NS DPF light flashing - what's the go?

xgrumpig
Here and there

NS DPF light flashing - what's the go?

Unread post by xgrumpig » May 3rd, 2018, 11:30 pm

gday hopeing some one can help.
Just bought my misses her first pajero being a Auto NS drove it 3 hrs home on the highway fautlessly and when she pulled in the driveway and the DPF light started flashing??
Motors done 240XXX ks
and was servericed less thAn 1000ks ago.

shitn my pants atm as that was all our savings.
1997 Ln106 Trayback
Au falcon ghia seats
2" toughdog up front new
2"load carrying old man emu in the rear
2"body lift
33's
soon to be fully engineerd.
http://www.4wdaction.com.au/shed/classi ... -rockyscat

Peter Aawen
Admin

Re: NS DPF light flashing - what's the go?

Unread post by Peter Aawen » May 4th, 2018, 3:37 am

Certainly check your glovebox manual, but DPF means Diesel Particulate Filter & at least initially, they go thru an occasional 'regeneration cycle' where all the collected particulate gets burnt off - and I believe that it usually shows the flashing light during that process & all you hafta do is let it run to ensure the regeneration process completes properly & at a high enough temp! But your manual (or the Mitsubishi website guide for your model) will have instructions!! So with any luck, having the light flash at you isn't going to be a biggie - but you will need to check the instructions!

If it's a bigger issue than that, check out this lot: http://www.dpfaustralia.com.au/dpf-information/ - there's some info on the alternatives there, & that site also has info on replacement parts if you need them, but I wouldn't have thought that'd be the case just yet - they are meant to last for ages... decades even! ;)
An Ex-Service person is someone who thought enough about their country & how great it is, how lucky we are to live here, to write a blank cheque made out to 'The People and Commonwealth of Australia' for the value of 'Up to & including my Life!'

Return to “Pajero”