Got my PB Challenger ECU Remapped!

Hellhusky
Here and there

Got my PB Challenger ECU Remapped!

Unread post by Hellhusky » March 18th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Been awhile since I was last here , sadly got rid of the old girl (PA). But just recently bought a new PB demo.
The car was actually not bad on performance but just had it tuned by mates at INFINITECH , to say the least the power
now is really impressive. They remapped the ECU with a performance tune , boosting the turbo & adjusting the torque settings along with other various parameters. Let me know if you want anymore info or check out http://www.infinitechtuning.com.
At the moment getting 8l per100km combined so fuel has dropped a bit too! :lol:
Cheers
Dano

2013 PB Challenger manual - Infinitech performance tune :drool:

geo41e
Here and there

Re: Got my PB Challenger ECU Remapped!

Unread post by geo41e » April 1st, 2014, 2:31 pm

gday HellHusky

would love to know how much you paid, and how many kms you have on the clock ?
as well as location. very interested in getting this for my pb !

Hellhusky
Here and there

Unread post by Hellhusky » April 15th, 2014, 12:02 am

Hey geo41,

Car was remapped at 2600km on the clock. Infinitech charge $1595 for a performance tune. They are located in Wangara Perth WA. By the way the current fuel consumption is 7.4litres combined ! so really happy with that! If you want any more info dont hesitate to ask,

Cheers

huntingdado1990
Here and there

Unread post by huntingdado1990 » May 7th, 2014, 3:21 pm

Is yours an auto Pb?
Mine is currently drinking at a rate of 13.2L/100 . I measure fuel consumption by filling up the tank and calculating the next fill with the KM's travelled. you get a much more accurate reading that way. I even have my odo calibrated so it is near as damn it.
I have 105,000kms on my Pb and am desperate to have the lazy turbo, flat spot torque and shocking fuel consumption improved!
Lead (Pb) Challenger

Wally81
Here and there

Unread post by Wally81 » May 8th, 2014, 8:58 pm

I am also getting about 13-14L/100km.. I have 28570r17 (33") tyres. Have checked the speedo and it is now pretty spot on. Have checked it with GPS and when I travel 5km on my odo, I have actually done 5.4kms. I know that when I had the standard tyres my speedo would show 90km/h but I was actually doing 100km/h gps speed.

Are people working out their fuel usage with a GPS distance or just the ODO reading?

I have done 140 000 in my 09 PB Challenger (auto), has EGR block, 2 inch lift, snorkel and roofcage. (all could effect fuel I guess)

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » May 8th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Wally81

I think you got some of that "frack to bunt".

If the speedo is NOW pretty spot on, then with smaller tyres the 90km/h GPS would have read as 100km/h on the speedo.ie exact reverse of reality.
If as you have just mentioned the bigger tyres would make 90km/h on the clock about 107km'h or more. Just can't be that way.

Your OD error seems to be +8%

Wally81
Here and there

Unread post by Wally81 » May 9th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Sorry mydmax.........Ok.. im starting to get confused here..

Old
travelling 90km/h GPS - speedo showing 100km/h

New (with bigger tyres)
Travelling 100km/h - speedo showing 101km/h

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » May 9th, 2014, 7:29 pm

Wally81
Yeah, that is about what most seem to be.
Because of the around 8% difference, then the distance recorded on the ODO will also bee about 8% less IE, you have actually travelled 8% more distance and so you should ADD *% to the distance for the fuel used.

It may make the 13 L/h - 14 L/H back to about 12 L/H -13 L/H maybe. SO, better than you thought if you have worked it out on the dash info only.

Hellhusky
Here and there

Unread post by Hellhusky » May 26th, 2014, 8:41 am

huntingdado1990 wrote:Is yours an auto Pb?
Mine is currently drinking at a rate of 13.2L/100 . I measure fuel consumption by filling up the tank and calculating the next fill with the KM's travelled. you get a much more accurate reading that way. I even have my odo calibrated so it is near as damn it.
I have 105,000kms on my Pb and am desperate to have the lazy turbo, flat spot torque and shocking fuel consumption improved!

Hey mate , mine is a manual I have calculated fuel consumption using both methods. The best results have been from filling the tank & calculating the next fill with KM's travelled. The trip computer shows slightly higher consumption but still averages low 8's city/Hwy. Best I have ever seen is 7.4l per /100km ! Even towing a 400kg camper trailer fully loaded with four people in the car into a head wind I got 13.5l per 100kms. The main improvement is that the turbo cuts in much sooner than standard around 1250rpm. It pulls pretty hard when you give it the berries :) In the wet you need to be a bit careful as I have even had wheel spin in third gear before the traction control kicked in !(by the way the traction control is a bit savage sometimes in the PB!!!) Did a test again in the wet just for kicks & got all four wheels to easily break traction in 4H. Anyway I would think that even in the auto that your consumption would be much better & the power delivery far better after a tune. Apparently I can get even more out of the PB if using a race tune . The guys at infintech have done loads of Pajeros with awesome results , mine is the only challenger they have done to date but in saying that they have done quite a few tritons with great results.

itsamitsi
Here and there

Unread post by itsamitsi » July 12th, 2015, 5:42 pm

Now having it mapped for a while how have you found it? I want to get my PC done so i am interested how it has gone.
Paul W

Return to “Challenger”