2014 PC suspension options - what's good out there?

backintoit
Here and there

2014 PC suspension options - what's good out there?

Unread post by backintoit » July 13th, 2015, 9:54 pm

Hi all,

I am starting to consider options to upgrading my suspension.

Can I please grab some ideas/recommendations. Having read info on this and other forums there appears to be a lot out there, however I don't have a strong product or technical knowledge and what impact a lift may have on other parts of the vehicle.

I am setting up my Challenger as a tourer. Presently it has a TJM bullbar and winch, snorkle and towbar. Given time I will have a draw system set up. In the long run I will not have a roof top tent or anything like that, maybe just an awning. Temporarily though I may need to carry a couple jerry cans on the roof until a long range tank gets installed.

My driving is touring and shorter weekend trips, nothing serious or too extreme, but at the same time need to be capable to go where I want.

Finally if anyone knows of good workshops in Canberra to do the work.

Cheers

Mark

itsamitsi
Here and there

Re: 2014 PC suspension options - what's good out there?

Unread post by itsamitsi » July 14th, 2015, 9:22 pm

I did alot of research on suspension for our challenger and bought Ultimates setup, many here have used it also and been very happy with it. They also are very knowledgeable and take time to set up a package that suits the car with accessories that you have or plan to and how and where you plan on driving it. Speak with Brendan @ Ultimate and you will see what i mean.
Paul W

itsamitsi
Here and there

Unread post by itsamitsi » July 16th, 2015, 9:26 pm

My set up arrived so hopefully i'll get it in on the weekend.
Paul W

backintoit
Here and there

Unread post by backintoit » September 11th, 2015, 7:08 pm

Hey guys,

So getting serious about suspension. I am currently awaiting on a reply from Ultimate have quoted Dobinson's (complete set up) and OME Nitrocharger Sports.

Does anyone have any comments on either of the three?

Down the track I'll be towing a camper trailer. Not convinced if i'll ever have draws or not, however if I did they would be completely unloaded when the vehicle is not being driven. The vehicle is not a daily driver.

Any comments are appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

backintoit
Here and there

Unread post by backintoit » September 12th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Have heard back from Ultimate and they are suggesting Lovell's raised height heavy duty coils for the front and medium duty coils for the rear combined with Aussie Ryder twin tube gas shocks..

Cheers

Mark

Return to “Challenger”