View topic - MK Front wheel bearings/Wheel Alignement issues

MK Front wheel bearings/Wheel Alignement issues

Getting to know the place

MK Front wheel bearings/Wheel Alignement issues

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone has experience in replacing the front wheel bearings in an MK (1997, dual cab 4x4) Triton. Mine are starting to grind (Passengers side) a bit and rego is due next month. Appreciate any info on potential issues/problems/tricks, I have manual locking hubs ?

AND

Just wondering if anyone has had wheel alignment issues and pulling to the left post alignment or just in general.

I had a wheel alignment done about 6000 k's ago and haven’t really done any great off road work since, apart from the odd dirt road and I cant recall hitting any great pot holes or rocks that would throw the alignment out. I had new tyres fitted at the time, but the driver’s side has all but scrubbed out on the inside and the vehicle has a constant pull to the left. When I had the alignment done the company that did it told me that they couldn’t get the left hand pull out, but the wheels were aligned and shouldn’t be an issue.......would this be as a result of the bearings perhaps???

Thks in advance.

Diddy

Unread postby Diddy » February 16th, 2010, 1:57 pm

Been here a while

very unlikely to be caused by your bearing, a bearing would usually make some noise also

if anything I would be checking your idler arm

but it sounds like you didn't get a proper alignment in the beginning, and that the tyre fitters told you that to get you out the door

Unread postby xagtho » February 16th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Been here a while

mine was pulling and clunking, turned out to be sway bar bushes, idler arm and pitman arm, cost 400 and steers strait with alot less noise, although my wheel bearings have a bit of play in them, im getting them done soon, not to hard to do i would gues, when i replaced my wheel studs i had to take the bearings out, took me 3 hours per side, and i know nothing about it, i was just wingen it
2012 Colorado LTR, Bilstein lift, scangauge 2, snorkle, more things coming...

Unread postby sc00by » February 17th, 2010, 7:28 pm

Getting to know the place

thks guys......i will check out all of the above.

again thks

Diddy

Unread postby Diddy » February 17th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Return to Triton