What did YOU do to your Challenger today?

wixxxer
Been here a while

What did YOU do to your Challenger today?

Unread post by wixxxer » March 27th, 2011, 8:27 pm

I've seen a topic like this on some other forums, so I thought I might start it here. I know we've got "put up your Challenger photos" already, but I think this one shall be totaly different! Any posts, comments, photos etc!!! Maybe even it becomes a sticky at some stage, if we all play together!!!

wixxxer
Been here a while

Re: What did YOU do to your Challenger today?

Unread post by wixxxer » March 27th, 2011, 8:35 pm

I'll start:

After ripping out my big bandpass sub out of the boot (for it beeing too big and therfore taking up much space) I decided to get a smaller sub and install it in the way that it's actually out of the way. So I got a Pioneer's TS-SW2501S4, and installed it in the hollow space on the LHS in the boot. Enclosure is made out of fibreglass with the front and sides MDF, with exactly 12.7 litres volume, as specified by Pioneer. Sounds really nice (and it's my first closed enclosure), and takes nearly no space in the boot. Here's the photo:Image

Mooney
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Mooney » March 28th, 2011, 7:18 am

nice work wixxxer, thats a very tidy install!.

I done an oil, oil filter and air filter change on my challenger yeasterda.

hopefully today im going to mount up the roof racks i picked up from the wreckers the other day

AJChallenger
Been here a while

Unread post by AJChallenger » March 28th, 2011, 12:08 pm

X2... VERY nice Wixxer!

I put a reversing camera in on the weekend... plugs up into 7" GPS/DVD/TV/Radio thingo in dash...
Then more work on the (Triton) ute tub trailer... will this project ever end??? lol

oul053
Been here a while

Unread post by oul053 » March 28th, 2011, 1:13 pm

I trial fitted a new deep cycle battery and stuff around with my broken ac compressor. Wixxer who made the enclosure? I have a Sony 12pm sub in my boot in a small box but having something like that would give me my whole boot back.

Mr.Squeaky
Here and there

Unread post by Mr.Squeaky » March 28th, 2011, 5:58 pm

I cut my nudge bar shorter so it doesn't interfere with my approach angle anymore.

AJChallenger
Been here a while

Unread post by AJChallenger » March 28th, 2011, 7:35 pm

That's a damn good idea Squeaky... that's the one thing I hate about the nudge bar!! Would love to see a pic or two of it...

wixxxer
Been here a while

Unread post by wixxxer » March 29th, 2011, 7:19 am

Yesterday I just looked at her (it's a girl, lol) and thought about all the things I have to do... but I was lazy...

Thanks 4 your comments on my sub, and thank for keeping the thread alive :) <happy>
@oul053: I made the enclosure myself, took me about 10-12 hours from scratch. Worst part was to cut the form of the sides so that the box can be dropped in and taken out easily. I guess that max volume of the box can't be much more than ~13 litres if you don't make it stick out further. It's important that the enclosure volume matches with the sub requirements in order to sound as it should. That's why I went for the above mentioned small (10") shallow mount sub. If you need any more info/advice on building sub enclosures, pm me, happy to help.

Ron04
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ron04 » March 29th, 2011, 7:30 am

I relocated the washer bottle from the original position to the passengers side fire wall so my alloy Formula Offroad winch bar can be reshaped on the sides (same as the steel version in the Formula Offroad Bull Bar thread.

The fit was a shoe horn and i need a funnel to fill it but it does the job. I might get around to extending the neck one day to make it easier to fill
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ron04 on March 30th, 2011, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » March 29th, 2011, 5:04 pm

I removed about 25kg of mud,dirt and dust from my engine bay and underneath after a weekend playing out at Newnes.

Also fitted a new radiator.......in the process of a full cooling system overhaul.Just got the fan to go.

Worthy of a mention is the Transmission Temperature Gauge I fitted a few weeks back. Ordered a 2 1/16" metric Autometer Gauge from the States and plumbed it into my Trans Cooler lines. I deleted the factory cooler inside the radiator as I run twin external coolers.

Mounted the gauge on the underside of the dash just above where my left knee rests while driving.Keeps it out of the way yet visible through the steering wheel when needed.
Cheers,

Nathan

Mr.Squeaky
Here and there

Unread post by Mr.Squeaky » March 29th, 2011, 5:25 pm

AJChallenger wrote:That's a damn good idea Squeaky... that's the one thing I hate about the nudge bar!! Would love to see a pic or two of it...
Stay tuned I will put some up tomorrow as it is a touch dark outside atm. :)
And as with Timmo have removed a small trailer's worth of mud from underneath after playing at the Glasshouse Mountains on Sunday,but i fitted my new radiator last week. Must be the season for it.

wixxxer
Been here a while

Unread post by wixxxer » March 29th, 2011, 5:52 pm

Some really cool things to READ here, thanks for that. Some photos of the work done would be awesome ;)

Scar
Been here a while

Unread post by Scar » March 29th, 2011, 6:12 pm

I didn't do it today, However I did it over the weekend. Recently bought a 120W folding solar panel and a 15A Ctek charger.
Decieded to add 2 x Anderson points to charge either the main or secondary battery.
Added an anderson plug to the Ctek charger and the portable solar panel.
This way from now on I can use either the Ctek or the 120W solar panel to charge either battery.
Cheers
Jason.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » March 29th, 2011, 6:38 pm

Pics of my trans temp gauge with and without flash and backlight on.

It has a range of 60-170 degrees Celcius and is mounted using an Autometer Gauge Cup.
Cheers,

Nathan

jbb74
Here and there

Unread post by jbb74 » March 30th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Finished fitting my new Safari Snorkel today and now just waiting for long Range Fuel Tank from 4WDSystems SA to arrive (soon I hope).
Cheers
john

Return to “Challenger”