Show us your Challenger

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: Show us your Challenger

Unread post by Peter Aawen » July 25th, 2014, 7:01 pm

So who's vehicle is that in the background, woosh... the one getting trailered home from Jakem Park?? :eek:

Looks like you tested out the mud there pretty well!! :D
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Zdog
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Zdog » August 26th, 2014, 5:59 pm

Hey folks,

Bout time I said g'day from nz. Stoked to have challenger forums.

2001 2.8 td

31 hankook dynapro ATM. Nitro filled

2 inch lift cobra

Other mods:

Cut bump stops
Rear swaybar quick release
Boost tap
Turbo fuel diafram adjusted
New head and cooling system
Boost gauge
Egt gauge
Bluetooth head unit
Manual hubs
Retrieve hooks
Trans cooler

Future mods:
Front lokka
Uhf radio
32inch tyres on new rims
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jace88
Here and there

Unread post by Jace88 » September 6th, 2014, 8:33 am

YEAR
ENGINE
WHEELS/TYRES
Mixxis 980 A/T
SUSPENSION
stock
OTHER MODs

ACCESSORIES
TJM T13 bullbar, 9500lb TJM winch, Sornkel, K&N filter, tjm fog lights, X-Ray HID spotlights
FUTURE MODs
Side awning, roof racks and cage
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

craigus2703
Been here a while

Unread post by craigus2703 » October 8th, 2014, 11:03 am

Did a night run of Daniels Point Rd last week. There was carnage all round but thankfully I didn't break anything (no idea how)

mathew121
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by mathew121 » October 15th, 2014, 3:58 pm

My mitsubishi challenger 33x12.5 -23 offset 2inch body lift 2 inch suspension

PBob
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by PBob » October 15th, 2014, 6:39 pm

Hi all, so I recently bought myself an 03 PA Challenger, and I must say I'm pretty happy with it so far.

2.5" Lift
31' Tyres

More mods to come

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » October 15th, 2014, 7:58 pm

Looking good fella's, keep 'em coming.
Cheers,

Nathan

brodawg
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by brodawg » November 1st, 2014, 9:50 am

G'day folks, just joined your merry band of challenger chirpas:) Had mine for about a year now and I was thinking of chopping it in for a cruiser or patrol but after much deliberation and after finding this forum Ive decided to spend some $$'s and time doing some mods on the old tractor albeit a frigging right mare to source bits for it as it's one of the early ones mitsy only made for 6 months but so far here's what I've managed,

Year: 1998 PA I

Engine: 3.0 V6

Wheels/Tyres: ?/ 31x10.5 R15 Federal Couragia M/T rears, Roadstone Roadian rubbish fronts (soon to be same as rears)

Suspension: 2" lift on Triton Bluemax leafs with greasable shackles & Ultima heavy duty shocks, Torsion bars wound up to suit, Removing the rear sway bar in a minute:D

Future mods: Roof rack, bull bar, snorkel kit, dual batteries, UHF radio, window tint, the list goes on, you get the idea:D
This was before the lift kit was fitted

The missus getting bogged :rolleyes:

Lift kit fitted :D

Great little forum here guys glad to be part of it, no doubt I'll be posting more pics etc and picking a few brains in the not to distant future :waycool:

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » November 1st, 2014, 10:31 am

Nice pics mate, good to see another Challenger used for what it was built for.
Cheers,

Nathan

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » November 2nd, 2014, 8:09 pm

brodawg wrote:Wheels/Tyres: ?/ 31x10.5 R15 Federal Couragia M/T rears, Roadstone Roadian rubbish fronts (soon to be same as rears)
Are those the (Nexen) Roadian M/Ts? Not happy with them? I've been tossing up between those and the Couragias for my next set of tyres.

Would love to hear your opinion, brodawg.
Tim

2004 Challenger LS Auto. Build-up photo gallery.

brodawg
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by brodawg » November 4th, 2014, 9:14 pm

hdcoffeeboy wrote:
brodawg wrote:Wheels/Tyres: ?/ 31x10.5 R15 Federal Couragia M/T rears, Roadstone Roadian rubbish fronts (soon to be same as rears)
Are those the (Nexen) Roadian M/Ts? Not happy with them? I've been tossing up between those and the Couragias for my next set of tyres.

Would love to hear your opinion, brodawg.

G'day Tim,
They are the Nexen Roadstone Roadian M/T's and from my limited experience with them If I were you mate I'd go for the couragia's.
When I purchased my Challenger a little over a year ago now it had two Roadians on the rear (which are now on the front with about 50-60% on them) and one on the front along with a single brand new couragia, after driving it to work and back etc everyday I noticed a subtle but annoying vibration through the steering wheel (apparently they were balanced when the roadworthy was done :rolleyes: ) so I rotated them to the rear and put up with arse end shaking around for a week or so before taking it to the shop, turns out one of the Roadians was out of round and was worn in a very odd way, this could have been for a million reasons but I just got them to throw on another Couragia to match up with the other one, I'm pleased with the Couragias and they have done me proud so far in the sand/mud and on the road, of course they do "zip" a bit on the highway but not as much as you'd expect from full muddies.
I'll be changing the front ones over in the next few weeks so I'll have a full set of Couragia booties :D I may have been unlucky with that one tyre but I also think the Couragias are a much better looking tyre and lets face it it's all about the look :cool:
Hope this helps you out Tim good luck.

Brodie

Went for a little play on the weekend to give the new lift kit a test run, very happy :D

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » November 5th, 2014, 10:37 am

Thanks, brodawg. That gives me some idea at least. I know a few people with the Couragias and they seem to be happy with them, so I think I'll go that way. Thanks again.
Tim

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » November 5th, 2014, 10:47 am

A mate is running the Couragia's in 33's and rates them. I really like the look of them and they are very competitively priced. I'll be pricing them up for comparison when my 6x Bighorns are due for replacement.
Cheers,

Nathan

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » November 5th, 2014, 1:30 pm

Just ordered 5 x 32s (265/75/16) from www.thewheeldeal.com.au for $200 a corner. I'll post my I-know-nothing-about-tyres review some time soon.
Tim

dathan
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by dathan » November 6th, 2014, 10:07 pm

Hello guys,

Its very nice to see all the modification/upgrade that you have in you challenger, I'm new here in this forum and I never thought that i will keep my Mitsubishi challenger up to now, I have no plan to keep this car longer that I thought because of the higher highway mileage, not after after I drive this in the bush and beach, I started to like this car more. I have this Mitsubishi challenger 2001 in a 7 seater version in 2012, with oil leaks, broken radiator fan shrouding at higher mileage, but the longer I drive this 4WD, the more I like this, it never give me any problem in any of my Off road driving that we have even this car has oil leaks, and later onl I decided to spend money to fix everything for this car and planning to keep this now..

I fix the oil leaks, change transmission oil and filter, replace thermostat valve, replace fuel filter, replace timing belt and sensor, replace the fan belt, replace clutch fan, replace the front wheel bearing, replaced racker cover gasket and Sparkplug(with NGK Platinum), replace the rear door garnish, I buy a roofrack.

And now really really in good condition. Any tips from you guys how to maintain this and always in tiptop shape for any trip?

Return to “Challenger”