COOCX
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Show us your Challenger

Unread post by COOCX » November 12th, 2014, 11:07 am

YEAR 1996

ENGINE 4M40 2.8tD

WHEELS/TYRES 16" Factory Rims - 265/75/16 DynaPro Hankook A/T's

SUSPENSION 2" Lift

OTHER MODs 2" Body Lift, XL Aftermarket Trans Cooler, Deep Core Radiator, Bushskins Underbody Protection, Custom Front Recovery Points, Tough Dog Suspension Shocks and HD Torsion bars.

ACCESSORIES 55W HID Conversion, Full LED Interior and Exterior Conversion, MCC Falcon Winch Bar, 11,000lb Runva XP Winch, Narva 220 Spotties, GME UHF CB, Pioneer Blutooth and Speaker System

FUTURE MODs Front and Rear Lockers, 3" Exhaust, COOPER STT 33's, Rear Drawer System, Dual Battery Setup (Very Soon) Bush Rails and MCC Running Boards, Roof Rack,

Last edited by COOCX on February 20th, 2015, 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zibello
Getting to know the place

Unread post by zibello » December 29th, 2014, 12:35 am

Hi all, I am new too.

This is my Challenger. a 2007 petrol 3.0 V6 automatic. Here in Qatar where I live it is badged Mitsubishi "Nativa". It is considered a very basic car. I am pretty happy about it. Mine is 100% stock.

Here my first question on modifications:

Snorkel - what are the REAL benefits?
Why here in Qatar where DUST and SAND are king and queen, nobody uses it?

Best,
Giovanni
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jalopy
Been here a while

Unread post by jalopy » January 5th, 2015, 12:50 pm

Giovanni,

Nice photos!

The Challenger/Nativa should go well on the sand due to its lightness compared to bigger 4wds.

It looks like the PA Challenger, as we call it, was sold up till 2012 in some parts of the world?
http://www.drivearabia.com/ultimatecarb ... -2012-/319

Snorkels are mostly for water crossing here. In some parts of the country the water crossings can be quite deep ... and crocodile infested. Water is mainly a problem for diesel engines as the water is not compressible if it is sucked into a high compression diesel engine.
Some say the higher air intake sucks in less dust. It doesn't seem to stop the bugs tho. The crocodiles are too big to be sucked in to the air intake ...

zibello

Unread post by zibello » January 6th, 2015, 2:36 am

Hi Jalopy, thank you for the kind feedback and info. Wow! I know you have a heaven of offroad itineraries and nature. Ahaha crocodiles, my wife would be happy!!.. no here no dangers... too hot. In summer it goes up to 55 c and above. Yes, they kept selling the PA Challenger right until the replacement of the new one. Mines is a 2007. In Qatar the Challenger was marketed very cheaply, I think around 15k USD or the like. In Europe on the other hand it was more than three times as much. Judging from your pictures I think mine has a cheaper quality carpet inside than your ones. On the sand it is okay, it suffers from some lack of power for certain dune climbing and if one is not sensible it is easy to end up abusing her! Certainly you cannot go with certain heavy 4wd, like the Toyota Sequoia or Suburban. The best I have seen so far is the old 6 in line Land Cruiser. But it also depends on your driving skills... for instance there are old pictures of people going on the dunes with VW Beetles where I struggle with my PA Challenger! Cheers from the other end of the world!

jalopy
Been here a while

Unread post by jalopy » January 7th, 2015, 1:47 pm

You may find that removing the tubing at the front of the air cleaner box, and maybe also the triangular resonator box will improve performance on those sand hills. It will be a bit noisier.

Some info here:
http://www.rpw.com.au/index.php?option= ... Itemid=555

I spent many hours trying to pick the sand out of the petrol on a VW beach buggy. I hate the taste of petrol ... too many accidents sucking petrol through lines when the tide was coming in. :urgh: Good fun tho.

PS. We have tickets to see Qatar vs UAE at the Asian Cup on Sunday. Qatar sound like they are in good form.

died rich
Here and there

Unread post by died rich » March 19th, 2015, 4:37 pm

10258947_10152894021794896_4062190244959231525_n.jpeg
10514507_10153085240819896_6737449145054413625_n.jpeg

Its been a while since the last photo, since this I've fitted a nudge bar and spotlights.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SA Mitsi Fan
Here and there

Unread post by SA Mitsi Fan » April 4th, 2015, 2:12 pm

After stalking second hand and auction prices on PB Challengers for the past 6 months I was intrigued to see Demo PCs advertised for $35k recently. I was still keen on trading up from my reliable PA on something second hand but ended up driving a new PC. I liked it but wasn't that keen on spending that much. I looked at the alternatives - base model Auto Territory is $44k and no where near as capable. The late model Pathfinders have jumped in price it seems, and your Pajeros, Prados, Cruisers etc are too big and too pricey for what i need. And comparing to second hand, it appears the base model PC ( non LS ) has a heap of goodies that the base PB didn't have - reverse sensors/camera, paddle shift auto etc. My future FIL works for a Mitsi dealer in their spare parts section for an affiliate brand, so I went in to see if I could squeeze a deal. My accessories list was a bit optimistic - for the $35k I tried for Nudge Bar, Cargo Barrier, Tow bar, carpet mats, seat covers, plastic boot tray, and bonnet protector. For $36k I got everything except the rear seat cover :). Here are my two Challengers at the moment - trying to sell the PA asap as I need the room:

Only mod I have planned is an LED Light bar on the nudge bar. As I've never bought a new car before, can anyone recommend a good quality wax for new paint? I use your basic Turtle on the PA but keen to spend more if I can preserve the paint better. Has anyone got an affordable back seat-cover solution? The genuine neoprene ones are over $400! Overall, pretty dam happy with the purchase. She'll be getting her first country run tomorrow out to my property near Mannum in SA - can't wait!

PA04
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by PA04 » May 21st, 2015, 8:28 pm

I know this is a very old thread but here is mine!! :)

YEAR

ENGINE
3L

WHEELS/TYRES
Standard wheel with BFGoodrich AT

SUSPENSION

OTHER MODs
Just roof basket and second spare tyre on the roof atm :ooh:

ACCESSORIES
Tred recovery and snatch strap etc

FUTURE MODs

First up bull bar and winch so I don't have to worry about getting stuck with no one to pull me out!
Spotlights
Trans cooler just as I have read its something that should be done...
photo (3).JPG
Chris car.jpg
20141222_105045.jpg

backintoit
Here and there

Unread post by backintoit » May 21st, 2015, 11:00 pm

So its taken about six weeks after I signed the contract but I finally took possession of my PC Challenger today.

The details:

October 2014 build. Manual.
Genuine Mitsubishi tow bar
Safari Snorkel
TJM Bull bar
TJM 9500lb winch
Maxxis AT980's 265/70R16.

Still considering options as far as air compressors. Can't decide between the Tigerz11 Thumper or ARB. Also will get a Hema HN7 in the next week or so.

Over time I'll set it up as tourer. I need to work on front recovery points. The Mrs wants a camper, so i'll leave suspension until then.

Cheers

Mark

pickle
Admin

Unread post by pickle » May 22nd, 2015, 3:35 pm

Looks pretty neat Backintoit. Great bang for buck 4wd the Challengers.
Dave
2001 Challenger with bits and peices of goodness.
And of course 'Pajeropoint' for the Mitsu fans.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/306179409472332/

backintoit
Here and there

Unread post by backintoit » May 24th, 2015, 1:53 pm

Thanks.

Very happy with it so far, although its still clean unfortunately. Hopefully will be able to get out and test the 4wd functions in a week or so.

themage2121

Unread post by themage2121 » June 20th, 2015, 2:25 am

Hi All,

I've already posted a few topics, but realised I forgot to introduce myself and the Challenger!
Photo is pre-bull bar. I've got to get the latest shots out of my backup as my phone card killed itself recently, so nothing with the bar on it for now :-(

YEAR

ENGINE
3.0l V6 (for now)

WHEELS/TYRES
Bridgestone D698 A/Ts 255/70 R16

SUSPENSION
Stock (boring)

OTHER MODs
Does a semi-decent stereo count?
How about a child seat?
HID lamp retrofit. Got the poos when the relay buggered itself and haven't gone back - yet.
4wd Systems LR tank (128l supposedly, 100l usable atm)

ACCESSORIES
ECB Alloy Bull Bar in black (don't judge me it was cheap and second hand!)
Std. Mitsu Towbar

FUTURE MODs
6G75 conversion - provided I don't wimp out
Suspension lift - 2"
Decent lighting - LED bar and prob some HID spotties.
Either a new bull bar or (more likely) hack this one to get a winch behind it in a cradle
A/T cooler plus temp controlled thermofan

itsamitsi
Here and there

Unread post by itsamitsi » June 28th, 2015, 6:09 pm

This was the day i bought it
ImageYEAR 2015

ENGINE 4D56T Diesel

WHEELS/TYRES Std Alloys with 265/65/17 D697 Bridgestone A/Ts

SUSPENSION Std ATM but looking at Dobinson/Bilstein combo

OTHER MODs none yet

ACCESSORIES Towbar,Cargo barrier, Genuine Mits Mats

FUTURE MODs Snorkel, ECU mods, and any other hairbrain ideas I can get past the boss (it technically is her ride!)
Paul W

backintoit
Here and there

Unread post by backintoit » July 7th, 2015, 8:22 pm

So it took a couple months but I finally got the chance to get my truck dirty today.

Nothing too extreme while I work out the vehicles capabilities and my own. So just a gentles day through the ACT's west. We drove over the Bullen Range and then up in to the Brindabella's, firstly down to Flea Creek for lunch and then up to the Coree summit.

Fun day, over a 100kms all in all.

No Fn Idea
Need to get out more

Unread post by No Fn Idea » July 28th, 2015, 3:52 pm

Here is my current rig. There is a whol pile of pics in my thread in the "touring" section

2013 Auto LS Challenger with stuff
2011 GIC Offroad CT also with some stuff

Return to “Challenger”