Challenger/Triton... What's compatible?

knoath05
Been here a while

Challenger/Triton... What's compatible?

Unread post by knoath05 » June 25th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Looking for accessories for my Challenger, reading here that some things are interchangeable with the Triton... so just what is compatible?
I'm after a bullbar or nudge bar so should I be searching for Triton stuff too?
Any advice welcomed.

wayne1985
Been here a while

Re: Challenger/Triton... What's compatible?

Unread post by wayne1985 » June 25th, 2012, 8:17 pm

Triton bullbar mounts are different to Challengers. I can tell you the hubs, cv joints, and diff locks are inter changeable. So is the snorkel and I'm sure there are many other parts too.

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » June 25th, 2012, 9:35 pm

Not entirely true about BullBar mounts. The bolt spacing as well as the chassis rail spacing is identical between Triton and Challenger (I spent quite some time measuring and checking Tritons before I took the plunge and ordered my Triton bar) so technically the bars bolt up to the Challenger mounts but foul on headlights/grille/AC pipework as they protrude further than on the Triton. A Triton bar is still far from a direct fit though and they take a bit of playing around to fit up. Some need to be spaced out from the rails by about 40mm whereas mine required a bodylift to make it work. That is only one of the issues to get past.

If you are just after a standard type bullbar then it's not worth looking past the Formula OffRoad bars for a Challenger, at least you know it's a definite bolt up job. It just depends if you are looking for something different then it becomes difficult.

There are options for Challenger specific nudge bars too so don't bother with Triton gear. I had a Black, ECB nudge on mine prior to fitting a BullBar.

Most mechanical stuff is interchangeable, it's just the body type stuff that tends to be a bit different. Even if it is only subtle. Although, as Wayne has mentioned above, the Triton Snorkel fits the Challenger bodylines perfectly.
Last edited by Timmo on June 25th, 2012, 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers,

Nathan

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » June 25th, 2012, 9:45 pm

Thanks for the info fellas... much appreciated.

mitschal02
Been here a while

Unread post by mitschal02 » June 25th, 2012, 9:54 pm

Timmo do you know if the ARB Bullbar to suit flared tritons made after 2001 or 2002 fit ? From what i can understand the tritons made after this date had the same style grill as 2001 + Challengers

Link http://www.arb.com.au/products/arb-prot ... s/3446060/

Timmo
Need to get out more

Unread post by Timmo » June 25th, 2012, 10:19 pm

I highly doubt it mate. The Challenger nose sits about 40mm further forward than the Tritons and means the bar uprights will clash with the lower part of the headlights/grille. The grilles are similar in style but dimensions are different.

I have seen a Triton ARB bar fitted to a Challenger before but the rear part of the uprights had been cut out to be able to make it fit around the grille and lights. That was all I could see, I dare say there would be more work to it to get it to fit though.

I never looked into the ARB range of bars so I don't know what other mods would be required to fit one.
Cheers,

Nathan

mitschal02
Been here a while

Unread post by mitschal02 » June 25th, 2012, 10:24 pm

Cheers thanks for that :) Nothing is ever easy but that would make owning a Challenger boring lol

Cheers Graeme

knoath05
Been here a while

Unread post by knoath05 » June 27th, 2012, 7:29 am

Can anyone tell me if the Triton doors have the same profile as the Challengers (02) as I'd like to get a couple of weathershields too...

Ron04
Avid Poster

Unread post by Ron04 » June 27th, 2012, 8:41 am

Don't know about Triton doors but Haig and Mitsubishi both make weather shields for the challenger. WIth Haig which can be ordered through Supercheap there are quite a number of options in both tint and profile

Richard387
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Richard387 » March 22nd, 2018, 4:53 pm

I have a MK triton and the gearbox is on its way out, ive found a few cheap challengers with blown heads ect.. but not cheap tritons or gearboxes. So my question is will a challenger gearbox fit a triton? And does it matter if the engine is petrol or diesel?

Return to “Challenger”