The Original Land Rovers

seannyb
Getting to know the place

Unread post by seannyb » December 20th, 2009, 9:34 pm

I used to work to ULR land rover in melbourne, we used to get people calling up for parts. Most of the time we couldnt help and we never had anything that old come into the workshop, but there seems to be a huge following behind the series 1-2-3 land rovers, if only they made the defender half as good as the series 2a-3.

Great cars, id never touch one with a ten foot pole, but great to see other people with them
:)

D-Fender
Been here a while

Unread post by D-Fender » December 20th, 2009, 9:43 pm

Best vehicles around. I love Series III's. Hopefully get one soon, and trying to talk my dad into getting another IIA.

MOPAR or NO CAR
Need to get out more

Unread post by MOPAR or NO CAR » January 15th, 2010, 1:07 am

Muckinhell wrote:yeah i had a s3 ex army troopy 10 years ago and it was great fun, i just bought this to get around to and from work etc to save k's on me 80 series and grubbing it up with work tools and stuff......

iv got the old girl to start with no aero start now just hold foot flat to the floor and she kicks over after a little bit.

seen your add there bout the bullbar i might have to look into that to see if it will fit with the winch it looks a nice bullbar, and that s1 looks the goods too, like the tyres....

you got any spare decent rims lying around maybe as well???the back to on me ute look a tad sus to be doing highway driving with.
Nah mate sorry haven't got any rims, keep an eye out as they turn up every now and then (check AULRO Markets). Discovery 1 and RRC have the same stud pattern so you could also use a set of those in a pinch. I do however have 2x 7.00R16 nankang light truck tyres. Most run the 7.50R16s however if by chance yours is running the smaller size these would be perfect. I only did 1000kms MAX on them before I changed back to 7.50R16s so they are as new. PM if you are interested

I'm keen to get rid of the bullbar, just cut a hole and bolt/weld in a set of rollers for the winch and you are away. It even has holes in the supports to brace the bullbar back to the chassis like the Military brush bars were.
Massively Over Powered Asphalt Rippers

VooDoo

Re: The Original Land Rovers

Unread post by VooDoo » April 19th, 2012, 11:15 pm

For anyone still into these old girls, there is a really tidy s3 with a holden 202 on gas in Brisbane for sale in a yard for 3k atm. Not my car nor am i affiliated but if interested in it PM me and ill let you know where. Its straight as a die and in good cond other than some minor repairs needed on a section of the floor.

bush man
I'm new, be nice!

Re: The Original Land Rovers

Unread post by bush man » May 27th, 2015, 12:43 am

hi landy lights were in the grill up to 1968 and 69 &70 ect were in the guards as they moved to s3
regards john

Return to “Series Landy”