What did YOU do to your Challenger today?

itsamitsi
Here and there

Re: What did YOU do to your Challenger today?

Unread post by itsamitsi » August 29th, 2015, 7:48 pm

I was going to install an EGR blanking plate but can't undo the nuts and can't get access from underneath so I opted for the resistor mod instead. I stashed it in the convoluted section just above the turbo, neatly out of harm and Mit's eyes way.... :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Paul W

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » September 5th, 2015, 7:25 pm

Today I added two USB charging points on the dashboard.

The sockets are held in place with a couple of plastic nuts.

So now I can do this, and get more than a couple of hours from home before the battery dies...

...while keeping everything neat and tidy.

The whole thing is just a pair of USB extension cables, so for now they're connected like this.

But I have a few of these, which provide 5V/6A across 4 USB ports. Wiring one of these in is the next step in the process.

(edit: google photos changed the way sharing works, so it turned out only I could see the pics. Can you see them now?)
Tim

2004 Challenger LS Auto. Build-up photo gallery.

mts247
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by mts247 » September 8th, 2015, 8:56 am

Well probably my first post here, unless i asked some silly question when i first joined.. :rolleyes:

I put a double din DVD player in the mighy PA Challenger, because i could and because i wanted to hook up a reverese cam for when the little lady drives it. the DVD player is a bit crap btw mainly due to the clunky hard to use buttons and blinding blue lights. i did how ever manage to run the reverse camera cable into the engine bay then into the chassis rail then up into the rear door and out at the number plate.... :lol: *Warning* this was a massive mission and if i were to do it again i'd just run it under the carpet internally...

any way, fast forward 2 months and the reverse lights stop activating and as a result the rev cam too. i thought surly i'd done something stupid, but after some scratching around i located the gear box reverse switch and sure enough it wasn't working. its mounted on top of the gear box on the drivers side about 30cm forward of the gear shift. (manual)

and now i'm seriously thinking about ordering some ironman rear coils and 4 shocks ($630) i want comfort and rarely have any more than about 100kg to carry around so i'm looking at the 0 - 250 KG load. its got the king spring heavy duty coils in now and the rear end is bone jarring off road...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » September 13th, 2015, 9:55 pm

Installed an automatic transmission cooler.
Tim

Tommo98765
Here and there

Unread post by Tommo98765 » February 2nd, 2016, 2:26 pm

good job getting a cooler but it wont last long on plastic clips. and ive heard it can wear hole in radiator. I bolted it in.
See page 144.

Ron04
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ron04 » February 3rd, 2016, 11:29 am

I'd agree bracket mounting is probably better but I've had my tranny cooler mounted with the plastic clips for around 7 years. It's been to the cape, done the old savannah way, corner country and circumnavigated Tasmania and I've not had any problems with the plastic clips or it wearing the radiator.

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » February 3rd, 2016, 3:16 pm

Thanks, guys. (I was starting to think I was the last one left in this ghost town.)

I'll certainly keep an eye on the cooler and the radiator. My original plan was to mount it away from the main radiator, but then I read that leaving a gap would actually decrease airflow, particularly when the radiator fan is running. That made sense to me, so I put them flush. From memory, it came with small foam pads which I put between to try to reduce rubbing.
Tim

Ron04
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ron04 » February 8th, 2016, 12:04 pm

Hey Tim

I still check the forum now and then but it doesn't seem like there are any big builds going on at the moment with PA's like there were 2 or 3 years ago. To be honest by the end of the year I hope to upgrade to a cruiser (76 or 79 series) haven't made my mind up so I'll probably move on as well.

With the cooler I used the insulators as well, i think the trick is to make it nice and firm so the cooler doesn't move around, like i said previously, mine has taken a beating and stood up to it without a problem (touch wood)

Return to “Challenger”