MK Triton A/C Compressor stuffed - what Other Models fit?

milky4x4
Here and there

MK Triton A/C Compressor stuffed - what Other Models fit?

Unread post by milky4x4 » November 9th, 2015, 8:44 pm

My 98 V6 Petrol MK Triton has an AC compressor that had no belt on it, so I put a new belt on and it squealed like hell. I'm guessing it's stuffed? The bearing perhaps?

So I'm thinking to buy a new compressor of Ebay and I'd like to know if any V6 compressor will fit? Or do I have to get a particular model?

Thanks

milky4x4
Here and there

MK Triton A/C Compressor Other Models?

Unread post by milky4x4 » December 29th, 2015, 2:38 pm

My 98 V6 Petrol MK Triton has an AC compressor that had no belt on it, so I put a new belt on and it squealed like hell. I'm guessing it's stuffed? The bearing perhaps? Is this worth getting repaired or should I buy a new (or 2nd hand) compressor of Ebay?

Also will any Mitsy V6 compressor will fit? Or do I have to get a particular model?

Thanks

Boof mk triton
Been here a while

Re: MK Triton A/C Compressor stuffed - what Other Models fit

Unread post by Boof mk triton » January 6th, 2016, 3:06 pm

Mate I am unsure of the nature of whats stuffed, maybe you have it sorted, but just check if the electro magnetic pulley free wheels when the a/c is turned off. You may be able to source that durect from the wreckers but if no good you could very well be up for a new compressor. I thought the paj ones of the same vintage 6g72's were the same but dont hold me to that. Cant see it being cheap either way, especially after having to re gas and test again. Good luck.
Boof
Somewhere in a land downunder...

Mods: plenty
To do: plenty more

My camper build - viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153623

Return to “Triton”