Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Guss
Admin

Generation 1 Pajero NA - NG Models 1983 - 1991

Unread post by Guss » May 8th, 2009, 3:15 pm

O'k guys, Post up ya Gen 1s & List ya Mods or what's on the wish list...

Here's a couple of my 2 previous Pajs...

1983 Shorty..

& 1986 LWB..

Guss. :thumb:
200 Series VX Twin-Turbo V8 Diesel Landcruiser
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=160755

NM 3.2 DID Pajero with a few Mods. SOLD..

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=34585

meece4x4
Getting to know the place

Unread post by meece4x4 » May 8th, 2009, 4:28 pm

Heres my current one

halfway thru a custom from bumper for it at the moment hopefully will be able to finish it this weekend.

currently on 31" M/T tyres with a modest 2" lift, XD9000 Warn winch with in cab switches, and have started on a set of rear draws for it , doing it up simular to one of those Ozzie outback touring wagons ya see. :)

to do list ....
drop rear LSD and machine 18 tho off the drum mating surface.

would LOVE (who dosnt) a front locka but cant justify the cost on a $1000 sh*tbox
1988, 2.5TD, LWB ,IFS, LSD, POS, PAJ, 31" M/T's on bling rims, Snorkel, 2" Lift ,new shocks ,XD9000 winch

dr3805
Been here a while

Unread post by dr3805 » May 8th, 2009, 5:06 pm

looks like you had some fun in you swb when you had that Guss.
hears mine 89NF auto V6
done a fair bit to it 2" body lift, 3" lifted coils rear and wound up the front TJM XGS shocks all round, 33" silverstone ex-tremes, all the stuff ya can see on it and the stuff you don't see. under bonet compressor, fold down tables on the tail gate, extra 12v sockets, duel batt set up, custom awning which i'm still working on, LED swivel and tilt map lights, manual hub locks. made a couple of new bash plates for the transfer case.
things to do are, get off my butt and fit my jerry can holder that i've made, new rear bar, when i kill it i'll do it, shower system, and air locker i'm looking in to as well as crawler gears.
[size=84]89 NF/3" lifted coils rear/wound up bars front/2" body lift/33" silverstone x-tremes/winch/duel batt[/size]/power invertor/and more
[url=http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=3088]http://www.4wdaction.com.au[/url]
[url=http://www.4wdact

Guss
Admin

Great stuff...

Unread post by Guss » May 8th, 2009, 5:18 pm

meece4x4 wrote:Heres my current one halfway thru a custom from bumper for it at the moment hopefully will be able to finish it this weekend.

currently on 31" M/T tyres with a modest 2" lift, XD9000 Warn winch with in cab switches, and have started on a set of rear draws for it , doing it up simular to one of those Ozzie outback touring wagons ya see. :)

to do list ....
drop rear LSD and machine 18 tho off the drum mating surface.

would LOVE (who dosnt) a front locka but cant justify the cost on a $1000 sh*tbox

Make sure you post a pic of the finished Bar...Lookin'good so far! ;)
dr3805 wrote:looks like you had some fun in you swb when you had that Guss.
hears mine 89NF auto V6
done a fair bit to it 2" body lift, 3" lifted coils rear and wound up the front TJM XGS shocks all round, 33" silverstone ex-tremes, all the stuff ya can see on it and the stuff you don't see. under bonet compressor, fold down tables on the tail gate, extra 12v sockets, duel batt set up, custom awning which i'm still working on, LED swivel and tilt map lights, manual hub locks. made a couple of new bash plates for the transfer case.
things to do are, get off my butt and fit my jerry can holder that i've made, new rear bar, when i kill it i'll do it, shower system, and air locker i'm looking in to as well as crawler gears.

I did at that!
Some great shots good example of what the Paj can do too! :truck:

Guss. :thumb:

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » May 8th, 2009, 5:37 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love that Paj of dr3805s :thumb:
Makes me want to put a set of GQ springs in mine, wind up the front some more and get some chunky rubber!! :D
92 NH Pajero. 3L V6 petrol auto. Maxxis Bighorn muddies on Infinity rims. GME TX4600 UHF. [b][i]Factory rear locker[/i][/b]. GU standard rear coils, Ironman foam-cell shocks front & rear, torsion bars wound up 2". [b][i]TJM [/i][/b]steel bar. [b][i]Tigerz11 winch.[/i][/b] Now, just [b]lovin' livin' the freedom!![/b] Happy trails. :thumb:

dr3805
Been here a while

Unread post by dr3805 » May 8th, 2009, 5:52 pm

scarecrow2 wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love that Paj of dr3805s :thumb:
Makes me want to put a set of GQ springs in mine, wind up the front some more and get some chunky rubber!! :D
thanks mate. I'm loving what your doin to yours, and you'd be loving the new ironman set up and so on.
hey its not hard i'm sure there's plenty of gq owners that have a set of standard hight gq springs just laying around, the only other thing need would be a set of 2" longer shocks for the rear, i'm just waithing till mine die
[size=84]89 NF/3" lifted coils rear/wound up bars front/2" body lift/33" silverstone x-tremes/winch/duel batt[/size]/power invertor/and more
[url=http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/index.php?id=3088]http://www.4wdaction.com.au[/url]

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » May 8th, 2009, 8:29 pm

dr3805 wrote:thanks mate. I'm loving what your doin to yours, and you'd be loving the new ironman set up and so on.
hey its not hard i'm sure there's plenty of gq owners that have a set of standard hight gq springs just laying around, the only other thing need would be a set of 2" longer shocks for the rear, i'm just waithing till mine die
I think the new shocks I put in when I did the 2" lift are longer. Would that be enough for the GQ coils do you reckon?
92 NH Pajero. 3L V6 petrol auto. Maxxis Bighorn muddies on Infinity rims. GME TX4600 UHF. [b][i]Factory rear locker[/i][/b]. GU standard rear coils, Ironman foam-cell shocks front & rear, torsion bars wound up 2". [b][i]TJM [/i][/b]steel bar. [b][i]Tigerz11 winch.[/i][/b] Now, just [b]lovin' livin' the freedom!![/b] Happy trails. :thumb:

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » May 9th, 2009, 12:06 pm

meece4x4 wrote:Heres my current one

halfway thru a custom from bumper for it at the moment hopefully will be able to finish it this weekend.
Hey meece, this is a narly lookin Paj mate! I love that you're really using it. I look forward to seeing your handi-work on that front bar.
You say it only owes you 1grand?! I wish I could find one for that price and had the skills to set it up. What an ideal machine.

Got any more action shots? :thumb::D keep em coming, eh?
Cheers mate.

meece4x4
Getting to know the place

Unread post by meece4x4 » May 9th, 2009, 1:36 pm

scarecrow2 wrote:Hey meece, this is a narly lookin Paj mate! I love that you're really using it. I look forward to seeing your handi-work on that front bar.
You say it only owes you 1grand?! I wish I could find one for that price and had the skills to set it up. What an ideal machine.

Got any more action shots? :thumb::D keep em coming, eh?
Cheers mate.

Cheers for that Scarecrow
I paid $1000 for the truck thtas about all thier worth over here, however i have spent about 400 on new shocks, add the spots and excetra's in and she owes me about 1500 , still a cheep weekend hack :D the xd 9000 ive had for a while and goes from truck to truck lol,

hopefully i will be able to get out in the next few weeks to have a bit of a play and grab some more photo's

heres a quick phone snap of the bar as she is now, the end upright pipes stop at the bottom of the indercator due to NZ's Warrent of Fittnes laws (that the indercator/brake lights are not allowed to be obstructed in any way) the advantage is they are perfect for fitting sand dune flags

1988, 2.5TD, LWB ,IFS, LSD, POS, PAJ, 31" M/T's on bling rims, Snorkel, 2" Lift ,new shocks ,XD9000 winch

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » May 9th, 2009, 1:58 pm

meece4x4 wrote:Cheers for that Scarecrow
I paid $1000 for the truck thtas about all thier worth over here, however i have spent about 400 on new shocks, add the spots and excetra's in and she owes me about 1500 , still a cheep weekend hack :D the xd 9000 ive had for a while and goes from truck to truck lol,

hopefully i will be able to get out in the next few weeks to have a bit of a play and grab some more photo's

heres a quick phone snap of the bar as she is now, the end upright pipes stop at the bottom of the indercator due to NZ's Warrent of Fittnes laws (that the indercator/brake lights are not allowed to be obstructed in any way) the advantage is they are perfect for fitting sand dune flags

great stuff! looking sharp. :thumb: Mate for a truck that only owes about $1500, it's a ripper!
lookin forward to more pics.:thumb:
Cheers.

RaeNTroy
Avid Poster

Unread post by RaeNTroy » May 11th, 2009, 1:58 pm

heres our current ride:
has 31"tyres, removed seats 6 & 7, HD clutch
wish list-looking at getting a lift tomorrow, then some maxxis mudzillas and a few other odds and ends.
[align=center][color="Blue"]HIS: 1986 Diahatsu Rocky[/color],[color="blue"][color="blue"][color="Purple"]HERS: 1993 Toyota Landcruiser[/color][/color][/color]
[color="Orange"]PROJECT: Rocktrolodore[/color][/align]

Guss
Admin

Unread post by Guss » May 11th, 2009, 2:06 pm

RaeNTroy wrote:heres our current ride:
wish list-looking at getting a lift tomorrow, then some maxxis mudzillas and a few other odds and ends.

Good 1, post a pic after lift! :thumb:

scarecrow2

Unread post by scarecrow2 » May 11th, 2009, 5:09 pm

RaeNTroy wrote:heres our current ride:
Hey guys,

yeah I've seen this one on here before, I like it! and I like what you're doing with it too. :thumb:

Keep the pics coming, looking forward to the 'post-lift' pics.

Cheers.
Sean.

xtreme4wds
I'm new, be nice!

88 pajero engine swap

Unread post by xtreme4wds » May 14th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Hey i won a 88 Pajero and im looking for an engine swap to a 1jz or 2jz, can anyone tell me if this is possible and roughly how much?? cheers

dr3805
Been here a while

Unread post by dr3805 » May 19th, 2009, 5:24 pm

went for a bit of a play on sunday and found some good stuff to play on and in.

bit of a hole with a deep rut on the left
ohhhhh i found some flex in the rear
a little to much right foot
and to wash the underside a little

Return to “Pajero”