Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

simospeed8
I'm new, be nice!

Re: Generation 3 Pajero NM - NP Models 2000 - 2006

Unread post by simospeed8 » November 19th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Hi guys,
I just fitted a 2" lift and now have a bad vibration mainly at 80-100kph. Has anyone had issues after raising their NM V6 auto or a like?
Thinking rear shaft dont appreciate their new working angle??

mydmax
Need to get out more

Unread post by mydmax » November 19th, 2013, 10:40 pm

Not sure if you have a one or two piece tailshaft.
A lift will alter the angles the unis drive through quite a bit.
Best to measure the angles of the rear two/three unis to see if they are running at about 3 or 4 degrees. If more they will have short life even if you can't feel any vibes.
The rear two unis must be around 3 to 4 degrees and they should, ideally be as close to the same running angle as is possible.
The last piece of tailshaft accelerates and decelerates twice every turn and so any mismatch in the rear two uni angle will begin to cause vibes because the rear uni can't cancel out the torsional fluctuations the uni before it created. "Dat's DA Vibes"

It seems some adjustment, fitting of adjustable arms for rear axle and possibly some alteration to the centre bearing lower (if fitted) not sure there. Sometimes the gearbox has to be lowered a bit to easy the first uni angle in some situations.
Generally the pinion has to be made to point UP more than it is to start to correct things which have altered.

I am not totally familiar with the layout of your driveline so any additional info you can supply, will be helpful for people who don't own one, so more accurate advice can be supplied.

Cheers
mydmax

Aussie_Dan
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Aussie_Dan » November 20th, 2013, 8:14 am

It won't be the rear tailshaft as the Gen 3 Paj has IRS. So nothing at all changes with the gearbox to rear diff alignment.
What does change however is the angles of all four CV shafts. This maybe causing some trouble but people reporting vibrations with the NM onwards Pajero after a lift seems to be a very rare occurrence, i.e. it generally doesn't happen.
Have you had a full 4 wheel alignment carried out since the new springs were fitted? An alignment problem would wear your tyres out very quickly and if it were bad enough, could also potentially cause a vibration.
Cheers, Dan.

simospeed8
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by simospeed8 » November 20th, 2013, 2:38 pm

Yep, had 4 head wa done last sat. It had a slight vibe from rear before lift but not worth worrying about. Its looking likely this is in the 1% that has a cv issue hey?

PajeroNP2004
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by PajeroNP2004 » February 7th, 2014, 2:07 pm

A few picks of the recent trip to Moreton Island. I had to snatch the Prado twice and the 200 Landy once, funny.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NP 2005 GLX 3.2 DiD, ARB Deluxe bar, rock sliders, Great Whites LED Spots, Baja 50" LED light bar, Warn 9.5XP winch & Sydura rope, Safari snorkel, ARB CKMA12 onboard comp, Old Man Emu lift, Redarc dual battery system DC/DC charger, neoprene seat covers, R

brettavey
Been here a while

Unread post by brettavey » February 16th, 2014, 11:24 am

My new bullbar custom made from DMX Hervey Bay. Very pleased with it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Aussie_Dan
Part of the furniture

Unread post by Aussie_Dan » February 16th, 2014, 9:05 pm

Awesome looking bar!

Lunatik
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Lunatik » February 25th, 2014, 1:58 am

Hey Snapcatcher I noticed you had 285/75/16's. Apart from the front mud guards did you have any other problems with that size like less flex, noise, handling etc? Does it knock your speedo way out or can they recalibrate that?
05 NP Manl DI-D Pajero. 32" At's, Tough Dog 2" lift, Bushskinz bashplates, Pioneer DVD/Nav audio screen, GME 3345, ARB deluxe bar.

brettavey
Been here a while

Unread post by brettavey » March 22nd, 2014, 7:57 pm

Built a rear light bracket to light up the night.

Lunatik
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Lunatik » April 6th, 2014, 6:59 pm

Oops!.. Got a bit careless and slipped down this dune. I cant express how steep that slope is compared to how it looks in the photo. Ol mate in the D-max was a novice and got heavily bogged snatching me out so both vehicles were stuck with the snatch strap under tension :boggle: Took quite a bit of digging to get the d-max out then I, being the more experienced driver, had to get in the d-max and snatch my own car out hahaha :lol: It was quite draining and took a lot of time but aside from this we had a good day and the Pajero performed beautifully even with road tyres on :D
05 NP Manl DI-D Pajero. 32" At's, Tough Dog 2" lift, Bushskinz bashplates, Pioneer DVD/Nav audio screen, GME 3345, ARB deluxe bar.

Barramax4x4
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Barramax4x4 » July 14th, 2014, 9:26 pm

Hey guys..... Toyed with idea of upgrading from np to another make, but every time I look at this thread I decide to keep my paj.

A few questions though.....
I have a lot of mods but I want to know how to get 33's in without rubbing etc. I'm currently running 265/75/16's (31's) ATZ's with heavy duty adjustable tough dogs heavy duty springs and air bags.........any ideas. I've already have to change both rear cv's due to splitting the boots.
Who makes a rear bar for np incorporating dual wheel carrier?
Also, I'm looking for more power (who isn't) what diesel chips are giving best power increases safely and is an exhaust upgrade necessary.
What's the benefit of blocking egr pipe, I've heard a few guys talk about it?

Diesel NP with Mickey Thompson ATZ's 2in lift in front 3in in rear, tough dog adjustable shocks, heavy duty springs, air bags in rear bush skinzs bash plates for inter cooler and sump, ARB front bar, spotties, UHF, sunroof, rhino racks with custom basket, rear led camp light, twin batteries, winch......

Lunatik
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by Lunatik » August 5th, 2014, 12:30 am

Hi Barramax

Ive got 32's on mine with a tough dog 2" lift as well and I'm not not sure if its possible to get 33's on there. There isn't a lot of room left and you lose a bit of travel. I've been toying with the idea of a solid axle suspension conversion haha :D

I'm also interested in chipping and exhaust. I'm scared of what people say about chips degrading the engine life. Id like to know how they work too, seems like a bad investment if all they do is dump more fuel in.
Ive been speaking to Mike at pacemaker and he's happily programmed a "rear resonator delete" into the production line of their 3" exhausts.

PajeroNM-Junior
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by PajeroNM-Junior » November 2nd, 2014, 7:53 pm

G'day Guys,

Loving the Paj's on this page, some mad rigs. This is my 2000 Pajero NM Petrol V6. My dad bought it about 3 years ago and then spent $6k on an all around rebuild so she's in incredible condition, but currently not too capable. We take it over to Moreton Island about 3 times each year and we've never managed to get stuck and love snatching out our Hilux loving mates! Now that I have my licence dad and I are quite keen to get into some more serious 4wding and turn this rig into a capable tourer. We're absolute novices but are very keen to get involved-everyone started somewhere :lol: We were considering buying a brand new ute to do up because of all the Pajero hate we've experienced but decided to stick with our beaty. I know it's got some Pedders Trakryder shock absorbers but as I'm a newbie and no expert mechanic, I'm not sure if she's lifted at all. The first thing we want to do would be get the vehicle up higher to stick some bigger tyres underneath as she's currently on some highway tyres, some advice on this would be much appreciated, don't want to go to a mechanic and be ripped off!! Thanks for any replies fellas ;)
2000 Pajero NM 3.5L V6 Petrol

dirty-sanchez
I'm new, be nice!

Unread post by dirty-sanchez » March 27th, 2015, 6:20 am

new to forum and new to 4wds...bought my first 4x4 23 dec 14....a great chrisi present...

Guss
Admin

Unread post by Guss » June 24th, 2015, 4:42 pm

Some great looking Gen 3s Guys..

Had mine detailed by a mates son as it hadn't been cleaned for months due to back issues..
Think I'll keep using him too. Come up like new inside & out.. :)

Thanks Ricky, I know you poke your head in here now & then :thumb:

Guss. :cool:
200 Series VX Twin-Turbo V8 Diesel Landcruiser
viewtopic.php?f=187&t=160755

NM 3.2 DID Pajero with a few Mods. SOLD..

viewtopic.php?f=187&t=34585

Return to “Pajero”