New seats for MK Triton

AussieBrent2
Here and there

New seats for MK Triton

Unread post by AussieBrent2 » October 15th, 2011, 9:54 am

Hi Guys

I have a 2005 MK Triton I have had it since the start of the year I find the seats uncomfortable on trips over say 1 hour plus before I got this car I would drive my old mans Kia which i could drive hours on end with no issues of a sore back.

I really need to look at changing the seats or doing something as when i get out of the Triton its very uncomfortable any suggestions on new seats? or if you have had this problem what did you do to rectify it?

Cheers

80Butts
Avid Poster

Re: New seats for MK Triton

Unread post by 80Butts » October 15th, 2011, 10:05 am

My old man is having similar issues with his triton. Mum refuses to travel in it now.
I have an 80 series cruiser and the seat in that is equally crap, probably worse. So after mucking around a bit with new foam etc I just bit the bullet and purchased a Stratos 3000 LTSS ( suspension seat) They are in victoria.
Have just had it in the cruiser for a couple of days and loving it so far. Expensive.. but, better than a sore back and shoulders and butt cheeks. Dad is thinking about them for his Triton now. Only issue in a dual cab is the suspension module sits behind the seat vertically behind the backrest and may be a slight limitation on leg room for rear passengers.

sc00by
Been here a while

Unread post by sc00by » October 19th, 2011, 7:14 am

i find the mk triton glxr seats quite comfy with a fat sheep skin cover on it, otherwise i gues you could find a set of seats you find comfortable and get a bracket made up to suit it in your car?

Charlie250
Been here a while

Unread post by Charlie250 » November 17th, 2011, 10:02 pm

I'm told that VW Golf GT seats (which are fantastic) can be mountred on the MK seat track. I'm in the process of tracking down a wreck to confirm this at the moment, because I too think that the standard Triton seats are CRAP!

barges
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by barges » November 18th, 2011, 1:07 am

i have a vw golf mk6 and a mk triton. on the weekend ill take a look and see if they are compatible

Charlie250
Been here a while

Unread post by Charlie250 » November 18th, 2011, 9:37 am

Great.

Also, if any of you know of other compatible seat conversions that work well, please feel free to post the details.

I'm fed up with my MK seats.

Deans4by

Unread post by Deans4by » November 18th, 2011, 8:46 pm

If my memory sevres me correct (which can be a challenge) I think there is a post on here somewhere that someone put the seats out of a higher spec Pajero into there Triton. Pretty sure it was just a straight bolt in. If I get time later I will try and find it.
Dean
Who cares what 4wd you have just get out and use it.
MK Triton 2.8L TD a few mods goes alright.

hugmeister
Here and there

Unread post by hugmeister » July 9th, 2013, 12:44 am

Hi, any update on this?

Brownie586
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Brownie586 » November 5th, 2013, 6:45 pm

Just another check up if anyone has any more info on this??

Mickthesparky
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Mickthesparky » November 17th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Ok its 3 years later.....anyone done anything with this? I love my extra cab MK but the seats suck big time......
Do the pajero GLS seats fit?

I am also looking at the stratos seats as well

Boof mk triton
Been here a while

Unread post by Boof mk triton » February 13th, 2018, 8:42 pm

Ok its a bit later again, havent been here in god knows, but i did manage to get some ba xr6 seats in the old tritoon. If you want a little write up or something let us know 👍
Boof
Somewhere in a land downunder...

Mods: plenty
To do: plenty more

My camper build - viewtopic.php?f=134&t=153623

Peter Aawen
Admin

Unread post by Peter Aawen » February 13th, 2018, 9:08 pm

C'mon Boof mk, give us the write up please. :thumb:

How did you go about fitting the BA XR6 seats into your Triton?? I'm pretty sure there'll be more'n a few besides me interested! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Triton”