MY 2011 PB Challenger released.

MissAlison
Here and there

Re: MY 2011 PB Challenger released.

Unread post by MissAlison » January 29th, 2011, 11:30 am

I also will be getting the MY11 for the 10 price because they have all been sold. There are about 4 Challengers for sale in Vic, and the dealer who gave me the best price and service can't get his hands on them. So I suppose I will just have to wait, and it will even be badged 2011. I suppose it is some consolation for having to wait so long.

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » February 1st, 2011, 5:05 pm

Took one for a test drive today and was extremely dissapointed, the road and engine noise was atrocious. I am going to look at the Pajero again but at this stage am really stuck on what to upgrade the Prado for. :(
2014 FJ with a few mods

Pajo

Unread post by Pajo » February 1st, 2011, 5:42 pm

Agree there boof, only realy the Prado and Pajero in that size vehical.
A HOUSE IS A MANS CASTLE..............WHEN THE WIFE IS OUT.

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » February 1st, 2011, 6:20 pm

Not wrong Pajo the way its going the Prado will be kept till it falls apart, either that or its time to go back to a 2wd :(
2014 FJ with a few mods

Pajo

Unread post by Pajo » February 1st, 2011, 6:48 pm

Apoligise there guys for being guilty of going off topic, gave myself a good slap on the wrist for that.

Pete.

4x4wiki
Been here a while

Unread post by 4x4wiki » February 2nd, 2011, 10:48 am

boof wrote:Took one for a test drive today and was extremely dissapointed, the road and engine noise was atrocious. I am going to look at the Pajero again but at this stage am really stuck on what to upgrade the Prado for. :(
There is an update to the Challenger that they perform at a service that addresses the engine noise...

Maybe the one you drove didn't have that update applied...

I got mine updated when I took in in for my service a couple of weeks ago and it's made a big difference to engine noise. Might be worth having another test drive of one that's been updated...
2010 Mitsubishi Challenger... With additional bits and pieces...
https://twitter.com/Rosscomatic
The Offroad Aussie Blog: http://www.offroadaussie.com

boof
Need to get out more

Unread post by boof » February 2nd, 2011, 12:28 pm

4x4wiki wrote:
boof wrote:Took one for a test drive today and was extremely dissapointed, the road and engine noise was atrocious. I am going to look at the Pajero again but at this stage am really stuck on what to upgrade the Prado for. :(
There is an update to the Challenger that they perform at a service that addresses the engine noise...

I got mine updated when I took in in for my service a couple of weeks ago and it's made a big difference to engine noise. Might be worth having another test drive of one that's been updated...

Cheers for the info unfortunately I have decided that its just not the right car for me. Given whats available on the current market I will just keep what I have for another 3 years. I have now driven 6 different TD models and while the Challenger was definately the worst all of them have too much noise for my needs.
2014 FJ with a few mods

Pajo

Unread post by Pajo » February 2nd, 2011, 3:29 pm

One out of left field here Boof, the Disco 4?

svscott
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by svscott » August 9th, 2011, 8:59 am

4x4wiki wrote:

Hi all
First time posting here. I picked up my manual 2011 Challenger last week. So far very happy with it. Just wondering about this update you are talking about. I have noticed the engine noise is quite high in the cab but nothing I am really bothered about. Obviously I would like to have it reduced alittle. Also there seems to be an intermitted rattle/buzz coming from the engine bay. It seems to go away when you are higher in the rev range. Any ideas?? Will tell the service department about when it goes in.
Cheers Scott

GQpete
Been here a while

Unread post by GQpete » December 16th, 2011, 8:24 pm

I just ordered an silver LS and pick it up next week. I have added a couple of bits to be included from new, bullbar with IPF driving lights, snorkel, towbar, tinting, trailer brakes and Micky Thompson ATZ 4 ribs tyres.

I am coming out of a 92 GQ that is now for sale so I expect the drive to be a little nicer.

I like the idea of the solid rear axle and diff lock, this should make up for the IFS front end.

The steering was a little lazy on the test drive but I think I can live with this.

02-SR5
Need to get out more

Unread post by 02-SR5 » December 21st, 2011, 7:20 pm

Mate,

you wont regret it.

Rob

GQpete
Been here a while

Unread post by GQpete » December 22nd, 2011, 7:04 am

02-SR5 wrote:Mate,

you wont regret it.

Rob
I am picking it up today, just been waiting on the ATZ's to arrive and be fitted. I went and looked at it on Tuesday and it looks great with the snorkel and the ARB Winch Bar.

We are off the Newcastle tomorrow so a big trip straight up. I am looking forward to getting it off road soon.

pickle
Admin

Unread post by pickle » December 22nd, 2011, 7:11 am

You will love it Pete. Challengers are pretty capable in standard form offroad.
Dave
2001 Challenger with bits and peices of goodness.
And of course 'Pajeropoint' for the Mitsu fans.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/306179409472332/

GQpete
Been here a while

Unread post by GQpete » January 24th, 2012, 5:29 am

I brushed the back door with the handle bar of my bike over the weekend and put a dent in the door. When I say I brushed it, I mean hardly touched it. Very disappointed with the strength of the panels and the paint which seems to mark and scratch very easily ands I havnt even been off road yet.

huntingdado1990
Here and there

Unread post by huntingdado1990 » January 25th, 2012, 7:11 pm

I just have to yell at mine and she bruises!
I don't mind the bush pinstripes, But I can't believe that the flimsy wild roses managed to scratch righ thru the clear coat!
Lead (Pb) Challenger

Return to “Challenger”