Some ideas please from anyone

Muckinhell
Need to get out more

Some ideas please from anyone

Unread post by Muckinhell » January 5th, 2010, 5:11 pm

Hi, i have recently bought a series 3 landy ute with the 2.3 diesel in it. its unregistered and hasnt been since 05. the problem is the vacuum supply for the brakes has been taken off it since this is a real restriction for these vehicles as it relies on a butterfly system on the intake manifold. now im hoping someone may now of a alternator with vac pump that would be a straight bolt in affair or cheap 12v vacuum pump system or some other vacuum system that may have been used on a diffrent diesel motor or come from a different diesel vacuum brake set up that worked succesfully on any vehicle that mey be of some use to my situation...
many thanks in advance..
[align=center](80 series Poverty pack 1HZ TDI.)[/align]

BMKal
Part of the furniture

Unread post by BMKal » January 5th, 2010, 7:55 pm

Toyota HiAce van 2.4 litre diesel used to run an alternator with vaccuum pump at the back - not sure if they carried this on in later models or not. Assume that the earlier Hi-lux's with the same engine probably also used the same alternator.

To find out what others have done with Landrovers, try Australian Land Rover Owners

Muckinhell
Need to get out more

Unread post by Muckinhell » January 6th, 2010, 5:14 pm

yeah i think its the same as the 2.4 hilux....i have a work one in me drive way now but cant see the mounts to measure them for the ac pump. ill be deff looking into that one further thanks.

MOPAR or NO CAR
Need to get out more

Unread post by MOPAR or NO CAR » January 15th, 2010, 12:58 am

I would definatly be looking at AULRO too ;) Excellent Land Rover Forum, you won't have to wait weeks for an answer like you do on here in relation to landrovers :p

Especially Series Landys :D

BTW congrats on the purchase mate, they are great trucks and once you get your head around the british engineering and Lucas the prince of darkness you will have heaps of fun :cool:
Massively Over Powered Asphalt Rippers

garrycol
Avid Poster

Unread post by garrycol » January 15th, 2010, 9:22 am

I thought most newer diesel landies had vacuum pump alternators - and some of the V8s had separate vacuum pumps for the cruise control that may be suitable.

Go to AULRO though.

Garry

Muckinhell
Need to get out more

Unread post by Muckinhell » January 15th, 2010, 5:10 pm

yep thanks guys i am a memeber of AULRO with same user name and not much help there with exact answers so far...thats why i chose here to have a go too with people outside of landrovers maybe outside the box thinking....i have had landrover s3 bout 12 years ago i rebuilt with 202 etc ex mil lwb, then i traded that on 84 rangie....so i know what im in for, but now im far more up with electrics and some mechanics so its a lot more fun and less reliant on others.

mrintenso
Been here a while

Unread post by mrintenso » July 3rd, 2010, 7:43 pm

have a look at the daihatsu rocky alternator.. has vacum brakes and is a fairly simple unit...

Return to “Series Landy”