Got (or want?) bigger tyres? Come in here

Tenno
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Mitsubishi triton Sunraysias..

Unread post by Tenno » June 18th, 2015, 9:19 pm

Thanks mate,
It's not going o have a lift for a while For now it's a I can go there in this kinda car and be more comfortable when towing. So 15" 16" 17" sunnys? Ill have to look into what offset to go. Thanks for the reply

Darknight
Part of the furniture

Re: Mitsubishi triton Sunraysias..

Unread post by Darknight » June 18th, 2015, 11:08 pm

Before going and mixing and matching make sure whatever you fit fits the hub correctly, just because the stud pattern matches doesn't mean its a correct fit. The hubs are what actually carries the weight of the vehicle the wheel nuts are there to hold the wheel on and nothing more.

Tenno
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Got bigger tyres? Come in here

Unread post by Tenno » June 18th, 2015, 11:26 pm

Thanks dark knight I am aware of this that's why I put the post up for some possible confirmation on personal 1st hand dealings. I'm still going to the local tyre shop but they don't drive tritons everyday like guys can on here. But again any further help will be great

opindown
Here and there

Re: Got bigger tyres? Come in here

Unread post by opindown » August 5th, 2015, 11:26 am

After doing alot of reading, there are alot of different answers.
With out bashing the fire wall with a hammer and cutting bits out of the guards etc.
what is needed for me to fit 33x12.5x15 on my 97 MK triton?
I already have a 2" body lift

Cheers in advance

Boof mk triton
Been here a while

Re: Got (or want?) bigger tyres? Come in here

Unread post by Boof mk triton » August 23rd, 2015, 3:01 am

You will need 2" of suspension lift and the correct offset wheel - something around the 0 - neg14 mark seems popular. Anything more positive you may wind up with scrubbing on the sway bar. Results may vary though, everyone has had differing opinions in this regard. Trial and error is about your only option to get the result your after. Plenty of advice on this, but actual size of tyre vary from brand to brand, so working out what best suits can sometimes take a bit of working out. Good luck :)
Boof
Somewhere in a land downunder...

Mods: plenty
To do: plenty more

My camper build - viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153623

opindown
Here and there

Re: Got (or want?) bigger tyres? Come in here

Unread post by opindown » September 4th, 2015, 12:07 pm

97 MK running 33x12.5x15 on 2pc American racing alloys neg 25 offset
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

waldy11
I'm new, be nice!

mk triton wheel offset

Unread post by waldy11 » September 15th, 2015, 9:15 pm

need someone that has an mk glxr and has put wider offset rims on it to get tyres flush with the flares as i am looking to get new rims that will put the tyre flush with the flares

i think that if i get 16x7 with negative 10 offset will bring them out flush but unsure need someone that has already done so to let me know the right offset

Victor B
I'm new, be nice!

MQ Triton bigger wheels help!

Unread post by Victor B » March 17th, 2016, 8:10 am

Hello,

Just a quick one to know if anyone has had any experience with it....

I'm wondering what the biggest tyre is that you can fit under an MQ Triton. It's got a 350kg Constant load 40mm EFS suspension lift, and I'm hoping to get 285s under it. Just want to know if anyone has experienced and rubbing while turning or hitting when going over bumps etc...

Any insight would be great. Hard to get feedback on MQ mods because they arent that old.

Thanks!
Victor.

Return to “Triton”