Questions that need answers!

For the stuff that's NOT 4WD related, here's where you can come on in and discuss it, but do play nice!
rolly82

Questions that need answers!

Unread post by rolly82 » January 22nd, 2013, 11:52 pm

Have you got a question that keeps you up at night that just needs to be answered?
For example:
I saw one of those smart-4-2 micro cars driving around this afternoon,and as some of
us may know,you can fit 2 of these cars in one carpark space....now,the question(s) I need
answering is,
if you have to pay for parking,do you pay for one car or two?
and if you only have to pay for one,which car holds the ticket?
is it legal to actually park 2 cars in the one spot?

If you can't answer my problem,feel free to ask your own "question that needs a answer"

ntnewnymore
Been here a while

Re: Questions that need answers!

Unread post by ntnewnymore » January 23rd, 2013, 12:08 am

if you ever see 2 vehicles(cars) occupying one car space(without a collision) in this state rolly i'll buy you a carton....

rolly82

Unread post by rolly82 » January 23rd, 2013, 12:24 am

Ntnewnymore,this is what I mean:

ntnewnymore
Been here a while

Unread post by ntnewnymore » January 23rd, 2013, 12:29 am

yep thats the one.... but left hand drives...= usa , not west oz.... no carton... keep googlin matey

jfoldbar
Avid Poster

Unread post by jfoldbar » January 23rd, 2013, 5:26 am

i got a question i always wondered the answer to.

when parking rangers are at home on the weekend, and if they get invited to someones place for a bbq. (i find this hard to comprehend but anythings possible). while at said bbq if someone asks them "what do you do for a living"? can they tell them the truth, or do they broaden the answer to something like "i work for the council"

this question has troubled me for about 15 years. i still havnt found the answer

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » January 23rd, 2013, 7:24 am

Jfoldbar,

Like a lot of coppers who say that they are a public servant, parking officers do the same. They say they are a admin officer or similiar

They get sick and tired of answering the question of what do you do for a living and then getting pigeon holed by some twat who wants to air his greivances about he has been persecuted for parking in a disabled bay for two seconds on a quiet sunday morning to unload while his elderly grandmother waited on the kerb etc etc blah blah Bs Bs how hard done by was I.

Coppers get the same . . . . . "My mother got booked blah blah (always seems to be their mother)

Most often they just want to have a beer, relax and be "normal" like everyone else rather than put up with that crap but there almost always is some idiot who has a burr up his butt and wants to air his crap .
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

BigDutchy
Need to get out more

Unread post by BigDutchy » January 23rd, 2013, 7:53 am

I was driving home yesterday and came across road work (as you do). With the road base, bitumen etc the height of the road must have increased by about 4". This is happening all around the world. When an argeologist finds something its always deep in the ground. Does that mean that the worlds' diameter has increased? And how much. Can the world be over loaded?

BennyT50
Avid Poster

Unread post by BennyT50 » January 23rd, 2013, 10:42 am

When you hear of people being "granted the keys to the city", what does this really mean?

I am sure in my younger days I was told it meant that you could live in the city and pay no rates etc.

BennyT50
BennyT50 - BT-50 SDX Dual Cab
Canopy, Bullbar, Tub Liner, ERPS, Snorkel, UHF, Dual battery, Side steps, Towbar, In-car camera.

chris_stoffa
Need to get out more
Location: Wandering in the Wilderness of the Western Burbs of Melbourne., VIC

Unread post by chris_stoffa » January 23rd, 2013, 11:45 am

^^^^^^

4/5ths of 5/8ths of SFA really , mainly symbolic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_the_City

And No, ya still gunna hafta pay ya rates :lol:
03 Bravo 2.5TD DCab

mnpalmer
Been here a while

Unread post by mnpalmer » January 23rd, 2013, 1:43 pm

^^^^

And no, it's not made of chocolate so you can't eat it...

jfoldbar
Avid Poster

Unread post by jfoldbar » January 23rd, 2013, 5:26 pm

BigDutchy wrote:I was driving home yesterday and came across road work (as you do). With the road base, bitumen etc the height of the road must have increased by about 4". This is happening all around the world. When an argeologist finds something its always deep in the ground. Does that mean that the worlds' diameter has increased? And how much. Can the world be over loaded?
this has bugged me too.
i dont think the world got bigger. where would the extra dirt come from?
the area where my oldies live is almost swamp. its very low and really soft even in a dry time. it has always been known for things seeming to "sink" into the ground. if you pour a footpath, 10 years later you would swear its lower than when you put it there.
i reckon it comes down to everything sinks, eventually. depending on the ground of course.
the archaeologists are digging up stuff from thousands of years ago. im sure when the people lived there, they didnt dig a big hole and live in that. i reckon it used to be ground level, and ground level constantly changes.

kerry460
Need to get out more

Unread post by kerry460 » January 23rd, 2013, 5:43 pm

G,,day a couple of months ago,
i saw one of these little cars parked on a parking meter bay , at 90 degrees to the kerb.
brisbane st launceston, centre of the city.
the front didnt stick out beyond the lines of the parking bay.
kerry
Mercedes Benz G WAGEN 300GD

Mungrel
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mungrel » January 23rd, 2013, 6:09 pm

jfoldbar wrote:
BigDutchy wrote:I was driving home yesterday and came across road work (as you do). With the road base, bitumen etc the height of the road must have increased by about 4". This is happening all around the world. When an argeologist finds something its always deep in the ground. Does that mean that the worlds' diameter has increased? And how much. Can the world be over loaded?
this has bugged me too.
i dont think the world got bigger. where would the extra dirt come from?
the area where my oldies live is almost swamp. its very low and really soft even in a dry time. it has always been known for things seeming to "sink" into the ground. if you pour a footpath, 10 years later you would swear its lower than when you put it there.
i reckon it comes down to everything sinks, eventually. depending on the ground of course.
the archaeologists are digging up stuff from thousands of years ago. im sure when the people lived there, they didnt dig a big hole and live in that. i reckon it used to be ground level, and ground level constantly changes.
Adding to this train of thought and things sinking, when the liquid magma gets spewed out from inside the earth via volcanoes etc, what fills the gap where it came from? Does the earth generate new magma etc, or do the techtonic plates sink inwards somewhat courtesy of gravity?
P.S, I've got no idea either! :confused:
If it can't be fixed with duct tape or a hammer, It must be electrical
Build Thread: viewtopic.php?f=187&t=138912&hilit=mungrel%27
Photography Page: http://www.facebook.com/MungrelImages

When in doubt,

smokescreen
Need to get out more

Unread post by smokescreen » January 23rd, 2013, 6:30 pm

I have a Questions that needs an answer why when there is a dual carriage way road do people drive slow in the right lane or go just fast enough to drive along side the car in the left lane :irked: .
2000 GU Patrol TD4.2T ute
2013 GXL 200 Series TTD Diesel Landcruiser
2012 Can Am XMR 800

kerry460
Need to get out more

Unread post by kerry460 » January 23rd, 2013, 7:55 pm

G,,day smokey, easy answer.
they are imbecilic idiots that do not deserve a licence.

but i actually think you knew that.
cheers
kerry
Mercedes Benz G WAGEN 300GD

Return to “Chit Chat - all the stuff that's NOT Fourby or 4WD related!”