its all complete rubbish and none of it is worth buying.
2003 NP Exceed Pajero with a bit of lift, a large plastic straw to breathe through and hunk of steel on the front with a few bits and pieces hanging off it.

gqjay
Part of the furniture

Unread post by gqjay » March 20th, 2013, 5:02 pm

looks like BCF is shopping from the Same factory in china as Roo,tigerz and super cheap as they are selling winches now.

Good fun for these companies, nothing like a bit of competition.

99problems
Here and there

Unread post by 99problems » March 20th, 2013, 5:32 pm

I'd take the DVD's as a bit of light entertainment not any sort of indication of the quality of any products specially with advertising $$ involved and also the financial interest of the magazine in products i.e express owning part of tigerz11 etc.

Petes 80
Been here a while

Unread post by Petes 80 » March 20th, 2013, 8:46 pm

It's quite funny listening to some of these comments and people swear by there warn winch.

The old warns are great but the new warns are using mostly chinese internals in the winch and the control box

So they are not what they used to be, but they are still ripping people off with the rediculous prices they are charging.

I was told this by a warn distributor who has done it for years.

There is a big difference between the tigerz winch and the roo's version when you have the internals sitting side by side.

Of the cheaper ones I would either buy Roo's or the ironman unit

cheers

pete

Snapcatcher
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Snapcatcher » March 21st, 2013, 7:51 am

Can't see anyone swearing by Warn winches in this thread, only one bloke saying he considered one but was turned off by price.
2005 Nissan Patrol 4.8, Sahara bar, Runva winch, 2' lift on 33' KM2s

Written off - NM Pajero on 33's and some other good bits
Build thread - http://www.4wdaction.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=79366

just driftin
Here and there

Unread post by just driftin » March 21st, 2013, 9:01 pm

You know something, I just sit back and laugh to myself when I read all these threads rubbishing products from China. How long ago was it when everyone used to bag gear that was made in Japan, what was the saying everyone used - jap crap? Now anything made in Japan is classified as being top quality. Don't get me wrong here, I say yes, there are currently quality issues but you can see where there are quality control measures being put in place and the quality in some products improving. Give it time and I believe that it will not be long before the quality of goods manufactured in China will start improving even more and become more appealing for those [like me] on a tight budget.

Anyway that is my 2 cents worth [aussie made!!]

Cheers,
Just Driftin

Petes 80
Been here a while

Unread post by Petes 80 » March 22nd, 2013, 7:13 am

Snapcatcher wrote:Can't see anyone swearing by Warn winches in this thread, only one bloke saying he considered one but was turned off by price.
:D I worded that wrong didn't I :lol: :lol:

I didn't mean this thread, I meant people in general that swear by there warn. The older ones yes but the new ones are no where near as strong, my bad :urgh: :urgh: :urgh:

I agree with you Just Driftin, the quality is definitely improving out of china. And just like manufacturers in Australia, there are good ones and there are ones that are below par

cheers

Pete

brando4B
Here and there

Unread post by brando4B » March 25th, 2013, 7:40 pm

The winches look the same to me have a look at the stickers for the freespool levers and the motor design and the freespool design they are identical I would say...

ravofireman
Need to get out more

Unread post by ravofireman » March 27th, 2013, 11:44 am

Most 4wd gear, like winches and the likes are all contract bought out of china, Much the same as every thing that moves, makes noise or clunks,

mass prouduced to a spec, then sold out to the highest bidder, or under contract, so in the end most things we buy now are all the same, weather its a red sticker or a black sticker,
********* Wheeling Down Under ************
2010 GU Patrol, 2inch lift. zd30

1998 GU patrol rd28 stock as a rock

Dr Cashews
Been here a while

Unread post by Dr Cashews » March 28th, 2013, 5:32 am

....Got a chance to have a talk to Glenno about this on the weekend at the Brisvegas 4x4 show. Short story - same case, better quality internals in the Roo winch.

Unfortunately most of the detail went in one ear and out the other as my brain was trying to work out how much pain the missus would have inflicted on me had I bought one.

Simon
Yep, heard that one plenty of times before...........
Maybe it's true but over the years it's been proven to me with other products (power tools, petrol powered tools, etc) that it usually is just a pitch to relieve you of your hard earned.
Call me cynical but there is so much rubbish out there today people will tell you the sky is brown if it means a sale.
Doc
Don't lie, cheat or steal! The government hates competition.

Return to “Anything to do with 4WD's &/or related to Fourby's”