What did YOU do to your Challenger today?

Tommo98765
Here and there

Re: What did YOU do to your Challenger today?

Unread post by Tommo98765 » July 31st, 2014, 6:12 pm

Started grinding the storage box section untill i realised it can be removed. Once so the switch holder fit perectly, coincidence? not sure, but another win for Mitsubishi in my book...

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » August 1st, 2014, 5:26 pm

^^

The truth has been spoken!
Cheers,

Nathan

Tommo98765
Here and there

Unread post by Tommo98765 » August 4th, 2014, 11:55 am

I'll run out of money before I run out of space haha.

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » August 4th, 2014, 9:30 pm

At around $25 per switch, running out of money is a possibility!

At last count I've got 15 of them in the dash/console, 6 in the rear drawers and 10 of them in the camper trailer. Adds up pretty quickly.
Cheers,

Nathan

Tommo98765
Here and there

Unread post by Tommo98765 » August 6th, 2014, 4:42 pm

I was more referring to the accesories they're controlling ;-)
But you are right, the switches themselves are not cheap. My idea was to bulk buy and save, got each switch for 12 bucks with $8 total postage (ebay), now to get the accessories. Only have the light bar and dual battery set up so far.

Your dash/console must be very lit up at night! Great rig btw.

JordanT
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by JordanT » August 8th, 2014, 7:56 pm

since i bought the car i put lightforce 170 striker spotties on the front and a gme uhf under the steering wheel

just last weekend however i put in my ebay special reversing flood lights on the bull bar for camping and bright short distance driving light. also put in a strap in the boot to hold my spare jerry.
had a mate weld up some tabs to mount the lights on

went up the beach on sunday for the first time (very fun. cant wait to go again) and bolts on new lights are rusting up already so will have to pop into auto1 to grab some replacements soon. but i dont minds cuz they were cheap off ebay and aside from that, i'm actually very happy with them :)

DaCreature
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by DaCreature » August 15th, 2014, 10:21 pm

My challenger with 2" tough dog lift
Custom built rear drawer set
image.jpg
Looking to get new rims and wheels,
How are the challengers on steels??
I'm thinking 15x8 with some decent A/T's??
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tommo98765
Here and there

Unread post by Tommo98765 » September 3rd, 2014, 1:03 pm

Finished my Dual battery set up on the weekend. Definitely took a lot longer than I was expecting. But then again I did all the wiring for the current accessories plus prep for the future stuff. So I'm sure I'll thank myself later! :drink:

Items:
Second hand battery tray, already custom made for a PA. $60.
Second hand battery, $70.
140Amp Dual battery kit off eBay, $100.
8 80A relays and connectors off eBay, $25
Probably $50 on connectors, wiring, fuses and cable protection.

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » November 4th, 2014, 3:52 pm

Today I fitted a second set of Polyair Airbags to my Challenger. My first set had a bag split on the seam a fair while back so I ripped them out, vowing to never use them again. However, since towing my camper the added weight over the rear has increased the need for some extra load capacity. I'm already running OME constant load springs in the rear but they don't have a part number for a heavier spring than the +200kg I already have, so rather than experiment with different springs from different vehicles, I just fitted another set of bags. I'm sure some heavier springs out of a Pajero or even GQ/GU springs would work but I just couldn't be bothered mucking around to get the correct height.

Hopefully I get longer than 18 months out of this set.
Cheers,

Nathan

02-SR5
Need to get out more

Unread post by 02-SR5 » November 4th, 2014, 5:08 pm

Timmo,

will the springs from the new model Challenger fit. They seem to have the same rear suspension set up.

Im running a OME 400kg spring (same rate as a 200kg, just taller). Im running a Kaybar bar (tyre carrier/jerry can) and rollerdrawers with the fridge.

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » November 4th, 2014, 5:51 pm

No idea mate. It is possible as the rear setup is much the same but without having a look/measure I can only guess. Ideally I want a stiffer spring rate rather than just longer springs though. The springs in there now haven't sagged, they still maintain a good ride height, it's the spring rate that isn't up to the task. Fine with normal driving however fully loaded for a trip or towing the camper is a different story. Every now and then, with the camper in tow on rough tracks, I have noticed the rear hit the bumpstops.
I also have steel rear bar/twin wheel carrier, long range tank, water tank, drawers, fridge so my rear suspension works hard at times.

Anyway, airbags are in now.......again. If they fail again, I will definitely sort some heavier springs somehow.
Cheers,

Nathan

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » November 7th, 2014, 8:19 pm

Today I got 5 new Federal Couragia MTs, 265/75/16. They're quieter than I thought they'd be, and the back seat has stopped vibrating at speed. FTW!
Tim

2004 Challenger LS Auto. Build-up photo gallery.

Anonymousrob
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Anonymousrob » December 13th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Picked up a Prorack roof basket this morning at super cheap auto for $98. Bought a piece of steel 20mm rhs, four U bolts and four irrigation connectors for $40. Painted all the parts black and connected two cross beams of rhs between the factory mounted rails with the U bolts. I put the irrigation connectors on the bolts and some rubber between the rails and the bars for protection. Then mounted the basket with the supplied bolts. I had the light bar already, I will wire that up next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jalopy
Been here a while

Unread post by jalopy » December 17th, 2014, 9:45 pm

Replaced the rear cam seals and it was still chucking oil out from somewhere at a great rate. Added a can of Wynns Stop Leak and the leaks have stopped.

hdcoffeeboy
Here and there

Unread post by hdcoffeeboy » December 26th, 2014, 3:01 pm

Today I started installing my Christmas present.

So far I've got the hanger attached and a hole cut for the RJ45 socket. Since this is my daily drive, most of the time the mic will be disconnected and sitting in the glove box, or left at home.

The hanger, held on with supplied screws and nuts. Most of the time this will be the only visible part of the install. Just the way I like it.

Next step is the glue the RJ45 socket to the back of the overhead console. At the moment it is just sitting there, but the cable has been run through the headlining to the driver's side A pillar, and down into the dashboard.

I'd like to add either a gpsXo (http://www.inawise.com.au/gpsxo.html) or an Audio Interrupt (http://www.audiointerrupt.com/Content/CBMU4.html) which will mute the stereo when a transmission comes in, and will route the UHF audio through the front stereo speakers. Nice, neat solution.
Tim

2004 Challenger LS Auto. Build-up photo gallery.

Return to “Challenger”